Orbitz / Price Assurance scam
Price Assurance is not working….possible scam.
I booked a flight on Sept 9th DTW- AUS for $379 (total cost). I just booked the EXACT same flight for a co-worker on Dec 2nd at $335 (total cost) on my same Orbitz account. When I select my “Price Assurance” link in my account, both itineraries are listed, and both say, “Tracking - You currently have the lowest price!” …though one is listed at $379, and the other at $335. I spent an hour on the phone with a customer service rep, but they were not able to help me at all, even though they confirmed that all details were correct. They had no idea why it was not working. I even received a follow up email listing my current Price assurance reward at zero dollars.
I wonder how many other people are being ripped off as most are not booking the exact same flight twice…they have to have faith that Orbitz is being honorable and holding up their end of their guarantee. I have taken screen shots of all details and plan to spread this information and take action if necessary to stop their false advertising and guarantee.
More Orbitz Complaints & Reviews
- Orbitz - Horrifying service, dishonesty, scams 
- Orbitz - Orbitz access America insurance scam 
- Orbitz - Credit card charged, no hotel room booked! 
- Orbitz - annoying promo Emails 
- Orbitz - fraudulent travel insurance
- Orbitz - flight from london to pdx
- Orbitz - flight change - orbitz itinerary number:7362683081906
- Orbitz - refused a refund for their mistake
- Orbitz - defected car
- Orbitz - customer service / flight bookings