Optimum / customer service

1) I was told on the telephone when signing up for their "triple play" that I would not need to purchase any additional equipment. When the technicians arrived I was informed that my wireless router, which we discussed on the phone and was assured was compatible, was not compatible and would need to purchase an Optimum router for $100. Calls to Customer Service Department were a waste of time.

2) Optimum forgot to contact my telephone provider to tell them I was switching to Optimum and to discontinue service and dispatch my land line phone number to them. I now have to take another half day off from work next week so the Optimum techs can come out again to install the digital telephone, which they had assured me they would do today.

3) Following installation of digital internet (which they managed to accomplish), high-def, digital TV no longer works. Optimum refused to send the techs back out to fix the problem - told me I had to wait a week and half to fix the TV when they come out to fix the telephone.

I repeatedly asked to speak to a supervisor and was repeatedly denied. This is the worst customer service from any business I have ever experienced - so much wasted time and rude reps.

Comments

• Ca
      26th of Jul, 2017

I call optimum for service, after I lost internet and tv service was on and off after storm, back in June, 2017. the technician show up 2 days later, to the wrong address and optimum charged me for it, I call in asking for the technician and they replay with, I have lost their time and I was getting charged for it, they review and saw I have service agreement so they waive the service charge and try to reschedule, second service call could fix the problem, so ask to reschedule, I declined, because I was call in military orders, I ask to cancel my service, I did return all equipment to their office and I have a received for it, leave the country and returned 6 weeks later, my house is under renovation and is no electricity, I got and email from optimum charging me $874 for service. call in and ask why the charge if I don't even have a TV, cable going in to the house or any of their equipment, 3, 20 year old, supervisors trying to tell me that I still have service, and I will be continue be charged again . so how can I cancel a service I don't get, to a house I don't leave, to a cable box I don't have ?? and who can disconnect this service / customer service was notified, technical support was notified, and billing department too. .. what a great way to tread our vets, and Service members, I wonder if this is a common practice for optimum, I like to think, yes. now I have a collection on me for something I CANT EVEN CANCEL, , , , ..!! HELP ANYONE ??