Online Data Institute / Maryanne Kennedy

8721 Santamonica Blvd.Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
4.6
Phone: 1-800-381-7820
I was charged $197 for services/products I never received from the "OnlineDataInstitute.com", and have been trying to get a refund for 2 months now. I have been given so many excuses as to why I still dont have my refund, from wrong e-mail addess, to non-matching order number to computer problems and errors. If anyone has any information as to how I might get my money back please email me at Tazsgurly@aol.com.
Ki

Comments

Ju
  18th of Nov, 2008
I ordered data online institute today, then read some comments afterwards, being I was having doubts already. I immediately called & cancelled my order, (within 2 hrs. of ordering) was told it hadn't gone thru yet, then was given a cancellation #, then reminded of customer service#. I was told it was cancelled, so I asked why I needed # still and he told me in case there was a problem with funds being cancelled!! It hadn't gone thru yet! What's up with that? We'll see in a day or two, I suppose, if there was a problem or not! Beware!
Ju
  30th of Nov, 2008
I also purchased the $197 package, and I've been getting the same excuses when I asked for my money back. I've sent several emails about my refund, but I keep getting excuses from Maryanne Kennedy's workers.
Aa
  1st of Dec, 2008
I went through the same thing. When they start calling they don't stop. And then they want you to open credit cards in your name and transfer the credit from card to card. Serious red flags!! I did get my refund, but it did take several conversations with managers.
Ru
  13th of Dec, 2008
Having just gotten off the line "twice" and twice because ARNIE, so he says, hung up on me the first time I am totally pissed of how your manager e-amils me saying they work for Maryanne Kennedy and instruct me to call the phone support line. When I do they don't know a :"damn" thing. and when I ask for a Manager supposedly on duty, they say their's not one available. I had to unstruct him on what a personnal account I.D. number was and he didn't even know what a Linking Code was or for what purpose we need it for in order to start working. That's it I want my refund. My patience is totally expired talking to a lot of incompetent fools including your so-called higher echelon.

RUDY RENDON
Ru
  13th of Dec, 2008
I want my refund NOW!!!
Jw
  25th of Feb, 2009
I feel the same as the others that got riped off. I'am filing my complaint through the attorney general office if I don't hear a response shortly . "BEWARE" of anyone who calls & wants you to agree to a personal instructor. Maryann Kennedy, What a ripeoff artist. You should really feel proud to scam people.
Me
  2nd of Apr, 2009
MaryAnne Kennedy, her assistant... the group of people they have answering the phone that you can barely understand... I've been through this for the past two months in trying to obtain my refund. I requested the refund before the money even came out of my account because the second I ordered it I could see I made a mistake. After waiting over-patiently on the phone listening to crappy music for about 45 minutes, some woman who didn't speak clear English asks me for my information then puts me on hold for another 25 minutes. At this point I'm pissed, but tell her I would like a refund, and she simply says "Why?" So after I screamed for a good two minutes and had a smoke, I was off the phone. 8-10 business days they said I would have my money. WRONG. It's been almost 4 weeks, and I called AGAIN, only to get the excuse "We had technical difficulties it will be another 3-5 business days."

Time is up. Where's my money? Probably spent. And so am I. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE NOT EVEN MY OWN WORST ENEMY (though, it would be a great prank). The thing of it is, you need to have money to make money. Not only the $197, but if you read the "modules", you need to give them a credit card number to start doing "data entry", which is really creating ads on Google that cost money but pay out ONLY if someone clicks on it AND buys a product. If you love to gamble, and have money trees in your backyard, then go for it.

Check out this link for the Better Business Bureau. I wish read this sooner. Copy and paste to your web browser.

