onlinepcmasters.com / Fraudulant and Misleading phone calls

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I received a telephone call from this company. They told me that my computer had been sending error reports to Microsoft and as a result they had been asked to call me to try and rectify my computer as it was obviously about to crash at any moment. They instructed me to download ISL light onto my computer and proceeded to try to download a programme from Cnet.com called Advanced System Optimiser 3. They told me that Microsoft had instructed them to call me and that they were going to show me all of the spyware that was on my computer and they were going to download a programe to fix it for me. I was very wary and watched what they were doing at all times. Fortunately for me, my computer's internet connection is very slow so, before the Advanced System Optimiser 3 had chance to download I had time to look them up on my laptop and discovered the true nature of their company. At this point I hit the disconnect button on ISL light. Only then did they tell me that they were actually selling an annual technical support service at a cost of £79.95 per year. I'm appalled at my own stupidity at being taken in and allowing someone direct access to my computer. I'm reporting this so that they can be stopped before many more people are duped as I was.

Comments

• Mo
      17th of Nov, 2010
    onlinepcmasters.com - terrible service
    onlinePCmasters.com

I recieved a phone from onlinePCmasters.com saying they had been notified that my laptop has been having problems, which it had been. They told me it was going to be 71.50 and I am a college student who has a struggle to get by week by week because I dont work a full time job. I get a text notification from my bank saying my account has been overdrawn, they charged me 117.00 and some change. I called to let them know what they had done and he told me the money would be back in my account the next day.. well i called because it hadnt come back into my account and he said "tomorrow it will be in there" so now the charge is gone and they charged me 118.00 and some change. This is a horrible service and they cant even speak english well enough to where you can understand them! I wouldnt not reccomend this to anyone, i feel as if it is some kind of scam.