OnPoint Law CenterMortgage Modification Fraud

1 Review updated:

They take your fees for mortgage modifications UPFRONT and then tell you that you don't qualify and do not refund you even though they initially tell you they have a MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Corona, CAThey come up with some legal excuse to not give it back to you! ONLY USE LOAN MODIFICATION COMPANIES
THAT DO NOT CHARGE UPFRONT FEES! There are a lot of them that will evaluate your financial situation for FREE and then if they can help you they will take your fee. On Point wants your fee UP FRONT!! BEWARE!!! They also promise to perform a FORENSIC LOAN EVALUATION and then they don't do it.

More OnPoint Law Center Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Do
      Jul 13, 2009

That sounds like rediculous advise. Loan Modification companies are the people who are scamming everyone and in the the news headlines everyday NOT law firms. Law firms charge a retainer upfront for all services regardless (ie. Divorce, BK, Personal Injury, Wills/Trust and Loan Modifications) If this Law Firm was doing horrible things to people as you state why are there NO COMPLAINTS whatsoever with CA State Bar, BBB etc. Law Firms are held to the highest standard on earth unlike ex-mortgage broker loan modification companies. If you really want to be informed on who NOT to work with go to this link http://www.dre.ca.gov/cons_drs.asp This is the DRE watchlist. I believe it will be better advise than from the clown who started this blog.

We have tried three other Loan Modification companies before OnPoint that did nothing for us. The first two were "Non-Profit" which was a waste of time since they spent all of 30 minutes trying to help. The 3rd company took $995 and did a conference call with our lender and got nowhere and stated "they did their best and at this time the lender says you dont qualify for a loan modification"

I hired OnPoint Consumer Law Center and they got our rate cut almost in half, lowered our payment by $431.32 per month and forced my lender to put the $26, 446.29 in back payments we were behind on the back of our loan . It did take almost 4 months but well worth the wait and money.

Very Satisfied Customer
    Douglas S.
    Yucaipa, Ca

Jul 31, 2009

Well- you had better check the BBB again for LA- they have a complaint now. And that advice about not paying up front fees is right from the FBI and many other sources if you do a research on loan modifcations. That's great you had a good experience- I am happy you were so lucky. If they are so on the up and up- why did they not answer their BBB complaint but instead choose to ignore it? You are very suspicious to me and may actually be the whole circus itself.

• Wh
      Aug 27, 2009

I agree with Northville, this company is a fraud. I had the same exact problem AND all of the folks who initially assisted me in getting all the paperwork done are no longer with the company OR they have changed their extension.

Aug 27, 2009

Yep- PLEASE do what I did if you want to stop him. Report Mr. Enos and his firm to:
    Office of the Chief Trial Counsel
    The State Bar of California
    1149 South Hill St.
    Los Angeles, CA [protected]

He is currently being investigated as it is against Calif. law for any attorney to charge a fee for services he does not perform (per the State Bar Investigator). They must prove PROOF of their hours of service and it can't just be made up hours within the office itself. They would have to prove that they actually did work the hours with the mortgage company, etc... which we know they did not. THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE STOPPED AND WHO BETTER THEN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA?!

THE CALIFORNIA STATE BAR CORRECT PHONE # TO FILE A COMPLAINT IS:

[protected].
    They ask that you use this phone # and NOT THE ABOVE phone number
    as you will be assigned your OWN investigators and direct # once you file a complaint.

They ask that you call them at [protected] to file any complainst you have regarding ANY California Lawyers.

• Jm
      Sep 01, 2009

I am also having issues trying to use On point Consumer Law Center. I tried emailing all the individuals who worked on my case and now they are all coming back returned as incorrect email address. I have called numerous times trying to get a hold of these same individuals and now their extensions don't are also invalid I left a message in the general mailbox and in someone elses mailbox to give me a call back. I appreciate the numbers listed and you can be sure I will be calling the CA State Bar and the Deputy Trial Counsel. I hope that it turns out okay like Doug S. Wish I had saw this posting earlier in the year. Although my mortgage company has all my information I am trying to work on my modification myself directly with them. I'm also filing a complaint with the BBB online requesting a refund.

