Orange Model Management / Scam

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I've registered with OMMI and I've been disappointed ever since. I was basically told by one of their agents that they take everyone that tries to register with them. So much for the ego boost I thought I was getting from being called by them. They charge you an expensive opening fee, give you pictures, tell you that they are submitting you for parts, but it is very hard, to know when you ask them, which part they are submitting you for.
When you start wondering why you are not getting any parts, they try to tell you that you are not being selected because you don't have enough experience. Not all media jobs require experience. The thing is that several of their models don't have experience and it seems that it is only a few lucky ones that are working. the rest is there ... to help pay the rent !!!
What saddens me is when they meet you before registering, they give you the impression that you are an addition to their team, you have the looks to do all sorts of projects, they tell you about all the wonderful things their models do, when in fact they know that they will never give you any work.

Jc

Comments

• Jc
      1st of Oct, 2010

• Ju
      22nd of Apr, 2011

The only serious modelling agencies in montreal are:
    Dulcedo Models Management
    Folio Models Management
    Next Models Mangement
    Montage Models Management
    Specs Models Management
    Avoid the other ones, they are not ''real modelling agencies''. They are only there for ''wanne be'' models who wants so much to be a model but just can't because they don't have the physic and are ready to do anything to actually think they are a model. Try to integrate an artist agency instead!

• Cu
      18th of Jun, 2012

I can't believe so many people make their decision off "advice" (some of it ###, some of it rumors!) from some people who know dick-all about what they're talking about! Sure do your research, gather info. But I'm pretty sure the most important thing is what you find out yourself.

I had a meeting with them, and was doing some research when I stumbled upon this thread. And guess what?! I'm still going to join them! I'm going to use my common sense, and my brain to make a decision for myself. They work with legitimate clients, have a track records of jobs.. else all is garbage.

• Is
      4th of Aug, 2012

Hi, I am about to sign with Orange Model Management for Commercial work this coming Monday (August 6th) and after reading the complaints and reviews I am terrified to do so. I'm a mother that currently works part time so I was looking to make some extra money. At the interview I felt great because the Agent definately made it seem like I would get work and had a great look but now I wonder... He said they'd pay for the Portfolio 6 pictures and I would have to pay for the Z card which is $300, please if anyone knows that I shouldn't sign with them, send me an e mail asap. much appreciated. e mail is boba.fett@live.ca