Orange Woods / Cheat, unfair trade practice

1 India Review updated:

Around early May 2008, there were overwhelming ads in the city by hoardings, daily newspaper ads and FM radio jingles announcing the launch of Orange Woods with very tall claims. The claims in the ads said 'all Bangaloreans to burn down the furniture and buy from Orange Woods'. This led to an unprecedented response from gullible public who fell into the trap (this of course includes me too) and paid for the furniture which amounted minimum of Rs. 30K and upwards of Rs. 50K, i repeat everyone 'paid full advance money' went home thinking that Orange Woods would keep up its promise of delivery. While its ### end of June 2008, I am shocked like many others in Bangalore city at the adversity of this company and its staff. No words to describe the unprofessionalism and malafide intention. While I am sharing my frustration, I am sure there are others who have undergone traumatic time dealing with Orange Wood. I find many victims here trying hard to come to terms about such a blatant cheating. I know everyones who has dealt with Orange Woods feels utterly let down and helpless. This goes to show that there are crooks always waiting to make a killing by innovating marketing gimmicks.

DONT MAKE THIS MISTAKE, I request public to stay as far as away from ORANGE WOODS any in form.

Rm

Comments

• Ra
      16th of Aug, 2008

Hello all,

I am Ram who already faught with Orange woods and got back the money almost two months back. You could see my response in this thread itself.

I just revisitied this thread just to see whether Orange woods keep their words. But looks like their cheating continues.

I keep seeing their adds on Sofa Set Sales for 13 K and immediate Delivery. When people already waiting for such a long time, why would they annouce such offers.

I suggest who ever booked, please take back the money... i think now a days many branded showroom give similar kind of offers.

regards
    Ram

16th of Aug, 2008

I have been visiting their corporate office for around 3 mths just to get my goods delivered. Yesterday i asked them to give my money back if they couldn't deliver the furniture right away and they told me off and said they would give me neither! I dont want to be abused when i ask for something that is rightfully mine.
    We should take some LEGAL ACTION against them. Do you think that by just refunding your money they will compensate you for all the pains and troubles to get your goods delivered because they have a pathetic delivery system and ignorant customer service? There are so many of us. Im sure someone would have tried to intiate taking some action against them. Please let me know as i'd like to join or let me know how i can start proceedings against them!

20th of Aug, 2008

Hi all,
    whats the use of have huge hoardings all over the city, its so in your face, thereby luring innocent people, making them part with their hard earned money, then not delivering the promised goods on time, so much so its well past the delivery time...and each time when questioned, they come up with the vaguest of excuses...its a classic case of "Naam Bade aur darshan Khote". i am simply disgusted with their attitude. Dont you think we seriously need to come together and teach these culprits a lesson so that they dont mislead others with advertisements and hoardings...and when it comes down to actually fulfilling their tall claims..."Burn down your old furniture"...my foot we need to burn down their factory in Peenya right now, if you ask me...

20th of Aug, 2008

• Ah
      10th of Nov, 2008

if anybody wants theire money come and take back it doesnt mean talk non sense on forum like this.bledy if u have guts call me and take ur settlements not by posting like this.my no is 9880712190

• Co
      23rd of Mar, 2009

Consumer Court is the best options to tackle this issue. Even newspapers who include these ads should take moral responsibility

• Ra
      23rd of Mar, 2009

Consumer forum...

Please feel free to lodge a complaint and avoid others falling to this trap by spreading this news.

• Mo
      19th of Jun, 2009

Hi All,

I have come across this scam from Orange Propertise. Many of my friends have lost their money, its so sad that our hard earned money is going to a fraudster in a easy way. Infact we need to buckle up and take some serious sction as he is cheating the educated society.

Few of my friends who had booked have got cheques (for their advance amount) but the cheques have bounced. They all have gone legal by appointing one advocate as they feel this will make the case stronger in the court. So I suggest you all can plan the same or let me know if any one of you would also like to join them to file the case.

Good luck!
    Mohan

• Th
      26th of Oct, 2009

Who owns Orange Properties . . . !

Who owns Orange Group . . . !

The fact Orange Group in owned by Prestige Group
    that's why they have their office in prestige premises.

You ask any employee of Orange Group
    regarding who owns it you rather get a blank answer
    or these two names Vijay and Raghu the puppets of Prestige Group.

They have just mushroomed into the MD's chair.
    None of the employed even know their sir names.

Prestige Group : Muscle and Political Power.