Sep 01, 2009

Great but please use the [protected] # as the original #s listed are NOT TO BE USED.
    Thanks!

• Jr
      Sep 29, 2009

I had the same thing happen to me. I paid them almost $3000 up front and have been told by both of my lenders that I dont qualify for a modification. They refused to refund my money because they say they havent received a refusal from one of the lenders in writing.

• Sp
      Oct 08, 2009

I have worked with law firms many times on different issues, and it's not always easy to speak to someone immediately when you call. That was one thing that made me suspicious of this company...THEY KEPT CALLING ME!!! Two or three times a day trying to pin me down on signing their contract and agreeing to the $2200 fee. My husband and I read and re-read their contract, and nowhere in their paperwork was their claim of "98% success rate" (which seems like something you'd put in writing and brag about if you had documentation to support it), although it did plainly say they cannot guarantee that they can do anything to help us. After doing some research and finding different sites with the same complaints over and over with this company and many others, we decided not to risk it. The next time the girl called me from On Point (on my cell phone at work), and I told her we had changed our minds, she got pretty annoyed and hung up.

Thank you to everyone who posted their experiences. It helped save us from what you went through, and I hope and pray you all get restitution. God Bless.

Oct 08, 2009

I am glad someone has benefitted from our bad experience with them. We are still working with the CA bar association with our complaint against them trying to get a refund. :-)

• Id
      Oct 31, 2009

I was working with a company that seems to be connected to On point Law Center which is called The Financial Solution Center. I paid them $3495 and they have failed to get my loan modified with my lender. Unfortuately I lost my home to foreclosure. It appears that they shut down the financial solution center and opened up this new company the first of the year. I started to get paperwork from this new company as well as emails. I requested a refund since they did nothing and I lost my home however they have not responded, I am going to report them to the attorney general's office and hopefully since they took my money and provided me nothing in return, I would hope this is a criminal charge in CA? who knows.

Nov 03, 2009

my wife and i are going through the same ordeal. we looked over the paperwork and their mission statement and it seemed like they were a pretty confident group. we are in the third week and are now with the 4th person. we keep getting the "we'll call you back within 48 hours" but we never get a response by phone. we gathered all the documents that were needed for the modification and mailed them to onpoint. after that we were advised to let them be the point of contact from now on. luckily we got a call from the lender stating that they couldn't reach them either. when we emailed them to explain what was going on with the lenders, we started getting passed around from person to person. it seemed like they just mailed the documents that we gathered along with a generic cover letter to our lender. the letter sounded like they were going to drop the hammer on the lender, which probably has them unwilling to help us at all now. we got a reply after 3 or 4 emails that said the lender already gave us a modification and lowered our rate. well the amount lowered was 187.85 and it was the pmi from 2007. i still don't know anything about the lowered rate because we have not had our rate lowered. for the first three years our lender overcharged us in excess of $4500 for escrow. it's been one hell of an ordeal. this "law center" acts more like a daycare. i looked their address up on google and zoomed in on them to see if it was more than a p.o. box. if i can find them in south carolina, why can't the police find them in cali? i have thought about making a trip to see them in person with an officer with me to see if they would refund our money. i think it would almost be worth it. thanks for all the info and advice. a day late and several dollars short...

Nov 03, 2009

oh yeah, the girl on the phone trying to get our business said that they will pre-qualify us to see if we would be someone they could help and that if they thought they could help us then and only then would we need to pay. of course we were the lucky ones that day because they could definitely help us. we got the whole spill about the 1% rate for 5 years and if they couldn't save us money we would get 100% of our money back. it even states it in the documents that a full refund would be given if we could not be helped. it has been 3 days since our last contact. when you call them you will get the less than 48 hours spill but faster results come from emails. it has been a bit longer. they do have clauses in their mission statement that gives them and out. but, they do have an out for us too. it states that they will do what is described in their services section which includes ease of contacting. what they have failed to do is basically that, be easily contacted and stay in touch. this is a written and signed document that should be admissible. with emails and time stamps of replies, i think we have something. either way i think that money is gone forever. i will be very surprised if we have any help in our modification or the refund. it really seems like they sent out a letter to the lender and asked for a modification and the lender said no. so they just agreed and told us that "they don't want to work with you". i guess they have done their job. i could have done this... can we have a modification? thanks anyway...

