Open Communications, Inc. aka NetStore USA / Open Communications is a big JOKE!

I urgently needed some Haiti Maps and I came across this company online stating that they had the maps available that I needed and could process and ship the order within 2-7 business days. I placed my order of dozens of international maps on Nov. 17, 2006. After waiting 10 days with great anticipation, I finally found contact information which I have used numerous of times and have not received one response from this company. Did I mention that I requested faster shipping for an additional charge?! Today is Feb. 2, 2007 and I still have not received any of my order nor have I received any responses from the fax number that doesn't work nor the email address they provide to contact them. Also, at the time that my order was placed all of the maps were available, confirmed and ready to be shipped then weeks later after I hadn't received my order I entered that tracking number and the status codes had changed from a "W" to a "Z". I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. I almost forgot, I was charged days later for the entire order which was non-refundable.

Comments

Pa
  7th of Mar, 2007
OpenCommunications, Inc. - Took my money, received no book
United Kingdom

Order book from netstoreusa.com website 4th feb 2007, money was taken from account next day, have not received book, have sent numerous emails all have been ignored,Company name is opencommunications inc, Email address are www.netstoreusa.com, www.opengroup.com, open.media@pobox.com and WS.opengroup@pobox.com.

Br
  28th of Mar, 2007

Open Communications, Inc. aka NetStore USA

I think this company is a big scam and would advise anyone against using them. They state they do not charge your credit card until they ship your order - this is all lies. The next day an email arrives saying they are unable to locate the item and sure enough the next bill has in our case $229 on it and they have never responded to our emails, faxes or messages.

We should have gone to the bank immediately as you only have 30 days in which the bank will credit the money back - by the time we realized this it was too late. Be warned!

Gr
  18th of Apr, 2007
Open Communications, Inc. aka NetStore USA - This company is a scam - CC charged, no order sent!

I ordered a book on jan 31, 2007 from this company. They charged my card but i have never received my book. As already noted by another customer, this company never responds to complaints by email/phone/fax. All lines are dead. This company is a scam. Do not buy from them; you will loose your money.

De
  19th of Jun, 2007

I bought a book through Open Media or NetStoreUSA or World Retail Store or whatever they are called in March of 2007... It is now nearly July and I have not received my book. I tried emailing several emails I found online numerous times - NOT ONE RESPONSE!!! They are a complete FRAUD!!! I think they operate out of Rushcutters Bay in Australia - even though they claim to be an Arizona company - WATCH OUT!!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!

Emails tried:

www.opengroup.com
www.netstoreusa.com

Su
  11th of Jan, 2008

Ordered a textbook on 12/17/07 at NetStoreUSA, and Open Media Pty Ltd. (Rushcutters Bay, Australia)charged my credit card for 92.19. This included the Australian exchange rate. No book was ever received.

Ge
  13th of Jan, 2008

I ordered a book on 11/07/07 that they advertised at $30 under the price on amazon, it has not arrived as of 1/13/08, they said they needed 6 weeks to make delivery, probably so the time for recourse would expire, I was suspicious but went for it to save $30, they charged me $88.

Gi
  19th of Jan, 2008

I was also defrauded by Mr. Simon Verdon. I reported him to the Australian authorities (ACCC) who directed me here: http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au.

While not getting our money back, I hope we can get Mr. Verdon fined/jailed or both.

Th
  28th of Jan, 2008

I purchased sheet music and DVDs back on Jan 3 2008. I still have not received nor have they answered my emails or phone calls. They also have already charged my credit card.

What can be done to get these guys off the Web and also get our money back?????

Jo
  12th of Feb, 2008

Ordered 12/29/2007, credit card cahrged and cleared 1/2/2008, no book received, no response to inquiries

El
  22nd of Mar, 2008

Same story - I ordered out of print books (so relieved to have found a supplier!), they debited my card, and never replied to emails or sent the books. Such a shame these people are still "trading".

Ra
  9th of Apr, 2008
Open Communications Inc. - Never received book!
Open Communications Inc.
Phoenix
Phone: 800-329-6736
www.opengroup.com

I ordered a book "Walter Breens Encyclopedia of Coins" on March 11, 2008. I was charged $121.20 and never received my book. They gave me order confirmation # 370570 which I have checked on their website and always get the same information that 'It will be shipped in 15 business days. This company seems to be a scam and needs to be busted.

13th of Apr, 2008

Same story. Unfortanetly I didn't realize this complaint site existed until I already ordered. I am fortanetly within the 30 days limit and I might get my $$ back. I guess we'll see. The e-mail doesn't work, of course the fax doesn't either. I should have known when there was nocontact number that it seemed fishy. I wish there was something we could do... scammers!

Sa
  14th of Apr, 2008

Not only did they bill my credit card for books I ordered 9 months ago but never received, they've now charged my card again for an order I never placed. Apparently folks are getting wise to this scamming company, so they're now having to resort to billing former "customers." Same story as all the others: e-mails, phone, fax...all ignored. This company doesn't just practice bait and switch, they're outright thieves.
STAY AWAY FROM:
OPEN MEDIA
OPEN COMMUNICATIONS
WORLD RETAIL STORE
NetStore USA
or any other aliases these petty criminals employ!

Jo
  13th of Jun, 2008

This company NetStore is bull ###

25th of Jun, 2008

They ARE a big hoax. I ordered makeup which my credit card was immediately charged for. I have not heard from their customer service after dozens of e-mails. Funny, they do not have a phone number, only a fax.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS FAKE COMPANY!!! YOU'LL NEVER SEE YOUR MONEY AGAIN!

Ri
  1st of Jul, 2008

Also ordered a book in FEB 08, took my payment and still waiting for the book, then a few weeks ago the same payment was taken from my bank account again. So I have now paid for the book that I have not received twice.

They don't answer emails or phone calls. Terrible service.

7th of Jul, 2008

Have just been defrauded of over £70 nsterling through this 'comapany', wasn't expecting a fraud on such an elusive arthouse book, it was pretty obscure.
Ordered book, 3 mails of increasing anxiety after card was debited...no response.
Have seen the double listing of Fax numbers now and no phone numbers.

How can it be this person cannot be tracked via internet protocols and providers?, he's running a pretty established scam here.

This has obvoiusly been defrauding people for years...how?...if this organisation was involved in or funding fundamentalist terrorism they could be found in within minutes.

Be warned...avoid like the plague.

(if only this board came up before their site on a search!)

Pa
  10th of Jul, 2008

I ordered an out of print Bible from these theives, they charged my card and never sent it. "Thou shalt not steal!" The lake of fire is the eternal home for all liars which is what this person or persons are, liars!!! Jesus died for sinners so repent today and give these people back their hard earned money.

Na
  12th of Mar, 2009

I thought it was too good to be true when I found a discontinued perfume I have been scouring the net for on this site at a very good price, was just about to order 3 bottles but thank goodness my husband is absolutely anal about us only using 'secure' sites for shopping and for once I remembered. I clicked the security certificate and guess what? Yep, It's invalid. Sorry for all the people who have lost money to these sharks, i didn't but I think the more posts this place gets the better to keep it high in search engines for others who have been scammed. Maybe if enough people email internet authorities something will be done to close that site down.

Kb
  7th of Apr, 2009

I ordered a discontinued perfume that I was so excited to have found from them. They replied by saying they currently did not have it in and that in a month they would send it or give me a refund. After many emails and no
responses it's now been four months! No refund! No perfume! They need to be shut down!!