Onlinebootstore.com/jgear inc. / Poor Service

United States, Wisconsin, Fond du Lac Review updated:
1211 Rickmeyer Drive
Fond du Lac
Phone: 18888243613
I ordered two pair of boots from this company one for me, and one for my husband. The next day, they sent an email saying the pair for my husband was unavailable and would be backordered until the end of June. Not wanting to wait that long, I emailed them asking to cancel that part of the order. Two days later, I heard nothing from them, so called and cancelled my husband's pair. After 5 days or so, I called again since I hadn't received a tracking number yet. The man I spoke with stated that he would have one in a few days. I asked him to then cancel the entire order. Something just didn't seem right to me. He stated that it was too late to cancel the order, that he would send me a tracking number, when he received one from the warehouse. He also stated that my items had already shipped. When I received my tracking number 3 days later, it showed that they had not shipped when we talked, and I feel that I should have been allowed to cancel at that time. After receiving my boots, (12 days after ordering them) I decided that they were not what I wanted. I called and spoke to a woman and asked about their return policy. She sent me to a page on their website that has you print out a form to be taped to the box with their address on it. I received my refund about a week later, with $7 less than I paid. Since this wasn't the correct amount, I called the company. I asked them why I was shorted $7. She stated that it was a "restocking fee" and if you look on the website you can find where it says that. I said I didn't search the website for the information, I called and actually spoke to a person. That person never mentioned it. I asked her since that was the case, would she refund the $7. She said the $7 is their policy, and would not even consider refunding it.

Seems to me that this may be a business run out of a back room in someone's home. They are not good at all with customer service. They made me feel like I was doing something wrong by calling them and asking questions. I feel that they are deceptive by not mentioning "restocking fees" when someone calls to ask about returning an item.

More Onlinebootstore.com/jgear inc. Complaints & Reviews

D  8th of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
The restocking fee is on their return/exchange policy. They also mention that there is 1-2 business days for processing. That free ups ground takes a total of 6-10 business days. You should always pay attention to the information on websites, and call if you have a question about anything, it only makes sense to do so. An informed shopper that looks over everything and asks questions, is a smart shopper
A  22nd of Apr, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I ordered 1 pair of boots. Seven days later, I called to get the tracking information. I was told they were being shipped. I called back three days later and was told they were in the warehouse being shipped. I demanded to speak to a supervisor and after playing the hold game, I was told they were on backorder for at least 3 more weeks.
N  24th of May, 2014 by
They called to tell me that converse no longer available that I had to switch to Reebok's and were the same boot .7 days later get the wrong boot send it back and we will send the right one 4 days and waiting wtf