Optimum / customer service
1) I was told on the telephone when signing up for their "triple play" that I would not need to purchase any additional equipment. When the technicians arrived I was informed that my wireless router, which we discussed on the phone and was assured was compatible, was not compatible and would need to purchase an Optimum router for $100. Calls to Customer Service Department were a waste of time.
2) Optimum forgot to contact my telephone provider to tell them I was switching to Optimum and to discontinue service and dispatch my land line phone number to them. I now have to take another half day off from work next week so the Optimum techs can come out again to install the digital telephone, which they had assured me they would do today.
3) Following installation of digital internet (which they managed to accomplish), high-def, digital TV no longer works. Optimum refused to send the techs back out to fix the problem - told me I had to wait a week and half to fix the TV when they come out to fix the telephone.
I repeatedly asked to speak to a supervisor and was repeatedly denied. This is the worst customer service from any business I have ever experienced - so much wasted time and rude reps.
More Optimum Complaints & Reviews
- Cablevision - fees 
- Cablevision / Optimum - retention department 
- Cablevision - fraud and scam 
- Cablevision - bad billing system 
- Cablevision - cablevision unfair to disabled senior citizens 
- Optimum - optimum attice
- Optimum - evening customer service reps
- Optimum - internet and wifi
- Optimum - new service
- Optimum.com - optimum cable dependability