Open Road Acura of East Brunswick / LoJack fraud

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

I leased an Acura TL three years ago and was talked into buying a LoJoack detection package for a ridiculous amount of money that was tacked on to my monthly lease price. I was told that the expense was worth it because I would have it forever, no matter what car I owned in the future. Now that I'm ready to lease another car, I find out that the LoJack stays with the car it was installed in FOREVER. I am no dummy, with two postgraduate degrees from Columbia University, and I did not find it necessary to read the fine print back then. Now I know better than to believe ANYTHING I am told at Open Road Acura of East Brunswick!

Cl

Comments

• Cl
      9th of Aug, 2008

I too was talked into Lojack when I bought my new car fpr $2000! I didn't realize that my car came equipped with the same basic system. Almost 2 years later, I accidently drove without the key pad and a few days later realized no one contacted me to say my car was stolen. I drove a whole day without them calling. I called in to report the problem and after 10 phone calls and doing every stupid thing they asked me to do they are finally going to send a tech. to check it out. My question is-how do I know it ever worked???? If you do purchase a lojack make sure you check it out by driving without the keypad and see if you get a call. I also found out if you didn't purchase the warrenty (which did come with my initial purchase) you are screwed! What do you guys think? Is this a huge scam?