Onlinehotels.com / No customer service

My name is Dianne Olley and my family had a really bad experience with onlinehotlels.com recently. I made reservations on onlinehotels.com on the Internet on March 22, 2006. My reservations were from July 7 through July 14th at the Radisson Hotels at Marco Island. I contacted customerservice@onlinehotels.com via e-mail on April 5, 2006 for confirmation that my reservations were accepted by them and by the Radisson. I received a return e-mail giving me the onlinehotels confirmation #10539995oh and the Radisson #216302. My credit card was billed the deposit of $123.45 on March 22nd. I made a called to [protected] to a Ms. Lourdes one week before my family’s arrival and was told my reservations were confirmed for the Raddison.

Upon arriving at the Radisson Hotel at Marco Island on July 7th my family was informed that we had no reservations with this hotel and that onlinehotels was notified that the

Radisson would be closing on Monday, July 10th. The Radisson said that onlinehotels was notified in writing and via a confirmed read e-mail and conversation with a Vivian on May 16th. I called onlinehotels and spoke with Ms. Lourdes concerning this problem. She said that the onlinehotels was NOT notified of the Radisson closing. There was no supervisor available till Monday for me to discuss this with. There were NO equivalent accommodations available for my family for our stay July 7th through the 14th. I called and spoke with Ms. Jessica Bradley on Monday. She was VERY rude and disrespectful and kept interrupting me from me explaining the details of this problem. She did confirmed that her company, onlinehotels DID receive notification of the closing of the Radisson. She said that they received the confirmation number only of the reservations affected by this closing but because the Radisson didn’t give specific names that she felt that they were at fault too. I explained this finger pointing didn’t help our situation. She was NOT helpful in finding equivalent accommodations for my family. After ending our conversation, my family had to spend our vacation on a blow up mattress at a friend’s house.

Ms. Bradley called me back and told me that Radisson sent me a letter and that she was going to bill me for my stay at the Radisson. I informed here AGAIN that my family didn’t stay at the Radisson. I also had not received any letter from the Raddison. She was again very rude and I felt she wanted to make me the person to take ownership of this problem.

I made my reservations with onlinehotels.com and they accepted my deposit, which should be a contract that they would have the accommodations for me that I signed up for. This was a vacation we saved up for and looked forward to for a long time. This will be one of our last vacations and it was ruined with the incompetence of these individuals that work for onlinehotles.com.

Onlinehotels.com does not promote customer satisfaction or we would have been notified before July 7th arrivals and they would have found further accommodations before our arrival.

There is no customer service because we, as the customer, would not be in the middle of this finger pointing dispute between them and the Radisson.

My family didn't have the vacation we were looking forward to. Onlinehotels.com has agreed to give back my deposit. If I had cancelled my reservation with a less than 24 hour notice I would of lost my deposit. I feel that I should be compensated my deposit in addition to a full refurnd. They didn't notify me within 24 hour of our arrival.

Comments

13th of Oct, 2006

Read this review...i had a very dissapointing experience with OnlineHotels.com as well. Be careful buying from this company...they are bordering on scam artists. Just check them out in the BBB they are blacklisted because of their huge list of complaints...fair warning.

10th of Dec, 2006
    OnlineHotels.com - Poor customer service!

Onlinehotels.com has to have the worst customer service and accounting out of any company I have ever dealt with. I am a business professional and travel extensively through out the US. I waited six months to get my refund and The company would not let me speak to anyone in account because there is no accounting department! And as of recently you can not even call customer service you have to email them!! What kind of company is this? Are they even in business anymore??

13th of Dec, 2006
    OnlineHotels.com - 4 Months no refund! Stay away from this company!

My family and I used www.OnlineHotels.com to book our vacation to Orlando. When we got there are reservations were never made. The hotel had no information about OnlineHotels.com or our reservation through them for the hotel. I ended up paying for the hotel myself at the front desk. I immediately called OnlineHotels.com once i returned home. After countless tries to reach someone in charge I finally spoke with someone who assured me my money would be refunded. It never was. Now they tell me that they have no record of my reservation...unbelievable. Stay away from this company.

• Sc
      23rd of Oct, 2007

Stay away from Onlinehotels.com . I'm not sure if they are even a real business. They took my money easily enough... but never made the reservation . When I called, they told me my reservation was not in their "computers" . Took over 40 days to get money back . Stick with the brand names like Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity .

• Sc
      29th of May, 2008

Terrible. I'm not sure they are a real company. The customer service rep on the phone couldnt answer any questions about the company. Their knowledge of the hotels they represent was non existent. I made my reservaton with Expedia instead. Their rep could tell me loads more about the area AND the hotel.

Buyer Beware.