Orange Broadband / Money taken from bank account without prior notice

1 4 Donkin TerraceGateshead, England, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 01914135202

Over 6 months ago I attempted to change from free internet access to paying monthly for a wireless router. When the equipment failed to arrive I contacted Orange and after a few calls I was able to get it through to someone that the equipment hadn't arrived and we agreed I would have three months free access. When I came to connect the router I found that the service had been discontinued. On contacting Orange I finally found that the reason they gave for this was non payment although Orange confirm that no payments applied for were reversed by my bank. A cancellation fee of £72.87 was also collected from my bank account without any reference to me. Despite several telephone calls and letters over a three month period I still have nor received repayment of this money.

Comments

• Br
      3rd of Oct, 2008

I have had an orange account since the middle of March. I have been charged every month for a Livebox even though the first three they have sent me out were not working correctly. After 6 months of complaining I eventually got some one to take ownership of the problem. During this period due to malfunctioning Liveboxes I have not had my 2nd telephone which was supposed to save me money - one month I ended up with over £50.00 of calls on my landline as I was forced to use this for calls.

Now after only 2 weeks my broadband speed has dropped to just 48kbps (slower than dial up) and Orange tell me they are regrading my line and it is subject to stabilisation (whatever that is). And that I will now have to wait for another 15 days to see what my new speeds will be. Why is this occurring after 6 months?

In the 6 months I have been with Orange I have had Indian telephone operators shouting at me and call me a liar. I have had promises of refunds never appear on my account and return telephone calls never made. This latest problem occurred on the 28th September - they now have until the 28th October to rectify it - if not I will leave as per their terms and conditions of business.

Please Please if anyone is reading this do not change to Orange. I think that a a piece of string with 2 tin cans would be more reliable than this shocking organisation