Orbitz / Did not cancel reservation

1 GA, United States Review updated:

Several years ago, I booked a room several months in advance and had to cancel. I followed their procedure, was within the period required to cancel, and everything, but my credit card was still charged for the room.

I was unable to recoup the loss ($150). In fact, it caused my account to overdraw ($35) since I was unaware the reservation had not been canceled as ordered.

Their customer service was extremely unhelpful.

This has bothered me ever since. I will never recommend their services to anyone.

Ra

Comments

• La
      15th of May, 2008

I think you did not read the rules and restriction of your hotel reservation. The hotel have a certain policy in canceling the reservation. Some hotels will charge the guest for full stay even if the check in is 60days from day you canceled the reservation. Most US hotels will only charge $25 if you cancel the res more that 3 days from day of check in. When you are canceling a hotel reservation online, the websites reads the rules on the hotel. I guess you were charge for that amount because you are within the policy of the hotel. I've learn this info because I traveled a lot and booked several hotel resevations.