Comments

14th of Sep, 2008

I too had this happen and the money was taken without permission in the amount of $39-85 on the 11th of September. Plus another $1.97 was taken on the 26th of August 2008.. Then I see this $39.85 charge on my account yesterday and I have been trying to contact them but I cannot seem to locate a #, I do not know what this is for. There better come up with a refund lickity split!

• Ju
      15th of Sep, 2008

I had $1.95 taken out of my account on 9/13/2008 so I went looking for this company Online Biz Marketing and I found this complaint. I do not know who or what this is. I have cancelled my card and froze my account and have started an investigation of an unauthorized charge. I reccommend the same to everybody else.

• Do
      15th of Sep, 2008

a rip off!!! They charged a card that is not even active.!!! I am on the phone with them now listening to all their excuses!!! They are however putting my money back so they say.
    phillygurl

• De
      15th of Sep, 2008

They refused to put my money back claiming that I accepted the terms by clicking on their website
    I filed a complaint with the AZ State Attorneys office
    I suggest you all do the same
    The address is http://www.azag.gov/

I just found another tel number for Online Biz and from what I'm gathering from reading all of these posts
    they give our info to other people too
    so now I have multiple charges and different tel numbers on my
    credit card statement
    Tel numbers are 800-749-3304 and 800-349-0698

Good luck! and if anybody has any luck getting their money back please post it so I can have some hope

• Vi
      16th of Sep, 2008

I to, have been ripped off!!! I was looking for something to make extra money only to find out they are many money on me. Any one who has been taken, all I can say is GO TO YOUR BANK NOW!!! Don't walk run to your bank they are the only people that can help you now. Good Luck everyone!!!

• Ta
      16th of Sep, 2008

I too was just scammed. I have been doing research and found another phone number
    1-800-530-6819 I talked with Trisha . I told her I was filing a Federal Regulation Form E and had already placed a call to my attorney and notified the bank.

I have been told that I will get my money refunded within 3-5 days and got a confirmation number.

I got her to tell me the business name
    Business Consultant Consultants
    15029 N. Thompson Peak Pkwy
    Scottsdale AZ
    800-530-6819

I hope this helps someone else.
    Tam

• Da
      16th of Sep, 2008

Holy wow!!! I was just charged 42.83 and 142.40 within 2 weeks, this company said they only charged me 39.95 & 129.95.
    Which is their first lie. I contacted the company with the help of my credit card company and they said that I was to cancel withing 14days or I would be charged 39.95 and then I was to cancel again within 30 days or they would charge me for the year. I never saw anything that said I was to cancel.Cancel what? I didn't get anywhere in the first place. So be ware people you may get another charge for 129.85. I am filing a dispute with my credit card company and showing them all these reports. Thanks for everyones help.

Dawn

• Me
      17th of Sep, 2008

I had the same thing happen they took a $1.95 on one date and 38.95 on another and I can't find an address either or phone number and would like to be refunded also. It's not right for these places or companies or what ever they are to be taking money from somebodies account without permission.

• Ar
      17th of Sep, 2008

My credit card was charged $39.85 on August 6th and $129.85 on August 23rd.

I absolutely did not conduct any business with these rip off artists

• Pa
      19th of Sep, 2008

My credit card was charged $129.85 on July 28, 2008, and when I called to protest they told me I was too late to have the money refunded, but they were so kind as to cancel all future monthly charges. I thought that was very generous, considering I hadn't even authorized any charges.

20th of Sep, 2008

I too have been scammed. They have debited my account for $129.85 this morning and $39.85 on September 4. I did click on an add on Google about a month ago (08/21) for some information on government grants and this is how they got my info. They charged my account $1.95 then and I never got anything that I know of. I am investigating and called my bank Monday morning. This has to STOP.

• St
      21st of Sep, 2008

That's just insane! :( ** PROFIT from GRAIGSLIST **

I receive a email about how to ***** profit from Graigslist *****
    They charged my account $1.95 on 08/27 for instant access on the informations... then and I never got anything... and 09/18 they charged $39.85 I just realized today...
    ...
    if you receive a email and can not open the link now, just "MARK AS UNREAD" and open again.

good luck !!

I PASTE THIS FROM THE WEBSITE LINK THAT I RECEIVE:

Our guarantee is simple, if you don’t make money or are dissatisfied with the product or service just call our customer care and arrange for a refund of your $1.95
    It’s 100% risk-free and a great value for the wealth of information available to you immediately. To cancel, you must call 888-321-9861 M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm
    PST within 14 days of the date you ordered. If you elect to take advantage of this offer by checking this box you agree to be charged $39.90 to your credit card
    for joining NBC Group, LLC unless you cancel within the trial offer period. We will not have to ask for your credit card or your further contest in order to charge
    you. NBC Group, LLC will charge your credit card monthly the membership fee above in effect at that time unless you call to cancel, in addition
    to a one time fee of $129.90, which will be billed 30 days from the date you ordered if not cancelled. You must be 18 years or older to order.

22nd of Sep, 2008

i agree with all these complaints and want to know if anyone has gotten their money back yet? I was looking online for a phone number and found this complaint board and could not get over everyone else having the same problem i am having. I AM FURIOUS and I am sure ya'll are too! What can we do/what can I do? thanks for any help/advice

22nd of Sep, 2008

I AGREE THIS COMPANY TOOK MONEY THREE TIMES FROM ME BE FORE I REALIZE IT . BANK OF AMERICA GIVE US THE NUMBER 1800 749 -3304 THEY ANSWER THEN PUT YOU ON HOLD AND NO ONE ANSWER MY BANK IS DEALING WITH THEM.

