Onida Service Center - Bangalore / Totally incompetent service staff

Onida Microwave
Onida Service Center - Bangalore
www.onida.com

This happened with the Onida service center, Bangalore

I bought a Onida microwave in Dec 2006. It broke down sometime in April 07. The timer just wouldn't shut off and would reset to some high time like 50min all by itself.

I registered a service call on 5-may-07 and they finally changed a component on 28th June (after 8 weeks). The first time I had a chance to use it, I had the same problem again and I reopened the complaint.

It has been 2 months since and they have not fixed it yet.

Every time I call them, they say "the Service Engineer will visit tomorrow" and it has never happened. On 5 occasions I took time off from work and stayed home but nobody turned up.

It has been going on for 2 months now. This is for a new product I bought 9 months ago; it is still under warranty and was only 5 months old when it broke down

The service staff is totally incompetent. They have no clue what is wrong and do not have the tools / knowledge to address calls.

Va

Comments

• As
      2nd of Oct, 2007

I have bought a Onida Fully Automatic Washing Machine One Year back within 4 months i had problem with the washing machine the Belt got spoiled. We put a complaint in the Payannur Service centre there Service executive came only after one week and did the necessary things and went. But this time it is Heights we out a complaint on 22/09/2007 and today is 02/10/2007 nobody has turned up when i asked them the mail id they didnt have one for complaint redressals and there is nothing in there site for the same
    I Fully agree with above comment and advice everybody not to go for Onida Products

• Ki
      10th of Apr, 2008

I have purchased a Onida T.V. Unique Collection 2100 Series model. Now the picture inTV is visible properly. It has become black for some time and then it starts visible but not that much clear. I hope tube might have become weak. Those days 60 channel was maximum.

Now I want to know the cost of the tube and increase the channels, for that where whom I have to contact. I couldnot able to findout the phone No. to discuss direcly. Please reply me soon.

29th of Apr, 2008

Agree.. Big mistake to buy Onida. I had an IFB Microwave and it ran without a pause for 8 years and still runs.
    I bought a so called fancy Onida 22 CTS25 Microwave and it has already broken down twice in the last 2 years. And every time we have to beg, plead and scream to get a service engineer to come over. Last time I had to call up the MD's office in Mumbai and threaten to file a consumer complaint, before an engineer turned up.

• As
      12th of May, 2008

please call me my number

• Ka
      9th of Jun, 2008

PLEASE FORWARD THE BELOW LETTER TO THE ONIDA COMPANY

Sub : Complaint on performance of new 'Onida' Deco Glass model 1.5 ton split A/c. - reg. Complaint No. 76380136 Dt. 2nd June 2008

Sir,

I have purchased one Split Grill Air Conditioner of Onida make, 1.5 ton on April 25, 2008 from Vasanth & Co., Tambaram, vide. Invoice No. 10710000025640 Dated 25th April 2008

It was assured to me that the said Split AC provides the best service and is of the best quality available in the market. Being induced by such assurance and/or being allured thereby, I purchased the said split AC.

One of the representatives (Mr. Hendry & Jaiprakash) of Vasanth & Co., visited my place for installation of the said machine. On 12th of May 2008 (as we were not in home for five days) we have lodged a complaint vide complaint No.81038 and after inspection, they found that the gas was not there in the equipment.

And after rectification, it was shocked again the same problem for incurred on 2nd of June 2008 and we had complained vide complaint No. 76380136. Inspite of several phone calls and several follow ups with your Tambaram and Nungambakkam Service Centres, representatives Mr. Senthil, deputed by Mr. Eelamperuthi, they informed me that there exist some manufacturing defect in the said Split AC and I should get it replace from the point of purchase. I informed the entire facts to Vasanth & Co.us . who informed that their duty is only for sales and NOT FOR SERVICE and hence the company has refused to entertain such grievance.

The act of supply of defective Split Ac in collusion with the retailers by ONIDA and subsequent dramatic recipient to replace the same with new one is contrary to all rules and the same is also violative of principles of legitimate expectation. The customer purchase the product with the expectation that the product will be of genuine quality and such illegal act from a company of your repute and esteem is arbitrary, unreasonable, contrary to law, bad and unconstitutional.

In the premises, you are called upon to look into the matter and replace the said Split Ac immediately, with letter of regrets.

T. KANAGARAJ
    99419 38565

• Su
      10th of Jul, 2008

Please telme the customer care address of onida in Bangalore

• Mu
      27th of Jul, 2008

I completely agree. The customer service sucks to the core. I bought a DVD player which the company claims through its ad is the best. Problems started within two days of purchase. Complains over complains, no response.

Recently their service telephone numbers are also disconnected. Looks like they have run away from Bangalore fearing a widespread revolt.

Check it out folks!

Adonis Customer Relation Centre
    Bangalore
    Tel: 25576075/25576076/25576077/25576078/25280122

The company must stop fooling customers.
    Hope I would have read this blog before making my purchase!

