Oofay.com / Not able to deliver what they promised!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

This company deals in Online virtual money for the major MMORPG's. They promise to deliver virtual gold, credits (game money) in exchange for real money. This promise is for a turnaround of 24 hours. They also boast of having over 10,000 clients and are powersellers with Ebay and are a "valuable client" of paypal. However, what they fail to do is either deliver the money, or provide warning that the your monies could be sitting in their accounts for over 10 days +.

There is no recourse with companies like this, as in actuality the game companies frown upon the exchange of virtual cash.
However Ebay and Paypal openly allow this exchange as it fuels revenue for them. For customers who are let down, paypal cannot protect you as the service/product is virtual. So in effect the company can actually take your real money and never deliver at all.

Be warned www.oofay.com is one of those companies, and what it amounts to is not virtual but very real theft.

Comments

28th of Jan, 2008

i do not think so , i am a usual customer from oofay .com .
    they always deliver my gold very soon ,love them all the time .
    i think you just misunderstand oofay.com . you can try again .

• Pa
      28th of Jan, 2008

really ? i am a new customer to oofay , they have very good service , also i have powerleveling there ,i think i will do more business with them .
    are u their competetor ?

28th of Jan, 2008

Thank you for posting this comment, I too have been victim to this company, but actually i received no money at all.

I am taking this matter further and have sought advice as to the legal position of ebay and paypal in providing crooks like these the platform to rip off customers.

• El
      28th of Jan, 2008

Too many people get taken in by these often foreign companies promising services they can never fulfil upon.

Its good to see someone taking a stand.

I suggest you also go to this link:

We should all stand against these companies and treat them as the criminals they quite obviously are.

• Ti
      28th of Jan, 2008

I had really high hopes for this company. At first, they delivered a couple hundred gold and i was really excited. but after a few days, about a third of it still didnt show up via email or face to face. So i Emailed them asking for some communication on what was going on. and then Emailed again..after about three emails with no replies, i called. And after 20 phone calls, some woman picks up the phone and tells me that they had already sent the gold, so i should definately check my mail box more closely!
    24 hours go by..and still no gold sitting in my mail box and nobody calling to let me know what the deal was.

long story short, i got ripped off by almost 700 gold. They are now not returning any of my emails or phone calls and have sworn up and down that they have already sent it. Please, if you are looking into buying money from them...do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. Otherwise youre gunna be practically giving away free money to them.

• Gr
      29th of Jan, 2008

I've had a similar experience to Tiana. I was emailing all the time, getting responses back saying that i'd had my gold, but i had'nt.

Eventually i just got tired and gave up. I had no option as paypal and ebay were not helping.

Dont fall into the trap of having these guys take your real money in the hope of virtual money. You just wont get it.

• Fr
      29th of Jan, 2008

True, i bought 1k gold. Never had it they didn't respond live chat or msn. 2 Weeks later they i add them on other msn and asked where my gold was they said '' we already emailed u the gold '' they are ###ing noobs and i advise u www.gold4power.com never dispointed

30th of Jan, 2008

they are thieves, i bought 10000 gold and i'm waitin for them since 2 week ......###ing companie

• Do
      31st of Jan, 2008

Yo Chaf,

I've been waiting the same amount of time as you i think for less money, 2000g.

These chinese gold thieves cant make good on what they offer, and if your lucky you just get excuse after excuse or if not, as now in my case - silence.

Something should be done.

31st of Jan, 2008

Well im the latest in what seems a lomg line of people being ripped off, with no possible recourse to this company. Our laws are powerless to stop them. It's time the people stood up to these theif's. I for one am not going to take it lying down and will do what i know best to web sites the piss me off. If i can stop their trading for periods of time then im saving people their hard earned cash.

• Gl
      1st of Feb, 2008

I suggest we all begin to re-double our efforts.

This post is just a few short days long and is already growing with people being ripped off.

If we look at the money we've lost and calculate the losses of others, we will have a stronger position.

I have posted my complaint to the originator of this thread and i suggest we petition ebay and paypal also.

I am from the United States and will be seeking legal recource of ebay and paypal who allow profiteering to occur from its western customers in support of this chinese (possibly mafia run) business.

I am also writing to news groups in the hope that they will broadcast on Television a warning.

10 million WoW customers, is incredible as a market for these thieves, but think of all the other MMO games they are targetting.

• Al
      1st of Feb, 2008

Agree, I ordered some gold from them for some days ago and haven't recived it yet.
    So i recommend you not to order gold from this website.

• Br
      1st of Feb, 2008

10,000,000 players on just one game.

Countless hundreds of thousands more for other MMO's will be getting ripped off.

I say take these Chinese Gold farmers to the cleaners!

• Du
      1st of Feb, 2008

I've used a few of these virtual gold companies in the past, not received a bad service, sometimes late tbh. i tried these guys out to see what they were like, as prices seemed okay.

Anyway, they stole my money and never got back to me. wtf? How can they get away with this?

Does anyone know how i can get my $40 back?

• Da
      1st of Feb, 2008

Exactly the same as the post above just ripped me off i have sent countless threatening emails without a response

• Pa
      1st of Feb, 2008

Unfortantly found this post a couple of days to late , bought gold from them and recieved nothing!! managed to get on live support a few times with same old messages "sry we are a bit short at the min still farming it you will get it soon"
    now nothing no replys to emails at all or live support
    This really should not be allowed,it just plain theft

• Ca
      3rd of Feb, 2008

So far so good, little slow and akward, but they have sent me 400 out of 1500 in 1 day and keep in contact with me. If you threaten and keep on them they seem to come through. I told them to deliver some now or refund me and if not i would file charges however possible, and contact all their money people along with many others.

• Nj

Scott,

As the originator of this post i'm finding these mails very interesting.

I have sent a link to www.oofay.com informing them of their unhappy customers and as to how suprised i was, that so many have found this one website, in such a short time - to use it it to complain.

www.oofay.com responded by stating:

"We have 10,000 clients, if you are unhappy we'll give you a 60% discount the next time you trade"

I'm a bit worried by this promise, as I actually got ripped off by them, so what exactly is 60% off of losing all your money?

• Ha
      5th of Feb, 2008

i got 1500 gold from oofay like 2 weeks ago still nothing they are a rip off i would love too nail them for it too don't buy off these dudes frist 2 times was good more gold more money they do not delever....evertime i talk too them after waiting like 2 days to get ahold of them they say they have it that night ???????? bs they are fraud company stay clear .....

• As
      5th of Feb, 2008

I just had a convo on the phone with the lady that answers every time. Right now and the past day, live chat just lets me send a msg, no actual live chat. They wont log onto msn. She told me its a holiday and its going to be a little longer but not to worry... i smell bs.