Onlingo - Spanish / Charged $69.95 for nothing

United States Review updated:
I was doing sureys on line, started w/Panda Research - forced to open PayPal acct. to get paid. No money but they had my checking acct #, I closed 1 checking acct a few wks ago, I closed another checking acct a few days ago, I canceled 1 credit card a few days ago. I got hit from all sides, I'm close to $500 that 4 different scammers got from me. Upon receiving Onlingo I returned product in its pkg, when I called them up they told me it would take 6-8 wks for mailing to get back to them & they have 30 refund policy. When you do surveys, it's repetitive about buying products, you check NO, automatically it goes to YES. In a few months time you get the biggest surprise of your life. Onlingo has a good thing going w/their clause which none of us paid attention to upon acceptance. I've only had laptop for 3 mons., needed it to post resume on monster.com. Technology was suppose to be good, everybody has to have the latest, it turned out to be a NIGHTMARE...

Comments

Cy
  26th of Sep, 2008
Onlingo Spanish did the same thing to me...I wanted to buy one CD which I received and when I saw the amount taken out of my bank account that I did NOT authorize I called my bank and got the number to Onlingo and phoned telling them I did NOT authorize the amount taken out of my account however since I did receive the CD to keep the 69.95 but to take me off all their data information and do NOT send me anything else.
Today when I went online to my banking account they had taken out over 70.00 I then got my bank on the line with a 3 way calling.
I was told another product was mailed out to me yesterday and I told them I will be sending it back requesting a received signature and will be watching my account for the refund they owe me.
Su
  1st of May, 2009
I received a CD that I did not order in March. Thinking nothing of it due to not ordering anything I threw it away. Today I received another CD and opened it. Surprise to me that it was in my 7 year old son's name!
AND it was put on my credit card for $69.00. I'd like to know how that happened. I called Onlingo and they agreed to cancel the membership and refund of $55.00 will go to my account. Do you think that will happen? We'll see. I then called my credit card company and disputed the charge. Only then was I told there was another $94.50 charge. I told them I'm disputing both charges as no one in this house ordered from Onlingo. My credit card person was awesome and told me I will not be billed for the charges.
I don't think this is over. People make sure to read all charges on your credit card statements. I would have just paid it if I hadn't read it.