ontoDVD — Do not use Ontodvd
I would strongly advise anyone to avoid using ontodvd. In summary:
• It took 10 months to do the work I paid for them to do and in the end all I got back was by original tapes and an external drive (which I provided) with nothing on it. I paid £350 to ontodvd to receive nothing at all by way of tape conversion and now staff there are not interested in responding to any contact from me.
• I consider myself fortunate to get my original tapes back because on 4 occasions they claimed to have dispatched my tapes back to me via courier but nothing turned up. Ontodvd claimed that there were courier problems with post code etc, etc. I constantly had to telephone to find out what was happening only to listen to excuses from various people who had no interest in customer care.
• Ontodvd will respond promptly and politely to your queries until you have paid. After that they will ignore your contacts and attempts to find out what is going on with your order.
• Although the website offers competitive prices take care because they only tell you what the job cost is after they have converted the tapes and basically they can charge you what they like because they have possession of your tapes and you wont get them back until you have paid. Even then you may be lucky to see your tapes again, judging by my experience of ontodvd.
• I cannot comment on the quality of their conversion work because ontodvd took my money and sent me back (eventually) a drive with nothing on it.
• I would strongly recommend that you use another service and on no account send anything precious tape wise to this organisation.