OnlineBusinessBureau.com / Total scam

This site is a total scam.

Noticed this companies logo on a Home Forclosure Scam's website.

Do you the the Online Business Bureau does any sort of background check on its members?

They make up un true information about the BBB saying they are a for profit company.

The BBB actually does background checks on their members. Not everyone company is eligiable for membership.

Every AG in the nation as well as the FTC reccomend consumers check with the BBB.

Be

Comments

• Va
      2nd of Jan, 2007
    OnlineBusinessBureau.com - No service

It seems that after posting two complaints online with their service. That neither complaint as I reviewed on their website has not been looked into yet. I lost money to ebay offline buy now auctions that went bad. If they can't do any better than the BBB, who can?

• Bo
      1st of Jul, 2010

Agreed! It's a total sham website put up in an attempt to give crappy companies a good name. I filed a complaint with the OBB about a business, and haven't had a response in THREE WEEKS!! Nothing, nada, zip zilch zero. And the company I complained about? They still have an A+ rating with no outstanding complaints. Yeah right, I just made one! Sham, sham, sham to the core!! Any company who uses this as their accreditation needs to be avoided by a country mile! Don't be fooled by this wanna-be BBB.

19th of Nov, 2010

My opinion regarding "Online Business Bureau" is that it is a scam or ?? I filed a complaint with them on 10/29/10 about Universal Propertys (a bigger scam). They emailed UP (I got a cc) and told them if they needed more than 10 days to respond, please advise. I just received another email cc from OBB. It was a copy of their email to UP again. It has been 20 days and Online Business Bureau has not received a response from the company I complained about and they still list Universal Propertys as a member in good standing. In my opinion, OBB is only there for unfavorable businesses to pay for a internet good rating seal. This so-called seal of approval is worthless, when they don't enforce their own rules. Don't put any faith into anything that OBB says good. They are PAID for their "good business" stamp. It is worthless.

22nd of Nov, 2010

After 3 weeks of contacting OBB, they finally flagged a company that I filed a complaint on. If you are having these kinds of problems, keep after them and maybe, just maybe, they will do the right thing. They finally did for me.

• Fo
      8th of Feb, 2011

The Online Business Bureau has an F rating with the Better Business Bureau. You will find their trusted site seal on the websites of the most fraudulant companies out there. e. g. A1 Marketing Unlimited.

• Jd
      15th of Jul, 2011

I filed a complaint with OBB about Vacation Property Marketing... The closed the complaint based on response from VPM saying it was resolved without ever verifying with me that it was resolved. I filed ANOTHER complaint (same issue) citing this activity, also. This time OBB closed the complaint because VPM said they credite 2/3 of my money to someone else's account??? Again, OBB verified nothing with me... TOTAL SCAM SITE...