Orbitz / Fraud and cheating!

My mother and I booked a vacation package with hotel, tours and transport from and to the hotel in Mexico City. Orbitz charged $90.00 for two people to be picked up at the airport to hotel and vice versa. For $90.00 I expected some privacy, and at least a comfortable ride and dated motor vehicle. Instead, we were packed into a van with three other travelers. The van was a 1999 make. The seats were torn and the seat belts in the back inoperable. The driver was a nice guy, I'm not knocking him, but for $90.00! this is outrageous. What made it worse, was the drive back to the airport. This time, we were picked up in an old Toyota, four seater that was worn. The dash board cloth was split and dirty. The chairs old and worn and we had to put in some of our luggage (we only had four pieces) in the back seat. I took the front seat, like a family member to the driver. My mother in the back. This was totally outrageous. For $90.00 we got a $10.00 ride! I complained to Orbitz, but all they tell me is that they have to contact the vendor to work out the "complaint." I have used Orbitz on many, many occasions, but this is totally unacceptable. I am egging myself to go directly to YouTube and make this into a revolution for accountability. The overcharge is seemingly industry practice. It would have been better to simply trust instinct and take a cab directly from the airport.

Outraged! and OVERCHARGED!

Comments

• La
      15th of May, 2008

Orbitz don't own that shuttle service and i believe the shuttle service vendor are the one posting their info on orbitz.com