ontoDVDQuality & Service

I sent VHS tapes to be copied onto DVD. The results were pretty awful. I know that the quality of the VHS tapes was not good, but I didn't expect further deterioration in quality. Annoyed, I called OntoDVD to request a refund. The person I spoke too, Callum, refused and virtually accused me of wanting free DVDs, or of copying them and sending the originals back for a refund. Despite being outraged at this accusation, I reluctantly agreed to return the DVDs on the understanding that they would refund or replace them with better quality versions (if they accepted that they were not good quality) and, in any event that they would refund the postage for returning them (another £8.50). After I returned the DVDs, they allegedly recopied the tapes and sent better DVDs. The improvement was negligible! Now fed up with the fiasco, I had the tapes copied elsewhere to make sure that better quality copies were in fact possible. The versions I now have from the alternative supplier are fine. I have had no refund at all from OntoDVD, not even the additional postage cost that I was promised regardless of the outcome of my complaint. They no longer even reply to my e-mails. I would certainly not recommend this service.

Ri