Gr
  20th of Nov, 2009
I was really hoping this would be legit, but am skeptical, so I took the time to read throuogh their Warranty, Terms and Agreements and all the other fine print at the bottom of the page. It was a joke. Any legal action taken against them will be done so in Naroscia, Cyprus. I didn't even know where that was, so I Googled it. It's in Europe. They don't warranty anything they tell you in their webpage. They literally say (in a load of legal jargon), "Hey, we don't warranty anything we said we do." Oh, and the *Results not Typical should send up a red flag. There was also a discrepency in the name of the Recruiter. They called her Jennifer Davis, and then Jennifer Kennedy. Then I decided to Google the co. and found nothing but ripped off people who've been scammed by them. There I found another discrepency in the Recruitter's name. Apparently she's also called Mary Anne Kennedy. This co. is BAD BUSINESS! I hope all of you who were ripped get your money back, and these scammers get put behind bars where they belong! Thanks to everyone who posted comments like this because I was almost scammed.
Wi
  7th of Dec, 2009
Im very upset my self, because this is ovious a scam. I have been trying to reach this so call data entry institite personnel or online members help!!! and of course I reach only music no live operator, I am very angry because, I am a mother of 7 kids and hoping to make extra money for Christmas now Im $97 less this people are hearthless for steeling hard working honest people their money!!! please please post this so people do not get scam. Thank you, Dolores W.
Wi
  7th of Dec, 2009
I agree that people that feel they have been scam should complaint and complaint and complaint until the person or persons feel that justice has been conquer.
Kp
  9th of Jan, 2010
i just applied for an online job at data entry institute but i do not have a credit yet .since i need a job urgently so that so that i can feed my family.what do i do. my number is 5083732165
Ca
  12th of Jan, 2010
I got ripped off by the Online Data Institute too. They make it so atracting. Isn't there something anybody can do about this scam? I was hesitating to do it, but I did it anyways. I wish I could have read this forum or forums like this.
Le
  23rd of Feb, 2010
They e-mailed me with the same tempting offer. But I'm on disability and need my little money so I decided to google them first instead. I'm glad I did. The woman's name on the recruitment page, the one who said she "started" the company is Jennifer Kennedy. Now I see she has other aliases. Thank God for forums like this that keeps the public abreast of crooks and scam. I pray all of you who have lost your money will get it back.
La
  29th of May, 2010
I just got riped off yesterday!!! I am so sorry you all are going through this, as I am feeling the same for myself. I wrote to the conact, an the number (888)777-8206, it hangs up after 5 seconds. I wrote many email of refund, and told them I would have the officals involved. The bank told me this is fraud, and you all can file complaints, to get money back, and put a police report of what happened with this company. his is the info I will have he banks, and officals aware of. Please let me know what the attorny says, I am on board, to recive my refund, and they go to jail. What a horribale person would do this, when they said to work hard and do this, is this what they were implying. And where did they get all these people statments about the company?
Please let m know!!!

Laslooking

Heres the info I am sharing with what I can here.:::

Customer Care Center

2657 Windmill Pkwy. #587
Henderson NV 89074
Tr
  20th of Jan, 2011
FOLKS...NEVER REPLY TO ANY WORK AT HOME SCHEME! (THEY ARE ALL SCHEMES & SCAMS! IF THESE PEOPLE HAD SOMETHING GOOD GOING FOR THEMSELVES, WHY WOULD THEY WANT TO SHARE IT WITH YOU OR ANYONE FOR THAT MATTER? ONCE THESE PEOPLE GET YOUR MONEY AND INFORMATION YOU ARE MOST LIKELY NEVER TO RECOVER AND AS FOR REPORTING THESE SCAMES TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL...WHAT A WASTE!! THE A.G. WILL TAKE "FOREVER" GETTING BACK TO YOU & WHEN THEY DO THEY WANT BACK-UP PROOF OF YOUR COMPLAINT SUCH AS ALL RECEIPTS, ADDRESSES, NAMES, DATES, ETC, ETC AND IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE SAVED SUFFICIENT INFORMATION TO FILL OUT THE COMPLAINT FORM, THE A.G. JUST LISTS YOUR COMPLAINT IN THEIR RECORDS. THE BEST WAY TO 'TAKE CARE' OF THESE SCAM ARTISTS IS TO HAVE A 'PEOPLES ARMY' GO AND FIND THEM AND BEAT THE [censor] OUT OF THEM OR W O R S E !!