• Ke
      23rd of Sep, 2008

I just had the same thing happen to me. I was charged $1, 95 on 8/29 and then charged $39.85 on 9/12. I never recieved anthing and I trying to contact the number but these people are scam artists. I to am pissed off about this

• Li
      23rd of Sep, 2008

I think I can help some people a little bit maybe.

I called my credit card company immediately and they considered my number as stolen that very minute so no more charges could be made on it. Also they said don't worry about that amount (1.95 and 39.85) that they will put it in dispute. Also I'll get a new number in 1-7 days. Try working with your credit card comany and tell them you've tried to resolve it with them unsuccessfully. I think most credit card companies will do that for you.

Hope I helped someone!

• De
      25th of Sep, 2008

I just found this same charge on my account on 9/2/8. I'm going straight to my bank to deal with them. I think they got my credit card number from a legitimate charge I made so beware of Grant search.com. From online biz/marketing my info sent/sold to several companies possibly all in cahoots to steal money from unsuspecting people. Keep on top of your accounts and deal immediately (within 30 days) or the bank can't/won't help.
    Also watch out for businessfund.com for $1.25 and $7.95 charges.
    The worst is bizsytm also in Scottsdale, AZ that charge was $129.85 which alerted me to the others as that charge caused three bill checks bounce incurring $75 in charges.

26th of Sep, 2008

September 25th, 2008

OnlineBiz LLC, Online Business Systems LLC
    ONLINE BIZ MARKETING / MARKETING SCOTTSDALE AZ
    1-866-4176350 / 800-7493304
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    admin@affiliatecustomercare.com

On July 2nd, 2008 I got this email allegedly from "GOOGLE" saying you could work for Google and they will send you "the package" with all the instruction and positions available for only $1.95, so I signed up for it and my card was charged in that amount, which it’s all I authorized.

When I got my credit card statement that month, there was a charge of $39.85 for "ONLINE BIZ 800-749-3304 AZ" on July 16th and for some reason I thought it was something else I bought online, so I didn't pay attention to it.

My next statement was normal, but when I got the last one today, there were two other charges for the same amount of $39.85, so I called the bank immediately.

The people from the bank told me I had to have the charges reversed by the Online company, so the guy from the bank gave me the company name and phone number (which by the way, IT IS NOT THE SAME LISTED ON THE EMAIL THEY SEND YOU NOR THE ONE ON THE C.CARD STATEMENT and I guess that is why I was able to speak to someone instead of an answering machine, which from what I read, is what most of the people complaining has gone through.

The phone number is 1-866-417-6350 and there is a guy answering. I forgot the name he gave me, I was too upset. We discussed the matter for a very long time. Very frustrating, he didn't seem to care at all and had this ironic tone on his voice, talking to me like if I was completely wrong and the crazy one.

He said I agreed to the charges, so they were non-refundable and end of story, it was my fault, not his and next time I should read terms and conditions better and that I should check my credit card statement more often. I asked for a supervisor, but I believe it was the same guy the two times.

Very rude man, kept cutting me off while I was talking, saying that I was yelling at him, when I had no reason to it, as I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT IT WAS A FREE TRIAL, NOT A ONE TIME FEE and if I didn't cancel the service within 14 days, I will be CHARGED THE SAME AMOUNT MONTHLY FOREVER.

I tried to go back on their website, as I am sure I never accepted anything like that and I wanted to prove it to him, but I’m not sure if the website doesn’t exist anymore or only “them” have access to it, as it says I am not authorized?? I know for a fact I never accepted any terms & conditions. All I got from them was an email, which I never even opened; I left it aside to have a look at it at a later time. On that email there is a document named “Terms & Conditions” which I just read and it’s ridiculous. I never accepted them; I only have them on that email, but they weren’t on that website and they don’t have my online signature of approval. I want my money back! I have lost so far $121, 5 and I am afraid they will keep charging my account.

I explained him I work hard for my money and what they were doing is a RIPOFF, a SCAM. He said "lady, we help people to make more money", but what they really do is steal our money!! All they do is that, get customers like me and who know how many more, that believe is an official GOOGLE type of deal and if it said $1.95, that is what you will be charged, but it is not really that way and then they won't pay you back. He said when I signed up I agreed to the Terms & Conditions, therefore they weren't stealing from me or anyone else.

Anyway, the conversation with him was too long and useless, to write it all down and he wasn't going to help me. He said they will reverse the last charge and that was all he would do, but from what I read in other posts, that doesn't happen and the charges get even higher.

I called my bank again and they said even if we agreed to the charges, it is still fraud and we can still dispute the charges in the event they keep trying to bill me. The lady told me to keep the confirmation number I got from the guy, as a proof that I canceled the service and if they try to charge me again, they will dispute it right away as well as all the other charges.

I work really hard for my money and I am not going to give it away to some group of thieves abusing people. Get a job and work for your money as we all do. Don't steel!

I am going to go as further as I can with this. I will get my money back some how and I will track them down. I'll do my best to get him or them in jail and they will pay for all of us going through this nightmare. People like this should not be out freely. Any helpful information is much appreciated.

• Te
      27th of Sep, 2008

I also got ripped off, I checked my account today and I notice a $39.85 was taken out of my account. I don't know what for but I am going to call my bank right away to stop this they did not have my permission to take my money.

• Mi
      29th of Sep, 2008

Same thing here. These guys are ridiculous. If you say you didn't authorize this, they just laugh and say you should have read the terms and conditions. It is a shame that our governemnt allows companies like this to function. We are spending 700 billion to "bail out" the economy, but we allow scams like this to prey on the general population... That makes a lot of sense. Chalk it up to life lesson, and never do these STUPID online "money making/losing opportunities" again!