orange home services / charge for non return of equipment

orange home services
i have recieved a letter from a debt collection agency informing me that i owe £149.68 after a heated telephone conversation i was informed it was a charge for non return of the equipment ie the modem.i explained that i had never recieved any request for this equipment only to be told that they did not have too.it was written in the terms and conditions.to which i replied would it not be common courtesy to inform some one of this especially as it is approximately two years ago.does anybody have any experience of this.

A  10th of Mar, 2009 by
Orange treats its customers as cash cows and provides very little in return. My internet service is substandard with a download speed of 156 kBits per second. One can only communicate by phone where the costs are pumped up again. Avoid this company at all costs. They will cost you!
N  11th of Mar, 2009 by
I've received a letter form dlc too for a dispute dating back to 2007 where Orange had written to me and agreed to waive their fees given that I hadn't had a service at the time for 3 months. The debt collection people were incredibly rude and I had to spend 30 minutes on the phone to Orange whilst they checked my file and then agreed that a credit had been made 2 years ago, I owe them nothing and they're sorry!!! Given the substandard service and efficiency I got from them in 2007 I'm worried that they won't have rescinded the debt and I'm going to have more hassle.

Does anyone have an address for Orange? I can't find one anywhere and would like to write and confirm my conversation as unfortunately I chucked out the 2 year old paperwork!!

I'm thinking of billing Orange for my time and when they don't pay me, entering an on-line claim against them which would cost £45!