Nov 03, 2009

Again, everyone should be reporting them to The State Bar of California who is still investigating them. 1149 South Hill, Los Anglese, CA [protected]-1000
    It is amazing that more people are not doing internet searches on them before doing business with them. When we tried to work with them there was NO info on them online (I did search) but now there is surely enough to make people stop and think before getting involved with them. FILE COMPLAINTS with The State Bar of CA and the LA BBB. You can file BBB online now.

• Pa
      Nov 06, 2009

Anyone who wants Onpoint new address its 4733 Torrance Boulevard, suite 722, Torrance, California 90503.

You may contact Mr Enos direct at [protected] extension 3600 or [protected]@onpointlawcenter.com

Amie Soto, Gina Araujo their extension # are now not valid

I paid this company $3000.00 for modification and I was told that it takes 4-6 weeks to get result but its been 5 months already, they even ignored phone calls and emails, they changed extension #s 2x already. I think my hard earned money is now in their pockets. Iwas behind in my mortgage payment for a few months then my lender called me. They are willing to help me because I told them that I want to keep my house. They say, they ( the lender) will decide if Im qualified for modification and its FREE of charge. After 30 minutes talking in the phone I was pre qualified under the Obamas program and my payment was set for 3 trial payments and much lower than my original mortgage payment.

Nov 06, 2009

Thanks for the updated information on this company! Wonder why they moved? I have also heard the same thing from others- only your mortgage company can tell you if you qualify for a modification BUT they will only work with people who are behind in their mortgages, not those trying to stay current. Its really too bad that mortgage companies can't be a bit more proactive as they would have less failed mortgages on their hands to deal with. Most people do not want to leave their homes- they just need some help. The mortgage companies have made ridiculous amounts of money off people through the years and that is what really needs to change. By the time a person is finished paying off their mortgage they have paid 3 times or more over for the home- an absoulute rip off by the mortgage companies and banks. It is no wonder they can afford all of those executive bonuses and perks!! It is outragous!

• Pa
      Nov 06, 2009

Yes thats true, mortgage company will give priorities to those who are on default. I used to pay my mortgage current and I called my lender to modify my loan but they told me that Im current in my mortgage payment and one rep told me like " do you know that there are peolpe who need more help than you" so I say " I need help too" and transfer my call from one to another until I was hung up. That was the time that I contacted Onpoint. Then didnt pay mortgage. Anyway we all have different situation.

No idea why Onpoint move

Nov 06, 2009

I know exactly what you mean. Sounds like BANK OF AMERICA to me! My son went through the same thing- passed on from one person to another. Un fortunately for him, he received no assistance from them after calling for months and he is now having to sell his home at a loss to the lender. BOA is not very people friendly. :-)

Nov 13, 2009

Well, my family has also been or is in the process of being ripped off by these people. Just today the web site shut down. We have sent them thousands of dollars and we now can't get ahold of anyone.

Nov 13, 2009

I will not take this laying down, the attorneys' name is robin enos and he registered with the california bar. Start filing complaints with the bar, also this is an FBI issue. Wire fraud, possible money laundering and more could be possible motives for this. I now found out I don't even fit the criteria for loan modifications, (too high of an income) never was told this. Contact me if you would like to get resolve.

• Ro
      Nov 15, 2009

I was also scammed by On Point Law Center for $2600.00.I have been searching for them when I stumbled on to this web site. I reseached the firm for a solid week, talked to them 5 different times. Try to do all the homework necessary to not get ripped of and still got burned. I will follow up on this now. They never even sent some of my information to my lender. What about a class action suit????

