OnTime Digital / False and Misleading Advertising

Do your homework when ordering anything online and the best price dose not always tell the story.
Dec 1, 2008: I searched for a Digital Camera as a gift, Fuji S1000fd, I found that OTD had the best the price offered and beat all competition by at least $70.00 so I submitted my order.
Dec 2, 3, 4 2008: After many attempts to contact, via phone, and on hold for 20+ mins, getting transfered, then hung up on I emailed customer service, which was a joke, about just wanting to inquire about my purchase. I had been logging onto their site going to My Account and seeing atht the caption kept stating NEW ORDER, I checked my CC Statement 2-3 times per day online and had never been billed and I thought that they were so slammed that it may take 72 hrs before I had confirmation.
Dec 4, 2008 evening, recv'd an email from them asking me to confirm my order, which I thought they did this to help prevent fraud or unauthorized use mf my Credit Card(CC), wrong it was to UPSALE me, Bait and Switch, the rep, started out by thanking me and that they would complete the transaction. The rep went into saying "you did not purchase any batteries, which is odd all camera's will come with batteries, then wanted to sell me a warranty and mem card. Then is were I knew I was getting scammed, All Camera's come with a Limited Warranty, and a Memory Card if it is a digital. I said no to all even after he dropped the price of the for the package, and the tome of his voice changed to very unexcited about my purchase
Dec 5, 2008 I logged onto MY ACCOUNT at OnTime Digital and it now states ITEM ON BACKORDER, if I wish to cancel click on the Backorder Item, well after reading all blogs here and on the web, my fingers could not go fast enough to their site and CLICKED CANCEL MY ORDER

Da

Comments

• Vt
      14th of Dec, 2008

Thank you for your warning. I was just about to place an order when I got very leary and decided to check a little further on the legitimacy of this site and that's when I noticed there was no locked security on their order page. (the little paddle lock that should appear for a secure site) I think there might be a lot more going on than bait and switch!! There is no way I would put credit card information on a non-secure site. BEWARE people, we are all so quick to just put our credit card #'s in these days, remember to always look for a secure site! The lost my business and sounds like they should be shut down.

• Un
      25th of Feb, 2009

I ordered a digital camera for $175 on ontimedigital.com yesterday and received an email the next day stating I have to call to confirm the order. I thought it was odd but I went on to call them anyway. The guy asked for my confirmation number and later offered if I wanted to buy the battery that doesn't come with the camera I have ordered. The battery cost around $140 -150. Frustrated, I told him that all camera purchases always come with a battery. So he continued on saying he would lower the price if I get the battery. I canceled the order and I hope no one has to waste their time with them, it's a fraud!!!

• Td
      6th of Mar, 2009

I wish I had read your post before I placed my order.I purchased the Fujifilm Finepix s2000, they had listed for $159. Well I recieved 3 e-mails asking me to call them. They tried selling me batteries for $149 and a warranty for $179. I declined and Joe said fine I'll ship your order.I went to their web site today and it read order cancelled. When i called, I finally got someone after being on hold for about 40 minutes. And the person said you declined the batteries and that is the only way we can sell the camera. So it would cost me$389 if I still wanted the camera, I said no I just wanted the camera that you have on your web site listed for $159. The kid said well your order is cancelled have a nice day.
    Buyer beware. This company should be shut down.

• Av
      10th of Mar, 2009

I agree! I had the same problems when I tried ordering an Olympus 1030SW digital camera from them. Avoid them if you don't want to get scammed!

• Iw
      11th of Mar, 2009

STAY AWAY!!! I wish I had read this before placing my order. I ended up paying $2199 for a Nikon D90, with Sigma lenses which I did not want. After 6 weeks I'm still waiting for the nikkor lenses even though I know they will be gray market if I ever get them. The camera is a gray market product also. I've never been scammed before and I'd bought a lot online. Very expensive lesson learned. Yes, I contact them regularly and now am going to file complaints all over the place. Yes, they should be shut down.

• Tr
      16th of Mar, 2009

Thank all of you for your post. You just save me $1800 plus dollars. I was about to buy a Panasonic dvx100b from them. The add sounded too good to be true so I called the telephone number listed. They young kid who answered the phone was laughing and cursing with a coworker and told me bluntly they did not have the camera. I wrote him off as just a bored kid and asked when they would have more in stock. He hung up. I called back and spoke to a woman who begged me to tell her who it was. She sounded more like his mother than a boss and that is when I really got suspicious. I asked if they were a brick and mortar building and she says no they are strictly online. I was then transferred to a man who no doubt was waiting for my call in a very businesslike manner but now I was growing more and more suspicious because I was hearing more of damage/danger alert than customer service. I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU REMEMBER THE SAYING ABOUT IF IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE...well, you know the rest.

• Am
      19th of Mar, 2009

ontimedigital.com is a complete joke. They require you to call to confirm your order after you place it on line. They try to sell you everything under the sun. I declined it all and the rep said that he would send out my camera soon. Two weeks later, I hadn't received it and I checked the website to track my order. They listed it as canceled and when I called, they claimed they don't have it in stock. I called back and pretended to be someone else and they suddenly had it back in stock. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE SCAM ARTISTS!!!

8th of Apr, 2009

I tried to buy a Garmin 880 from ontimedigital for under $449 when I called they said it was new and I asked them if the manufacture covered the product? They said yes! Then I get this e-mail to confirm the order! Next they call me back telling me because of the price it didn't have a warranty and the manufacture wouldn't cover it and I need to buy an expensive warranty from them! I canceled the order and notified my card company who said if it showed up on my bill they would cancel the charge for me! They should be reported for fraudulent business practices!

• Mi
      27th of Apr, 2009

I had a very simular experance with them two years ago. I placed an order and received an email telling me that I needed to confirm the order. When I called it was an upsale on a battery and charge. They told me the item was out of stock and it stayed on back order for weeks before I canceled the order. Please dont buy anything from these people. I guess since they dont charge your credit card they have not commited a crime other than a bate and switch.

• Ce
      30th of Apr, 2009

WARNING...FRAUD ALERT !!! ON TIME DIGITAL IS A SCAM!
    Everything from the above complaints have turned out to be true in my case as well. Unfortunately, I didn't find this website until having concerns myself.
    They tried to extort more expensive purchases for accessories in order to put the order through. Once I declined all of the over priced accessories they wouldn't put my order through! YOU WILL BE SORRY if you conduct business with this company!

• Sc
      2nd of May, 2009

sorry I didn't read all this before I got sammed by these crooks.
    my $124.98 order was billed at $188.61.

I have reported them to Kings County in Brooklyn and American Express will go after them for the up charge.

Don't do it folks, save the hassle the money and the agro and Shop AMAZON!