Oprah Magazine / Subscription renewel deception

United States Review updated:
4.8
I got a letter in the mail from the "Hearst Corporation Invoicing Bureau" that says "PAYMENT DUE" and "INVOICE." The body of the text says:

=====
When you entered into an agreement to be billed later, we believed you would send your renewal payment upon receipt of your invoice. Now as your subscription is coming to an end, we still have not received your payment.

You can resolve this matter quickly and easily by returning the subscription invoice with your payment in the enclosed envelope.

Your prompt payment will allow us to continue your subscription which we're sure will provide you with the utmost of reading enjoyment.
=====

This is a very deceptive attempt at getting me to renew my subscription. I didn't agree to bill my original subscription later, I bought it through amazon.com. Hearst Corp has sent several deceptive renewal notices, but this one is the worst yet.
Bo

Comments

Sc
  9th of Oct, 2008
Being sent invoice when I do not owe them money.
Ni
  10th of Nov, 2008
I agree. This happened to me to. There is no telephone number to call to cancel the subscription and the online web page that is on the invoice does not work.
Dr
  20th of Nov, 2008
although after two days of trying I found this way to cancel

I mistakenly did not click that I didn't want the magazine subscription when I entered an Oprah contest online.

Took me 3 days until it showed up in their accounts. Try it, should work for you.
An
  20th of May, 2009
I also received such an invoice and was never a subscriber! And when i look for a phone number on the invoice to call to resolve the matter, I find no phone number!!!
Ke
  9th of Jan, 2010
i paid for perscription, only got one issue of Oprah magazine
Gl
  27th of Jan, 2010
January 27, 2010,
I received this same fraudulent letter from the Heart Corporations for Oprah Magazine. I had my check from last year showing that I paid it in full. I never renewed my subscription because I had lost my job and couldn't afford the magazine any longer.
I found the TOLL FREE phone number for Customer Service...1-888-446-4438. When you dial this number, don't answer any automated questions, don't punch in your account number, don't punch in anything on your key pad. You will be directed to Customer Service by way of automation. When Customer Service answered. I asked to immediatly speak to a Supervisor. I was granted that request right away. John; the Supervisor came on the line (His extension is 5035) and I told him I received a fraudulent letter stating that I owed them for this next years subscription. I told him I purposely didn't re-order due to lack of financies plus and that I paid in full for only 1 year by way of a personal check that I had in my hand for proof.
John was very kind and said "I am typing in your account right now and informing the billing dept. that you are not to be billed any further and that you never requested automatic billing at the end of your yearly subscription. He said a confirmation letter would be arriving at my home stating that the subscription has been cancelled and that I owe nothing.
If you have this same problem of a fraudulent letter arriving in your mai, please call the toll free number listed above and the extension number and tell them the same thing so they can delete the automatic billing process.
Best of luck, Gloria
Rg
  31st of Jan, 2010
I canceled the subscription and I am still getting bills.
Ru

Deerfield Beach
Florida
Phone: 954 574 0654
RACHUMA84@VERIZON.NET

I have not been reciving my magazine. I spoke to a young lady last month, she told me to call if I did not receive my magazine the 1st week in February.
Go
  10th of Mar, 2010

Oprah Magazine - sample magazine not rec'd,but bill rec'd
The Oprah Magazine
1141 Berlin Rd
Marshall
Wisconsin
Phone: 608-655-3454

Ordered Magazine in January, to get a sample, then decide if I liked it...got bill...NO MAGAZINE yet...March 10, on bill it says offer ends March 11 !!! What gives ? Shirley Martin, ggg.sjmartin@charter.net (also...there is no phone # anywhere to reach them !
Kr
  15th of Mar, 2010

Oprah Magazine - non approved charge to account
suscription merchants
California
Phone: 1800-883-2062

order details were first 16 issues were free and then would get a notice to cancele, but did not get notice and was charged $ 36.00
Pa
  7th of Jan, 2011
I paid for my OPRAH MAGAZINE SENT A CHECK AND IT WAS CASHED BY DEC 13. SO I KNOW THE CHECK WAS RECEIVED. WAS SUPPOSE TO GET OPRAH TOTE AND MAGAZINE AND SO FAR NO LUCK.. PLEASE CHECK . I REALLY WANTED THE TOTE AND THE SUBSCRIPTION . THOUGHT I WOULD GET MY DEC. ISSUE NOW I AM WAITING FOR JAN.
Pa
  7th of Jan, 2011
Did not receive my subscription to OPRAH and my tote bag gift. Paid by check and bank shows it was cashed on dec. 13, 2010
Lu
  18th of May, 2011
My complaint is that I did not receive my April issue until 17 May 11 and I have not received my May issue as of today 18 May 11. I would appreciate the magazines on time at least within the same month. I did not have the information on being on her show therefore I was late entering the information to be a contestant hoping to win a ticket. Thank you for making the wrongs right.
Sa
  3rd of Nov, 2011
I have received the same threatening and billing statements for the Oprah magazine through Hearst corporation. She should be ashamed to be using a company that uses tactics like that. For that reason alone I will never buy another magazine. I don't believe that you should have to call anyone, just ignore the false statements and post!
Vi
  16th of Feb, 2012

Oprah Magazine - Non-receipt of magazine

I renewed my subscription to Oprah Magazine last year and have not received the December, January or February issues. I live in Switzerland and the magazine was delivered without fail before my renewal. I cannot find an email address for Hearst subscriptions in order to contact them.