Online Biz / Did not order

Phone: 856-467-3328

I thought I was paying a one time 1.95 and now find out I was billed an extra $39.85
And would continue if I did not cancel. They did not tell me that . It is a rip off company

More Online Biz Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ro
      11th of Aug, 2008

I also just found out that this company charged me the $39.85 without my authorization. I linked to them through careerbuilder.com, where they had an ad placed stating they would give you a list of companies and resources to successfully work from home online for $1.95. I bit and after finding out that the list was just a bunch of useless pdf. crap that didn't tell you much of anything, I said, oh well, I'll eat the $1.95 just for being stupid enough to fall for the scam and never thought about it again. The next thing I know I have a credit card charge of 38.95 that I never authorized.

After you pay the 1.95 they don't just send you the stuff to read, they make you log onto some obscure site (http://admin.affiliatecustomercare.com/Logon/logon.aspx) in order to access the information and once you've accessed the information and discovered you've been ripped off, then they send you all these BS links that lead eventually to the same BS reading material and the last link they send they bury a monthly charge of $39.85 because the information you've logged on to access is some "14 day free trial." I didn't even get to the last link, it took me just 2 links to understand that they had just made an easy $1.95 off me.

This is a scam! I've been trying to figure out just who these people are and you can't just plug in Online Biz (name I got from my credit card company, phone no. 1-800-749-3304) and do a search and find them. I called the number provided by my credit card company and they give you some guy who says he is just a phone service that takes calls during non-business hours, so I think they are probably out of California. I am just starting to investigate this company but there is no doubt that they are all over the internet with any search that includes the word "scam."

Once I get more information I am planning to post it. I am reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and any online fraud sight that I can find while doing my research so that other people can be assured that this company is fraudulent.

• Gl
      19th of Aug, 2008

I went for the same deal, but then read Terms of Service. I called immediately and told the answering service to cancel IMMEDIATELY. I have reported this to every Gov. and Media Org. I can find. Let's put these vultures out of business.

20th of Aug, 2008

I fell for that scam as well. I put out the $1.95 to an as I saw in Career Builders. I had forgotten about it. This company had nerve enough to call me to ask why I had not activated the account and the would send me another password. When I could not get on with the password, I put the web site address in and found this forum. So I called the "customer service" number and got "Mike" with the "after hours" call center. I asked Mike how it could be after hours when it is 11:00am here? He said he was in Arizona and he was also the overflow center, so they must have heavy call volumn. I then explained to him that I needed to speak to someone about an unauthorized charge and that my bank is investigating if I don't get a resolution. I told "Mike" that if I did not reach a person with the company, then I would be giving his information to the bank as a contact when they investigate. He assured me that if I call back I would get someone from the company. I said okay, I will try again but I needed to leave a message also, since you are the "over-flow" and "after hours message center". So he took my name and customer ID #. I called back and the phone rang for awhile, I guess the "over-flow "had "over-flow"then I got "Amy". I told her that I am investigating and unauthorized charge and would like to cancel. She gave me a cancellation number and I insisted on getting her last name. She assured me that the only charge would be the $1.95. We will see...

• Ro
      27th of Aug, 2008

I fell for the same crap but when I told my son about it he was suspicious. He did a little research and found this site.

I'm a very cautious individual but this scam got me. I called my credit card company and canceled my $1.95 charge. They told me to watch my statements closely for any future charges and if they appear, call them immediately. Nobody answered the phone when I called the "the company?" but I did get a notice of cancellation to them via one of their message systems for support.

• Sy
      2nd of Sep, 2008

yes i feel the same way .

• Br
      9th of Sep, 2008

I just paid for this site, I hope this was not a mistake, guess I better call the bank tomorrow. I hope I didn't make a mistake by trusting this site. I have been to so many sites, and this one seemed trustworthy. Would appreciate any info. anyone comes up with. My email brenda.wolfe10@yahoo.com.

Thanks for your info emails
    God Bless our need not to get ripped off.

• Ly
      11th of Sep, 2008

I just ordered the information for $1.95. Then I denied getting the credit card they wanted me to order, as I have all of the credit cards I need. I immediately denied the charge to my credit card company.

• Yo
      12th of Sep, 2008

the same thing happened to me.i thought one time fee $1.95 but after 15 days i found another $39.85 unauthorized charge i don't even know what is that for?this real scam, watch out guys.

• De
      15th of Sep, 2008

This is a scam!! They took me for $39.85 2 times and $129.85 one time. I'm out over $200.
    Cancel Cancel cancel NOW!!!

• Ca
      16th of Sep, 2008

Same as others. First unauthorized charge was $39.85, second was $129.85. They are going to refund the second charge but not the first. All future charges are de-activated. What a hassle. And I still was ripped off $39.85.

• De
      5th of Oct, 2008

I got all of my money back!! I did contact the AZ State Attorneys office and found them to be very helpful
    I suggest that you all do the same
    They have a link right on their website to do this
    Good Luck!

• Me
      7th of Oct, 2008

Hi,
    I do not have a business although I was thinking about having one from home working online. The company was online biz or business. I paid a one time fee
    of $1.95 and later charged $39.85 to my credit card which I did not authorize.
    Then again they charged my card with $129.85. I called to dispute these charges.
    They said ok and I thought it was over until the $129.85 appeared on my card.
    They were very rude and finally they cancelled. I want them to credit my card since I cancelled. They somehow never had it written anywhere. How convenient.
    Now I have to show proof that I cancelled or I will be rebilled for these amounts.
    I don't think this is fair at all and something should be done about it.
    Thank you.