Optimum Health Laboratories Food intolerance test / Undelivered services

419 South Federal Highway Dania Beach, Florida 33004 USADania Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
2.5
Phone: (954) 926-8020

My mother ordered a food intolerance test from Optimum Health Labs which used to but is no longer affiliated with York nutritional laboratories in England. She ordered the test in November 07, the money was taken, nothing in return. After e-mails and phone messages she got the test kit but never received the results. Lots more e-mails and phone messages, no results. The funny thing is that John Kernohan the director of OHL also runs Broward Christian Homeschoolers, Inc. Kind of ironic, isn't it. A good righteous person who will take your money and not deliver.
At any rate I filed a complaint for my mom with the BBB of Florida and the Attorney General. The Attorney General's response was pretty much that this has to be a pattern. So if enough people would file a complaint with the Attorney General, then they might do something about it. I encourage anyone who cares about their money to do so. I also filed complaints with all the offices listed in the attorney general's letter (see below) but they are still in business, unbelievably. Here is a link where you can find many other peoples experience with them:

"Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum has received your email regarding your concerns with Optimum Health Resource Laboratories, Inc. Attorney General McCollum asked that I respond. Our office uses complaints such as yours to develop information about patterns of questionable business activities. If we discover a pattern, what originated as a private dispute between buyer and seller may become a matter of broad public interest and thus warrant the Attorney General's intervention under the state's consumer protection laws. We will keep your correspondence for future reference. Please note that our office does not mediate individual consumer complaints. I am forwarding your correspondence to the Attorney General's Economic Crime section for review. What action, if any, this office may take is unknown at this time. To file a complaint at the state level, please contact the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Consumer Services (DACS). DACS is the clearinghouse for consumer complaints and has a voluntary mediation program to assist individual consumers. You may contact DACS at: Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Division of Consumer Services 2005 Apalachee Parkway Tallahassee, Florida 32399 Telephone: [protected] Toll-free within FL: [protected] Website: http://www.800helpfla.com/ In addition, you may contact the following consumer agencies as you seek to resolve your individual complaint: Federal Trade Commission Toll-free: [protected] Internet: http://www.ftc.gov Better Business Bureau of Southeast Florida (serving Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach areas) Phone: [protected] Internet: http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org Broward County Consumer Protection Office Phone: [protected] Internet: http://www.broward.org/consumer/ Otherwise, please consult a private attorney for any legal guidance you may need. An attorney can give you the legal advice which our office is precluded by law from giving to private individuals. The Florida Bar offers a Lawyer Referral Service which you may contact toll-free at [protected]. I hope this proves helpful. Thank you for contacting Attorney General McCollum's Office. Sincerely, Samantha Santana Office of Citizen Services"
Mo

Comments

Ti
  29th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I too am having problems with this company. Seems they can't locate my specimen and it has been over 2 weeks so I am cancelling instead of waiting.
Please file a report at [redacted]s.com also to let people know about this company.
Mu
  26th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I placed an order with Optimum Health Resource Laboratories this year for their at home celiac test kit. My experience was nothing like what this person reported. I received an email confirming my order the day I placed it, then I got another email a few days later with the tracking number of my order. I got my kit in the mail and was able to perform the test the very same day. I emailed a question about the results and received a response back the next day. I then called and spoke with a young lady about some more questions I had. About 2 weeks later I decided to place an order for their 96 food allergy test. Like my first order, I got an email confirming my order and another email providing a tracking number. I got my results in about 3 weeks after I mailed my specimen back to them. I called with some questions about my results, which were answered by a very knowledgeable person. Based on my experience I had the rest of my family tested. I highly recommend this company to others.
Mu
  26th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
FYI everyone... I looked at the [redacted]s.com that Tia1961 recommended and found there is a response directly from Optimum Health Resource Laboratories. According to them, Tia1961's specimen was not lost, but rather the required paperwork and signed authorization form was not return with the specimen. According to them, they worked with this person and provided her results once she sent on the required signed paperwork. Anyhow, I'm not taking any sides but rather just sharing more information. Based on my experience with this company, and as per my previous post, I still recommend Optimum Health Resource Laboratories.
Jm
  5th of Jan, 2010
I also have had trouble with this company. Once you order the test kit and pay through Google Checkout (they plan that so the charges can't be disputed) that is all you hear from them. It is like they fell off the planet. The BBB gives this company an "F". I did get the kit (that's how they claim the transaction was completed) but no test results, nor do I ever expect them. I had the real test run through a reputable lab and got the results within a week. Three months now, and no word from Optimum Health Labs. Really sad.
Lm
  8th of Apr, 2010
I too have been ripped off by this company. Ordered and received the test kit and sent in my blood sample and haven't heard anything since. I've called and emailed numerous times and no one ever responds to any of my messages.
Or
  10th of Oct, 2012
I sent my specimen to them 6 wks ago, the guy called me and emailed me that it will take 2-4 wks, but now already 6 wks, try to call them back, never heard anything