Orbitz / Buying plane tockets

1 OR, United States Review updated:

Be very careful about entering travelers name correctly.

My sister purchased tickets for me and her daughter the evening of May 29, 2009. It auto filled my last name as the same as her married name. We notice the error when we received the travel confirmation via email, and called Orbitz first this morning to get it corrected.

Orbitz customer service stated the only thing they could do was have the airline make a note in the reservation, but the airlines would not guaranteed that they would allow me to fly under the incorrect last name.

So we then called the Continental directly and where told that I would not be able to board under the incorrect last name, and since we purchase the non-refundable tickets through an online service there is nothing that could be done. Continental also informed us that if we had purchased the same tickets through them directly they could have matched the online price, and we could have made the name correction within 24 hours of purchasing the tickets.

So I now have a $600.00 USELESS TICKET & can not afford to purchase another ticket for my trip. I am going to assume their will be a cancellation fees and/or I will have to pay for the week’s stay at a resort. I have not made those calls yet.

Due to this I WILL NEVER USE ORBITZ or CONTINENTAL AGAIN. I would have understood if they charge a fee to correct the error, but not having an option to address an minor entry error is UNEXCEPTABLE, and has been VERY COSTLEY & STRESSFUL.

Vr

Comments

17th of Jan, 2013

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM! I WILL NOT USE THEM AGAIN AND AM LETTING FRIENDS AND FAMILY KNOW ABOUT THEIR PRACTICES. I ENCOURAGE YOU TO DO THE SAME.