• Go
      9th of Aug, 2008

NO PROPER RESPONCE FROM THE SERVICE CENTER

• Km
      31st of Aug, 2008

I had purchased a ONIDA Microwave Oven from Devi International, Jayanagar, B'lore, when they informed that I have to inform ONIDA Service Centre for installation and demonstration. Accordingly I informed Service Centre and they gave a Demo No. and said their technician would come next day. Next day I contacted them at about 4 pm and informed that none has come to instal the Oven, when they said person would come by 6 pm. But no show on that day. Next day when I contacted them, they informed that the technician would come by noon and they gave me a mobile no. and asked me to contact that no. I tried several times that cell, but message was, line is busy. Now it is 5 days since I requested for a demonstration, but no response sofar. Request this mail may be sent to their Main Office for their information and immediate action if any they can.

• Je
      31st of Aug, 2008

I am facing same issue. I had bought onida micro wave in Dec 2007. There was an issue with its door. So it will not get locked properly and will not start. I have raised the compalint with them one month back. one guy cam and had a look and said need to replace the screw and will drop by tomorrow. No news from him for 2 weeks. Not sure what to do. Everytime I call up the service center they will ask for 2 days to fix it up. Is going on & on. Is there any way we could escalate the same.

• Na
      16th of Sep, 2008

I agree with all the above people about the service Onida is providing it to their customers.

I have their washing machine and lodged complaint 4th Sept 2008 by telephone as well as mail.

Till now, today its 17th Sept 2008, no one has turned up for services.

Its pathetically bad and I suggest not to buy their product here onwards.

• La
      6th of Nov, 2008

I agree with their late servic. In there customer service no body take care. call never pass to customer servic officer. I would like to know their customer servic number

• Pr
      17th of Nov, 2008

I BOUGHT A MICROWAVE OVEN FROM DAS AGENCIES, PALGHAT IN 2006 ASSURING FOR THE GOOD SERVICE IN ALL OVER THE COUNTRY. I BELIEVE ONIDA HAS THE GOOD WILL ALSO/
    BUT ONIDA CHEATED ME. NOW I AM AT KANNUR AND THE OVEN IS NOT WORKING
    CONTACTED THE SERVICE CENTRE MANY TIMES. NOW THEY STATE THAT IT IS NOT
    REPAIRABLE. PARTS NOT AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET. WHEN THE OVER IS NOT SERVICEABLE
    PARTS NOT AVAIBLE WHY LOOKS FOR ONIDA FURTHER. I LOST FAITH IN THE PRODUCT ONIDA.

• De
      1st of Dec, 2008

Even i agree. We brough a Washing Machine 1 year back. We hardly use that but still the rotating tread got damanged and had to be replace which took around 15oo and now the power on button has problem thinks this will take another 15oo. so already spent 3000 for a 8000 rupees washing machine. And very difficult to reach customer services. Only way is through net and it might take months to gether.

• Pr
      30th of Apr, 2009

I fully agree with you. I have an Onida TV that required service on two occasions, but again the experience has been terrible as explained in the link above. They just keep answering you as tomorrow and also names the service engineer as ' Suresh' who would attend to my complaint. But he never does. The people who answer the calls seem to be as shameless enduring all abuses because of the incompetent bunch of the service department. I advise anyone looking for an Onida product to drop this brand from your consideration unless you want to end up as a hapless customer.

6th of Jun, 2009

I bought a 29' television last august and a few days back it just shuts off and refuses to switch on. Tried calling all the possible ondia service centre numbers in the booklet provided but they seem to be dis-connected.
    Called up number 080-41343000 on a weekend and they said a person will call you on a weekday to fix your tv because there work timings are 9-6.30 p.m and sundays closed.
    Anyway hopefully this is not just a false promise and they actually will come to fix my tv.
    But I've learnt my lesson will NEVER PURCHASE an ONIDA product going forward.

• Vi
      24th of Oct, 2009

I agree, onida service center sucks. my onida tv baught recently had some problem. i called service center custmor care after few day they showed that was also after constant calling to custmore care. Name of the person was Irshad, This bugger keep on telling me for last 2 weeks that he will come today and fix the damn thing. he never shows up + he inact tells me to come home as he is nearby only. many times i have taken time off from office and later u call him he will never pic up calls.

i am sick of this onida guys specially IRSHAD (You suck man)

12th of Nov, 2009

NEVER GO with ONIDA in you LIFE time for any of the products. SERVICE in bangalore is PATHETIC.

12th of Nov, 2009

ONIDA SERVICING in Bangalore is a UTTER WASTE. Do Not go with ONIDA products. Both Washing mAchine and DVD player i brought are down not working and ONIDA servicing cannot repair them permanently but they can make them work temporary.

• Co
      24th of Nov, 2009

Onida service centre in indrangr is a waste... Its been one week since I logged the complaint, no body turned up...tlaking to them is an irritating task... they're not intersted to talk to customers n say the tch will come tom, day aftr... it never happens...very bad customer service