Nov 15, 2009

Thats what they told us, we made too much money. The problem I had with the whole thing was that we told them we were self-employed and how much our income was BEFORE they took our money and we were assured they could help us. The same day we got all of our final paper work in to them they rejected us- said we lied to them about how much money we made. That was not true as we told them our income is up and down because we were self employed. They tried to make us out as the liers and people who were trying to get away with something. They are the ones who are the liers. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance to you- we would be happy to join in on anything to stop this guy! Our complaint with Calif is still pending. Our business phone is [protected].

Nov 20, 2009

I RECEIVED A CALL FROM CHARLES T. CALIX, DEPUTY TRIAL COUNSEL from the STATE BAR OF CALIFORNIA on 11/19/09. He has asked me to have anyone who has a complaint about On Point Law and/or Robin Enos, Esq. to contact him immediately at [protected]. A few people have called us that we did not get contact numbers from so hopefully you will all see this and will call him IMMEDIATELY!

Nov 23, 2009

i have contacted mr. enos several times to get a refund. he has changed his story three times. the first was a denial because i told them they took our money after the law was passed on october 12th about no upfront fees. he then said he didn't have our file in front of him and made a mistake so we would get a refund. then he said again that he didn't have our file in front of hime and upon further review, we were not his clients and that no refund would be given. he stated that he was with onpoint law center and that we had an agreement with onpoint financial services. that part is true but his name was on the site as the lawyer. we have several emails from gina araujo that started with the financial site as a link and then changed to the law center site. this to me ties the two frims together. now that both sites are shut down, we have no way to contact them other than the email links that are probably filtered now. this guy is bad news and gina araujo is mixed up with him too. i've also had dealings with ami soto. all of these names are popping up on the internet with complaints. i called the police in his area and they told me i needed to contact the police in my area first and then have them contact the police in his area so they can start investigations. there is also a form you can get from the cali state bar for refunds but you must prove your case. we have all messages sent to us from both firms and from hime stateing that he has no idea who these poeple are. i don't think he realized that gina araujo sent us another message from "his" site. we are going to try to take all that we can from him for mental anguish and anything else lawyers try to weasel out with. i know there are good and bad with any profession but with guys like this, it's hard not to judge all.

Nov 23, 2009

Mr. Enos is the attorney for On Point Law, make no mistake. We have his name on our documents from there. Please look at my note above and contact Mr. Calix at the Calif. State Bar at [protected].

• Fa
      Nov 24, 2009

I will be calling Mr. Calix a.s.a.p. You can bet on that I am out $2, 900 because off the false claims of Mr. Enos and the Onpoint Law Center. Now I am even more in hot water with my lender. Because of no contact which was told by us by them. For the last five months we were being told by Gina Aruajo that they our lender had our file under review. Which is not the case at all. Truth is On Point Law Center never submitted any of our papaer work or so called file to our lender CitiMorgage . So they are now threatning us with forclosure. Which is what we thought On Point Law center was handling on our behalf to our dismay. Very frustrating to say the least!! Sincerly Rod Delos-Santos...Boynton Beach, Florida...

Nov 30, 2009

Everyone needs to keep coming to this site and putting up their info. I'm going to contact the FBI to start an investigation. If you cross paths with anyone who has had experience with onpoint, Robin Enos or his group, tell them to post here. Please post here, there is strength in numbers. I am also calling Mr. Calix in a minute and getting on the complaint list. I have the very same experience as the other posts here. I was told that they were modifying our loan and when we checked with our bank we were actually in foreclosure. The bank told us they had never had any negotiations with robin enos or onpoint law center. There are a bunch of players in this scam. When we statrted we had a 650 credit score and had never missed a payment on anything. we knew we were going to have a problem in the next few months and was trying to meet our problem head on. We were instructed that if everything was current that no one would negotiate anything with us. So we followed their instruction, Now we are in a great big mess and have to hire another attorney to get us bankruptcy protection. we are sick. please send me an email and I will be able to direct the FBI. Thanks and GOOD LUCK!!!

• Le
      Nov 30, 2009

My husband and I paid On-point Law Center a fee of $2600 to process our loan modification with our bank. We submitted all the necessary paperwork and have received absolutely nothing. It has been several months since we heard back from On-point Law Center and our candle has burnt out. We made several attempts to conact Robin Enos, Esq., but no word. This law firm must be stopped. We contacted Charles Calix (State Bar of California) and we are hoping our complaint will help support the case against On-Point Law Center and put them out of business!

