Online money transfer / Online money transaction failures

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

Hi All,
I did an online money transfer from HSBC on the 24th of September to my beneficiary bank in India. The bank claims the money transfer takes place in two international working days. However the money did not reach my beneficiary account in one week and when i complained regarding this, they said they would take up an investigation. The money after another week was credited back in my HSBC account as "refund" but after cutting about 8 to 10%. They claim that the beneficiary bank account never existed. Upon giving proof of my account in India and also proof of what i did on the online transaction they said they would again investigate. They never came back after that.. I have been following up with them for the past 2 months. Every time i call their call centre, the persons there give their personal opinions on this, rather than actually showing the basis of cutting the amount. They file complaints but dont give their QMS numbers. Its utterly hopeless response from the part of HSBC. Its also become clear that if we lodge complaints to HSBC to investigate a failure on their part, they charge you for that too and nothing happens. I have the proof showing that its a clear mistake in their software and instead of correcting this, they are charging the customer and not coming back with any response. I would appreciate it, if anyone could tell me whats to be done in this kind of issue.

Ra

Comments

• Su
      26th of Jul, 2008
    Online money transfer - money will not be credited
    SBI India

I have used OnlineSBI money tansfer to India. Their service is very bad . They deduct money immediately and never credit to the account of beneficiary ( SBI a/c). Never respond to the emails and No Customer support. Its like your money is being robbed. One time it took nearly 20 days for a transaction.

• Pr
      30th of Apr, 2009

I agree with you samething has happened to me also.I will never ever use their service.This thing happened to me in my very second transaction.This is sad.I wonder why India is still a developing country.