Option One Mortgage / Stay away

I have a mortgage with Option One. We couldn't make the payments, put the house up for sell. Had a contract that would pay the principal + a little extra. We put 81, 000 down, which we are loosing, but better than foreclosure. Option One won't return phone calls, won't negotiate, they would rather it go to foreclosure. The most rude, uncooperative company I have ever dealt with. Now I am loosing the sale. I guess I would have been better off to strip the house, and let it rot like everyone else in Florida is doing. They didn't mind calling the last day of every month when payments were being made though.

Va

Comments

• Re
      8th of Jul, 2008

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.

• Ji
      5th of Aug, 2008

PEOPLE IN DEFAULT OR NEAR DEFAULT, DON'T MAKE YOUR MORTGAGE PAYMENT. YOU CAN SAVE UP TO 6-12 MONTHS OF PAYMENTS BEFORE YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO MOVE OUT OF YOUR HOME. RENT A NICE HOUSE FOR 50% OF YOUR PREVIOUS PAYMENT. WHATS THE DIFFERENCE, YOUR CREDIT IS GOING TO BE DAMAGED ANYWAY. MIGHT AS WELL WALK AWAY WITH A LITTLE MONEY.

30th of Mar, 2009

When we got behind with our mortgage payments because my husband got laid off, i called option one and tried to speak to someone who was able to help and when I explained our situation all i got for the person on the phone "well you still need to make your payments" I couldn't believe they were not willing to help or offer some kind of salition, we ended up selling our house before it got foreclosed on. No thanks to option one mortgate and there staff who was rude and disresctfull.