Online/biz-marketing / withdrew 39.85 from account unauthorized

1 Peoria, AZ, United States Review updated:

I have had numerous c harges on my credit card from this comapny 39.85 and 129.85. My credit card company had to place a fraud alert on my account and cancel my credit card. I did not authorize these charges.

Comments

• De
      16th of Sep, 2008

I have also had numerous charges on my credit card from this company 39.85 and 129.85. and another 39.85 My credit card company had to place a fraud alert on my account and cancel my credit card. I did not authorize these charges. I don't think i will ever see my money back because they claim that I accepted their terms when I clicked on the confirmation email that they sent me.
    I have contacted the AZ State Attorney Generals office and have reported them to everybody and anybody that will listen and I hope that they get caught for what they are putting people through
    They are also very RUDE and even "uppity" when you call to ask them for a refund of your "hard earned" money!! I don't know how they sleep at night.
    Anyway after doing some investigating today, I found that the address that they list ( and also give you if you ask for it) is also bogus. The address is 15029 N. Thompson Peak Pkwy, Ste B-111-620 Scottdale, AZ 85260. We called another businesses in that same building and they said that they do not exist but they do have a box there.
    I urge all of you to also file complaints with any and all agencies. And if you can think of a way to help get them please email me. I would also like to hear from anybody who atually got their money refunded to them, either by that company or by their credit card company or bank.

26th of Sep, 2008
    Online Biz/Marketing - Charges to credit card

If you signed up to receive the Google work from home packet, this is the company that collects the $1.95 service fee for it. You have to retrieve your confirmation packet and cancel your subscription or you will continue to be charged $39.85 a month.

18th of Oct, 2008

I also have a charge on my credit card for 39.85 with a description of "ONLINE BIZ/MARKETING"
    This is an unauthorized charge and when i called the only number i could track down for them or i think was theres. they resonded with i need to call after 6am to even find out what it is i am being charged for.

• Si
      30th of Oct, 2008

My experience also. I responded to an unsolicited e-mail (shame on me) accepting an offer of free Google Ads software if I agreed to pay a shipping charge of $1.95. I agreed and submitted my credit card number (shame on me again). The software never arrived. When my credit card statement arrived there was a charge for $1.99 and another charge for $39.85.

I called "Online Biz Marketing" and was put on hold, no one ever picked up. I called my credit card company, the customer service rep. for the credit card attempted to call "Online Biz Marketing" and got a recording advising the number was no longer in service. She informed me that she would put a block on further charges from "Online Biz Marketing" but that I would have to pay the $39.85 charge since in the credit card companies eyes I have given the merchant approval by submitting my card number.

The following month there was another charge for $129.85. This time the merchant's name was listed as NBCGP. I called them and, indeed, they were also "Online Biz Marketing." I told them I would refuse to pay their charge and requested they refund the $129.85 to my credit card account. They refunded the complete amount.

This was a serious wake-up call for me with respect to how I order items over the internet and I won't be fooled again. It is a shame that "Online Biz Marketing" has put so much effort into obfuscating the truth of how they do business rather than putting effort into marketing a desirable product. They may not be breaking the law but they are certainly walking a very fine line and clearly they are attempting to prey on people who make the mistaken assumption that "Online Biz Marketing" is an honorable company.