optus wireless broadband / poor reseption

john kennedy
96 blackstone rd silkstone QLD
Phone: 07..38127056
I bought a wireless prepaid broadband device which i was assured would have good reseption as i am within 1klm of the nearest tower, well thats a load of crap as i am lucky to have 3 mins service before i have to re connect again, This goes on no matter what time, day or night. I have rang optus several and get some person who can hardly speak english and they say they cant do anything about this problem. Its a fault with the tower. what do I do ? just reconect every 3 mins ?
the socalled service has dropped out 3 times while i have been typeng this complaint.

A  20th of Jul, 2009 by
I live in Vic. I signed a 2 yr contract with Spin ISP @ $34.95 per mth for 2gb per month (wireless broadband). Initially it dropped out occasionally but i was reassured the tower had a fault and technicians were currently working on it. With this reassurance i upgraded my plan to 5gb @ $54.95 per month. When service deteriorated to almost useless i opted to downgrade my plan back to the original 2gb only to be told that it would cost me $150 to do so. When i complained i was told that they did not have to provide service 100% of the time.When i upgraded the plan there was no mention of a downgrading fee. Their whole attitude has been one of could'nt care less.Service is absolutely shockng.There is no such thing of giving someone a fair go with this company. Their attitude and service stinks and i tell you that i would'nt recommend their company to ayone.
N  7th of Oct, 2009 by
I've got Optus wireless broadband and it is pathetic! Avoid it like the plague! It has disconnected twice in the time it has taken me to type this post. When I complained to them they said all I could do was to change it to the 2g network. Great! Dial-up speeds. Useless company. I have an iphone with them and get the same result with phone internet. Make that 3 times for the disconnection!!! Grrrrrrrrrr
N  7th of Oct, 2009 by
and then another 3 disconnections setting up my registration here!