online educational institute / total SCAM

1 3867 West Market St. Suite 256Akron, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-261-5415

A total online scam!!! It says that you are being charged 39.99 monthly, but instead it charges 215.00 up front and there is know way to contact them. They do not answer the phone, can not access the web site for problems, no response to online request for cancellation. A huge RIP-OFF!!!

Comments

• Tg
      26th of Feb, 2010
    online educational institute - FULL refund as stated on 02/16/10
    Online Educational Institute
    3867 West Market Street, Suite 256
    Akron
    Ohio
    Phone: 866-238-9201
    onlineeducationalinstitute.com

I have already sent a complaint to the BBB but I will try to include everything again. I purchased the at hone job information from this company on 02/14/10 for $197.00 plus $14.95 shipping. There was another $3.95 additional fee for what I have today been told was for CDss that I never requested or received and I have been told that both the shipping and CD cost are nonrefundable. When I called to cancel the information due to illness, I spoke with Franci at the above phone number and she assurred me that I would get a FULL refund. I have multiple sclerosis and had a relapse requiring hospitalization that day. I then called on 02/18/10 and spoke with Jennifer to let her know that I had returned the information via UPS and they had charged me $9.97 to ship it. I was told just to write "return to sender" on the envelope and give it back to the UPS people. No fee was discussed. I received an email on 02/23/10 that it had been delivered back to the company. I called them today to ask why my account had not been credited and I spoke with Mark who informed me that it takes 7-10 days for a refund and all I would be refunded was the $197.00. After 20 minutes of discussing their awful customer service practices and scamming me, we just hung up the phone on each other. There was no resolution as of that time and there has still been no resolution. I am holding off on reporting fraud to my back until the end of this month but that is all. Then it will be reported.

• Tg
      26th of Feb, 2010

I so agree with you. There phone number is 866-238-9201. Address is: Online Educational Institute, 3867 West Market Street, Suite 256, Akron, Ohio, 44333. I also filed a complaint with the BBB in Akron. GO on line and file one with them as well. I cancelled my account in less than 48 hours and they are trying not to pay me all my money back. THIS IS A SCAM AND IF YOY WANT TO KEEP YOUR MONEY, DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS COMPANY.

• Ti
      10th of Mar, 2010

I have just bought their product and I can not access their site.today is 3/10/2010
    I am wondering what the BBB or other agency who over look those kind of fraud
    are doing?

• Gu
      12th of Apr, 2010

i have been caught with this too .can sum one help me out 2 get my money out of them i have try 2 cancel but have not luky

• Md
      27th of Sep, 2010

Thank you guys for highlighting these issues. I didn't realised that this online educational institute was a scam until I read all of your complaints! I am facing exactly the same fraud I guess after trying repeatedly to log in to their website without any success. Only then, I went to search for their website through the search engine and stumbled across this page/site. Can someone please help me with some advice as what should I do next as I am still being charged the monthly fee! Thank you.
    MDMP.