• Da
      Nov 30, 2009

We are in the same boat. I cannot get a call back from anyone and all of Onpoints emails get returned unknown. Before we gave Robin Enos any money I check him out with the Bar association and he had a clean record no complaints. I though he was legit. You would think you could trust a lawyer I guess I was wrong.
    Thank you for the state bar information my husband and we will be filing a complaint.

Dec 01, 2009

Make sure you call Charles Calix above, as well.

Dec 03, 2009

My brother and I paid $3, 400 for Mr. Enos’ service last August and as of today I have not heard anything from them. I got in touch with Mr. Calix who took the info by phone. Thank you for the information re Mr. Calix.

Dec 04, 2009

I am in the same situation. All e-mails are coming back invalid. At the beginning of my modification ( around August) everything was moving fine. I had returned calls and e-mails. As of 2-3 weeks ago everything stopped. I did all the homework neccessary to make sure this was legit and everything checked out. I thought their web site shut down, I just found their site is now, www.onpointdebtrelief.com. I will do everything I can to bring a civil suit against them. We are all having difficult times and putting out trust in a snake isn't right. By the time I'm done with you ENOS, you will be the one to get bit. And you'll need an attorney. I already filed a complaint with the BBB of CA and will be submitting a complaint with the CA atterney gerneral.

Dec 04, 2009

Please also contact Mr. Calix at the Calif. State Bar at [protected]. He is with the State Bar and assigned to investigate Mr. Enos. He wants to hear from everyone with any involvement with On Point.

• At
      Dec 05, 2009

I had have had similar dealings with Mr. Enos too. He is also the attorney for MyLoanModification.com but this company works exactly the same as OnPoint. I checked many load modification companies out online before I used this one. When I first sent money, the company took it but after that my bank account was drafted by Mr. Enos. Once he took his $3, 000 I was told story after story about the help he would give us. Now I can't reach him. I will call Mr. Calix and supply any info. he needs.

Dec 06, 2009

Please keep posting any update regarding Mr. ANUS. We all need any progress to bring him down and get our money back. I already filed with the BBB and waiting for papers from the Attorney General to file with them. If we communicate we can win. If needed I will take this all the way to a civil lawsuit. Hopefully we can ruin and get him kicked out of the bar of Ca.

• Wa
      Dec 08, 2009

We too were taken by Mr. Enos. We started our process in June and like many paid the $3000.00. Thankfully we did not take his advice and we kept making our monthly payment. That is our only saving grace right now with the bank. I have also turned him into the BBB of CA and to Mr. Caliz with the California State Bar and also to my local police department. This man is still practicing law and must be stopped. We too believe in strength in numbers and want this guy brought to justice. He must be stopped so no other person is scammed by him.

• Ji
      Dec 09, 2009

I have also been swindled by this law firm and robin enos. They took my 3000.00 wired retainer and did absolutely nothing. They do not return calls and speaking directly with enos does not resolve the situation. Enos is a con man and needs to be investigated for fraud. I believe mailing out a contract and doing absolutley nothing is a federal offense. I will be calling the CA State Bar to complain and also initiating a fee arbitration hearing with the CA Bar to try and retrieve my money. Is there anyway we can tie our complaints together and go after this dishonest lawyer?

Dec 09, 2009

yes- make sure you contact Mr. Calix at the CA State Bar at [protected]. If you want to email me your name and contact #, we hear from people all the time about the Enos scam and we will put your name on the list and provide you with the names and # of the others who want to be together on this claim. My business email is:

[protected]@comcast.net Good Luck!

Dec 09, 2009

Has anyone ever spoken to Mr.Calix personally. I called twice and there was no call back.

• At
      Dec 09, 2009

I too have placed calls to Mr. Calix and have not spoken to him or been called back. I really appreciate these posts. I would like to be kept updated about Mr. Enos. I can provide my information toward investigations as well.