Orbit Telecom / Unauthorized billing

Page after page I am reading the same complaint. This is not the first time companies have got away with this type of action. I have seen it before and why does qwest allow it and why isn't somebody doing something about it.

Is there a lawyer out there that want to start a class action lawsuit? I will be happy to get in on it. I am tired of being ripped off like this. I want some action done, by the government, A lawyer or somebody.

Why do we have to keep dealing with these types of companies. I want to scream I am so mad.

Unauthorized third party billing on my phone bill.

Ad

Comments

• He
      18th of Mar, 2009

Unauthorized third party billing on my phone bill.

• Lj
      20th of Mar, 2009

My family was scammed by this company. I discovered the billing fraud and pursued a credit of more than $500.00 which has resulted in not having to pay the local AT&T telephone bill for more than one year as the credit was reduced. Yesterday, I found another ESBI charge on our second line (i.e. modem and FAX) for a service called Email Discounts, LLC for $14.95 plus tax and Federal charges. The company claimed my daughter registered for the service on a particular day last month - but she was away on vacation during that time. I've requested a credit and was told to expect it in 2 billing cycles. I expect to receive it.

That's not going to be the end of this story. I was encouraged to NOT contact the State Attorney General's office as Orbit agreed to return the money they had taken from us. I was also told by EDN, that "it would not be necessary to contact anyone else", and that this charge would be eliminated and I would receive a credit. I now intend to provide the full stack of documentation to the State agency that looks after consumer fraud.

Scams like this are as old as humanity and I don't expect that the lure of stealing from others is going to subside. I am more than curious why AT&T, Sprint, and others, while operating as regulated utilities, are engaged in re-billing scam oriented 3rd party services. As was suggested in a previous post, the scale of this series of scams is nationwide and should be investigated at a higher level. It makes no sense that my "trusted" telephone carrier is a party to known fraud and theft scams. Anyone understand why that's OK, and this has been going on for years unchecked?

LJB

2nd of Apr, 2009

I FOUND OUT THIS MORNING THAT THOSE RIPOFF ### ARE TRYING TO GET ME TO ACCEPT ABILL FROM THEM I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THROUGH THEM FOR A JOB AFTER I SAW HOW MUCH THEY CHARGE.854b4

2nd of Apr, 2009

they think that they can bill anyone without authorization because i didn't give them mine.

2nd of Apr, 2009

WHAT THE HELL ELSE DO YOU WANT.

• Cu
      29th of May, 2009

Orbit Telecom provides its subscribers with a private voice mail service which enables access to voice mails via phone and email. We market the service on the Internet and continuously review our marketing and sign-up procedures and believe that they comply with all applicable laws and industry standard best practices.

We maintain excellent customer service 24 by 7 by 365 and you can reach us via phone at 800-263-0206 or online at http://www.orbittelecom.com/support.cfm. I’m confident we can address any customer service concerns you may have.

Orbit Telecom Customer Service

• Ed
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Orbit Telecom - Stay away
    Orbit Telecom

I just got my telephone bill from AT&T today, and, I noticed that it was about $40.00 higher than usual. I didn’t notice any long distance calls that I didn’t make, and, the ones I did make only added up to a couple of dollars.Upon further investigation of my bill I noticed “new service” charges listed under the name of “Orbit Telecom”and also “Enhanced Billing Service”, each of the charges were for $19.95. I had no idea of what it was for so I called AT&T customer service and they informed me that “Orbit” and “Enhanced Billing”, are independent companies and not affiliated with AT&T. I was advised to call their customer service numbers listed on my bill.

I called “Orbit” and was told by the representative that “I had signed myself up online for their service.” They supposedly provide you with a private email address and voicemail service. I know without a doubt that I didn’t sign up with them. I had never even heard of them until today and never visited their website in the past. Furthermore, I never do any type of business transactions online or give out any personal information, yet this company had my name, home address, email address, and even social security number.The same thing happened with the “Enhanced Billing Services”.

When I told them that I didn’t order their services and absolutely didn’t want to do business with them they reluctantly agreed to remove the charges and told me to disregard the charges on my phone bill.

A web search of these companies resulted in a few links to other scam report sites in which people complained the same thing happening to them.These companies both somehow acquired the personal information of the customers without any knowledge of the people and then applied the extra charges to their telephone bill without any prior consent of the individuals.