The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In

Onida - Microwave Oven / Accident during cooking (almost lost my eye)!

1 India Review updated:

I have recently purchased an onida microwave oven, power convection 21 litres. As told to me by the person in charge, in the egg plate given to us, i broke the egg, put masala, covered it and put on 100 degree temp for 1 minute to cook. When it was done, i took it out suddenly when i was taking it out in a plate, it popped off on my face and in my eyes, it was soo hot that i got a burnt in my eye, in cornea. Nobody in onida customer care center answered my question as to why it popped up suddenly?

I tell you people not to buy this product as they are least concern about the customers. I would have lost my eye...

Sort by: UpDate | Rating


  • Fl
      18th of Oct, 2007
    0 Votes

    None of the microwaves available in India mentions that an egg will jump and burn any eye!! Of course it was an accident but why do you blame Onida for that? I just bought this set today.. will check the performance and then put my rating in Mouthshut.

  • Bn
      1st of Nov, 2007
    0 Votes

    This has happened due to super heating of the eggs. Microwave water and other liquids do not always bubble when they reach the boiling point. They can actually get superheated and not bubble at all. The superheated liquid/ egg will bubble up out of the cup/ plate when it is moved or when something like a spoon or tea bag is put into it.

    To prevent this from happening and causing injury, do not heat any liquid for more than two minutes per cup. After heating, let the cup stand in the microwave for few minutes before moving it or adding anything into it.

Post your comment