Online Grants / Usa Grant Riches / False charges

Canada, Alberta Review updated:
Steve Stefoniuk
I was chrged 57. 61 usd for a service that i did not recieve or know that i had to cancel by a certain time i've contacted my credit card company and they will also be dealing with them. This charge was billed to me twice on june 30th. If this scam is allowed to continue think about how many more inocent people will be taken. Please help me get my money back and stop this travisty. Thanks steve stefoniuk

A  14th of Aug, 2009 by
I have am having the same problem and can't put a stop to the charges. I have a number to call if anyone can get through to it let me know.I've told my cc company but still being charged.My charge every month is 64.14...my husband will not be too pleased to know about this charge.Any solutions to stop this HELP

Elizabeth y
N  15th of Aug, 2009 by
I have the same problem. Since it's the weekend I have to wait until monday to let my bank know. Very frustrating because I had no idea I would be charged 57.00 for anything.
N  17th of Aug, 2009 by
The # to call and cancel further charges is 866 978-9377. They are quick to point out that the $1.95 was only for 24hrs. The fine print states, if not cancelled within 24hrs, every month your account will be charged $57.61.
I'm the sucker for not reading the fine print but these people are still scam artist.
N  12th of Sep, 2009 by
I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED TOO!!! However they are no longer saying it is a 24 hour matter. They simply said that all they can do is refund like forty dollars! THIS IS HORRIBLE!!!
A  3rd of Mar, 2010 by
I called the number as you suggested. I was told that they would extend my subscription for free for 2 months.
When I complained further about a refund I was told that they would refund $40 for month that I was charged.
For me that was $80.
I was told that the remainder of the fee was going to bank charges for the reversal.
N  12th of Mar, 2010 by

usa grant riches - Anthony Tonzini
New Jersey
Phone: 609-298-2521

They continually take money from a bank account with no authority, how do I stop this practice?
A  5th of May, 2010 by
Yes, I authorized a charge of $2.97 online on April 26, 2010, for information on grants (I believe the information was to be on a CD). On the next day, Grant Riches placed an unauthorized charge of $57.61 onto my credit card. I called my credit card company and complained. My credit card company has put a block on my credit card so that Grant Riches can no longer place charges onto my credit card. Also, my credit card company gave the phone number of Grant Riches: 866-978-9354. The representative for Grant Riches said that I would be granted a full refund within 3 to 5 business days. Yes, I am very angry at Grant Riches for a tricky maneuver.

Samuel T
Cincinnati, Ohio
A  12th of Jul, 2010 by
I agree with Samauel T. and the other people who have been scammed. The same thing happened to me. I authorized the $2.97 and discovered, much to my dismay, that the following day, USA Grant Riches charged my bank account another $57.61 that was very unauthorized! I was furious! It caused me undue stress at a time I didn't need any more stress. After three calls and being told "The only way you can ask for a refund is to send an email to a certain address." The address didn't even make sense being a 'gmail' account. On the third complaint call, I finally spoke to a Supervisor. (I had been told previously that they were unable to call the Refund Department and the only way they could be contacted was through Emails). It was interesting to sit there on hold for about 2 minutes and the Supervisor came back with a Cancellation Number from the supposedely 'unreachable' Refund Department. Still, she said it would take 5 to 7 business days to receive it. I told her I couldn't wait to receive it because the extra charge put me in an overdrawn situation, which then caused the bank to charge me twice (the 2 days it took to deal with it) for the overdraft. So, not only was $57.61 deducted from my account, another $56.00 was deducted as well for the overdraft charges! I had to actually close my debit card account in order to stop them from deducting any more. THIS COMPANY IS A RIP-OFF! THEY NEED TO BE STOPPED AND PUT OUT OF BUSINESS FOR SUCH DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES. I told the Supervisor that very thing...that they were very deceptive in their advertising and that they should put the (one day) trial period and the extra $57.61 charge on the FRONT page and not hide it in their "Terms and Conditions." I was livid and still am! It's ludicrous to lure people in that way.

Laurie W.