Online Wire Transfer Glich / ICICI uses customer's money illegally

I have a serious concern about ICICI for which I am now planning to go to Consumer Court and few TV channels for help. I hope this will help me getting attention and seriousness from ICICI.

I am trying to trace my money which has been wired by my client from Belgium 2 months back. My business was affected very badly due to this kiosk of ICICI. I am continuously calling call centers, meeting many senior people of ICICI, writing to nri department since one and half months, providing all the details they need but still nobody could trace the money. Nobody is even taking this case seriously even when I am telling them my serious problems due to this glitch.

ICICI is using my money since 2 months illegally. If we fail to pay credit card bills they charge customers like anything. Now who is going to pay interest for these two months.

Tushar Joshi

A  18th of May, 2009 by
I also faced the same issues with ICICI. I do wire transfer every month to ICICI from my business account in US. This is the third time they hold our money and released when the dollar to rupee decreases. Now because of ICICI cheating we lost Rs. 18, 000 only for this time. The total losses till now are over Rs. 30, 000

ICICI is a cheat. Stay away. We are going to move to another bank and sue them in consumer court.
N  20th of May, 2009 by
Dear Customers,

Kindly write to us at nodalofficer@icicibank.com with ‘Customer Service issue-Wire Transfer’ as the subject line. Request you to provide the relevant details of the issue along with your full name and contact details.

We will be happy to help you.

Nazia Sayeed
Office of the Nodal Officer
A  31st of Jan, 2010 by
I also did transfer on 25-january-2010 and so far there is no information from either bank where my money is. I heard that ICICI got the money but not relaesing it. So bad I really feel bad
A  7th of Apr, 2010 by
I faced similar issue in 2007 when the dollar hit Rs.38 in a couple of weeks. My $30K wire transfer was lost and hit my account only after Rs.2 drop. 1.5 weeks back, I transfered $55K and I still dont see the money in my ICICI account, whereas my US account does not have $55K. As you all know, the dollar-rupee rate is trending to stronger ruppee.. this is almost 1.1Lkhs loss for me in terms of conversion rate. I do strongly believe ICICI is gaming people like this. Definitely, I am going to the consumer court this time.
A  20th of Nov, 2016 by
Am the recent victim wherein my company has transferred about 8K USD through Bank of America (Correspondent Back) and there is no trace of where the is money. Am too called and emailed customer service like 20-30 times. They are not even responding to my email in written confirmation on what they are claiming. As per them they have not received any swift notification. My company in Netherlands have confirmed to with there bank to launch an official investigation on this matter. And am too will be meeting my legal counsel in Singapore to take this matter to the consumer court.
I think ICICI have this attitude that nobody will take this illegal practice seriously to take legal action and we all should make sure that this shall not be the case!
N  21st of Nov, 2016 by
Dear Sir, (JRR_sg)

We regret the inconvenience caused. We request you to email us your concern with your contact details on care@icicibank.com. Please mention the UID (a3o85q_aaae) in the subject line of your email. Our official will assist you.

ICICI Bank Customer Service Team