Online Yellow Pages Group / harassment

1 Spokane, WA, United States Review updated:

Failure to change online ad, failure to update information on online ad, failure to cancel online ad, failure to cancel service, harassing emails and postal mail, continuous daily phone harassment from multiple phone numbers.

Comments

Le
  23rd of Jul, 2009

They've been harassing my business ever since I put a listing up. Constantly calling to "get more info" on what we're doing and trying to sell us listings on search engines. Each time, I tell them no, yet they keep calling. One guy promised that we'd get more advertisers to the site. The other guy said he couldn't promise that we'd get more advertisers, but we would get more readers which would lead to more advertisers.

The first guy very nearly signed me up for the program. He didn't even ask. He was like "okay, so I'll put you down for this plan." I said no. My business couldn't afford an extra 260 dollars a month right now. He continued to push after I said no, said he'd give me some time to think about it, called back. I didn't answer. He guaranteed me 60 visitors a month. I can get more than that promoting my site for free.

The second guy, after I told him that we couldn't afford it, got snippy with me and told me that I was going to have to invest in my business at some point if I wanted it to grow. I politely informed him that I was well-aware of this, and had already invested plenty in my business at this point.

They've called SEVERAL (I capitalize to give an idea at the sheer volume of calls I've received over the past few weeks) other times, and I've ignored the calls.

I suppose their idea is to harass people into using their services. All they're really doing is pissing me off, and making it look as though this service is unsuccessful. If you have to try and sell it 80 times to the same person, it can't be doing that well.

Re
  2nd of Feb, 2010

I am sorry that you are not happy with yellowpages. I was looking online a found a website that you can have a FREE ebillboard. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Mike he told me that he setup a ebillboard and he is happy with the site. He told me that you can go on and change any thing and with out calling one person to do it for him. He said that he can upload his business logo or other photos or up to a 5 min video.He said on this site and did not cost him a dime to setup. I hope this helps you out. Have a good day.

Ma
  14th of Feb, 2010

I totally agree! I signed up with Yellow Pages Ausralia at the start of November 09 and the Ad still is not right! and when you try to get things sorted they just give you the run around "oh so sorry, I'll try and chase that up for you, " or "the person who is hanling that said that they fixed it" and then they expect to be paid! and not even a proof sent out first!
I have spent more time sending well crafted emails to them, so as not to be too rude, and to which they dont respond, and all the while I have not had a single job through them! and not one call from the online ad either!

Does any one have a number to call the Australian head office??