Orange Broadband / Terrible service

1 France Review updated:

I have complained before about Orange Broadband internet services and though they have now given in writing that they will not charge us for two months as they have already taken the money for two months they have not reimbursed the monies they owe us due to their mistakes. I have phoned and requested and written many times in the last six months and yet we have not a penny put back into our bank account and no apology for all their mistakes. The different parts of the Orange Network do not seem to communicate at all with each other and large mistakes are made and their customer services are bad and poor. Their main aim is to take as much money out of their customers bank account and give back as little as they possible can.

Thank you.

Comments

• Al
      18th of Jun, 2008

I was being disconnected so many times at peak periods that i decided to change to another server
    I was never told that you had to put in a ''Migration Authorozation Code' to cancel your account,
    it wasn't in the terms & conditions i have.
    they charged me £117 for the privilege
    what really annoyed me was they never informed me how much it would be and just took it out of my Mastercard Account.

This is the sort of tricks you can expect from Orange

• Ly
      11th of Aug, 2008

I tried to move from Orange free broadband to actually paying but didn't receive the router. After numerous calls to an Indian call centre (not an enviable situation) I finally managed to speak to someone who could help and following a rather strong phone call they agreed to give me 3 months free internet. However during that free period not only did they charge me but they charged me for disconnection for non payment. This was done during the 3 months free period with no communication - the money was just taken from my bank account. I think that is what they call theft. Numerous telephone calls, letters and emails have still not resulted in repayment. All I can advise anyone reading this is not to touch Orange - go to BT they have been great!

7th of Sep, 2008

I also have had problems with wanadoo now orange.fr. I have been caught by a 419 scammer forging my address as the return path in scam mails. which means I got thousands of non delivery messages "backsplatter". Orange contacted me and told me to change my password and scan my computer which I dutifully did, to no avail. I examined th headers and did some research (I am not a techie) and saw the problem so I nformed hotmail, yahoo, google as they were using these in the letters for a response and got each account blocked - only for them to use another. I tried to explain to orange but they seemed very dense for an abuse team and threatend to close my account, I am the victim! I have sent them links to various websites that explain it all. They do not even have the decency to reply not even an automated response, where as the so called free mail providers reply and act promptly. I do not know what I pay for! they are rubish but if you change it takes time to be reconnected and you lose your mail address - qulle vie!

• Br
      3rd of Oct, 2008

I have had an orange account since the middle of March. I have been charged every month for a Livebox even though the first three they have sent me out were not working correctly. After 6 months of complaining I eventually got some one to take ownership of the problem. During this period due to malfunctioning Liveboxes I have not had my 2nd telephone which was supposed to save me money - one month I ended up with over £50.00 of calls on my landline as I was forced to use this for calls.

Now after only 2 weeks my broadband speed has dropped to just 48kbps (slower than dial up) and Orange tell me they are regrading my line and it is subject to stabilisation (whatever that is). And that I will now have to wait for another 15 days to see what my new speeds will be. Why is this occurring after 6 months?

In the 6 months I have been with Orange I have had Indian telephone operators shouting at me and call me a liar. I have had promises of refunds never appear on my account and return telephone calls never made. This latest problem occurred on the 28th September - they now have until the 28th October to rectify it - if not I will leave as per their terms and conditions of business.

Please Please if anyone is reading this do not change to Orange. I think that a a piece of string with 2 tin cans would be more reliable than this shocking organisation