Orchard Bank / unknown rush fee charges
I have held a secured credit card with Orchard Bank (HSBC) for over 2 years in good standing. I recently applied for an Orchard Bank Credit Card. When I received the new card in the mail, I activated it. I then went online to set up my online account access. Under my statement, I noticed the annual fee (expected) and a "rush processing fee" for $35.00 (unexpected) had posted to my account.
When I applied for this card, I did not immediately need to use the card so I did not request a rush processing fee. I sent an e-mail to Orchard Bank requesting the "rush processing fee" be removed. Their response: We value your business and are glad you contacted us concerning your card. As of 04/29/09, our records indicate that the rush option was selected at the time of application. Please be assured, you will receive you credit card within 3-5 business days from the account opening date."
I have responded back, asking to have my original request for the fee that I did not authorize be honored. I also requested my e-mails be submitted to an account manager.
I filed an online complaint and sent a copy of my e-mails to: The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency "created by Congress to charter national banks, to oversee a nationwide system of banking institutions, and to assure that national banks are safe and sound, competitive and profitable, and capable of serving in the best possible manner the banking needs of their customers." email address: Customer.Assistance@occ.treas.gov
Currently, I retain my other HSBC Orchard Bank Card in good standing. But if this minor $35.00 fee is not removed, I will close both account.
Comptroller of the Currency Administrator of National Banks, U.S. Department of Treasury. (2009). Retrieved April 30, 2009 from Consumer Complaints and Assistance: http://www.occ.treas.gov/index.htm.
More Orchard Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Capital One Auto Finance - scam and cheating! 
- Capital One - unreasonable account restrictions 
- Capital One Auto Finance - terrible experience 
- Capital One Credit Card Company - fraud business practices! 
- Capital One - terrible service and company in hole 
- Capital One Financial Corporation - bank policy and customer service
- Capital One Financial Corporation - credit card scam
- Capital One Bank - credit card
- Capital One Financial Corporation - horrible practices/policy
- Capital One Financial Corporation - spark business credit card