Onida / Flat Tv / The actual view for 29'' TV is 27'' only!

1 India Review updated:

I bought an 29'' Onida Flat TV 6 months ago and lately when I checked the actual view of the TV, I found it to be only 27'' inches. I was shocked to notice this difference. The company has nowhere stated in their manual about this difference. I then lodged an complaint at Onida call center [protected]) on 26th Mar 07. Complaint No. [protected]

An engineer visited my house who advised me that this is a standard across all TV companies and nothing can be abt this. He said that the tube is actually 29'' and the actual view would be 27''.

Not satisfied by the explanation, I then took contact numbers complaints in charge both located at Onida House II, Andheri (E), Mumbai-93:

Mr Rajiv Bhatt - [protected]
Mr Shatrugana Deshmukh (boss to Rajiv) - [protected]

I spoke to Rajiv who also advised the same reason as explained by the engineer. On insisting to send me an explanation in writing, Rajiv honestly said, we cant give this in writing. When I said that I need this in writing anyhow, he said I have already posted a letter at the residence on 5th April 07, which I have not recd till date.

I have tried to contact Shatrugana a couple of time but seems he a very busy person.

I feel these people realize that they have cheated the consumers in terms of not disclosing the information that 29'' is the Tube size & actual view is only 27''.

How do go further from here & what I do now? Can someone pls assist.

Comments

• Rv
      17th of Apr, 2007

A copy of email to Onida:

I bought a 1.5 tonne Split Ac 1.5 (Onida) from m/s Vasanth & Co, Tambaram, Chennai-600045 last May-2006.

Though I was charged for 4 warranty service at the time of purchase, only once your service personnel visited during Sep,2006, that too after our call to the Service Centre several time.

after that no one visited us doing service. The Air conditioner is under Warranty. I face some problem with remote control for the last 10 days ( no display). Pls ask your service personnel visit us immediately to rectify the problem. Further, the air conditioner could not be operated on manual mode, which causing inconvenience to us.

I am NOT able to log complaint to your service franchisee on the given phone nos., i.e044- 22262010/22413334, as both phones are always on "busy" mode.

Pls ask your personnel to contact me over phone on my mobile 09380519133.

Hope you would help us to get service to our Aircondtiioner immediately.

Thanks & Regards
    R.VASANTHA KUMAR

18th of May, 2007

Onida is not a very good company as customer care is totally bad.

The Ondia people behavior is not very good with customer.

I have registered a complaint regarding my TV fault because of some picture tube trouble and customer care assure me that by evening one engineer will definitely visit to resolve this issue but since now I am continuously giving buzz to those people but it seems that they don't want to do any work.

Do please do not purchase any ONIDA product. I am also breaking my relationship with ONIDA by throwing away my faulty tv to Dustbin. It means i am throwing away ONIDA to Dustbin and this is the good place for ONIDA.

And change your "Neighbors envy, owner pride” to “Neighbor happy, owner annoying.”

Man Mohan Sharma

3rd of Oct, 2007

Hi,

I have purchased Onida 1.5 Ton A/C nearly 5 months back. While buying they (Kumaran & Co, Vijayanagar, Chennai) have promised me 4 free service. Till this date after installation no one has come for service.

Kindly advise what to do smb.

Saravana Kumar. D.

• Ar
      13th of Nov, 2007

I purchased Onida 21 " slimline TV 3days ago,
    1.On/off switch didn't work returned got a new one
    2.New one vertical lines didn't go away
    3.Changed again and now vertical line is faintly visible
    in the middle can anybody explain the reason?

I bought this in spite of sales mans comments not to buy slim line (Vertical projection type) TV since they are not yet proved!

8th of May, 2008

YOU GUYS ARE 100% RIGHT. ONIDA IS NOT A RIGHT COMPANY TO BUY !!! I HAVE PURCHASED TWO A/CS OF ONIDA, 1 AND 1.5 TONS AN YEAR BACK. I HAVE RECENTLY LODGED COMPLAINT THAT THE A/C REMOTE IS NOT WORKING. THE COMPLAINT WAS LODGED ON APR 30TH AND TILL DATE NO ONE HAS TURNED UP. INCIDENTALLY NO ONE HAS COME IN FOR SERVICE AS WELL FOR THE LAST 1 YEAR. I WOULD LIKE TO CAUTION ALL READERS OF THIS EMAIL NOT TO GO WITH ONIDA FOR ANY PRODUCT AS THEIR ATTITUDE TOWARDS CUSTOMERS IS NOT AT ALL GOOD. YOU CAN CONTACT ME ON ANANDHAP@GMAIL.COM TO KNOW ABOUT THEIR WORST BEHAVIOUR. THANKS-ANANDH / ADAMBAKKAM. CHENNAI.

• Pr
      12th of Jun, 2008

I had purchased 4 Onida 1 Ton Split AC for my office a 10 months back. After going through the other comments i could know that they offer free services. One of my AC is out of order from last 2 months. After constant follow ups one person came after 15 days to say that he is not able to find the fault. Then again after vigorous follow up one man appeared to say that one person will come to check the unit. Again after followups i was informed that the repair will be charged to me to some extent, though it is in warranty i agreed as there was no other way left. After that also till date i am only getting time and assurances but nothing is moving.
    Please do not purchase any ONIDA product as,
    1. There Products are not technologically updated.
    2. They are faulty many times
    3. They virtually do not have any service backup.

Conclusion is Please pay Rs. 1000-2000/- extra to buy a product from a good company who also have a very good service backup.

Please say a BIG NO to ONIDA products to save money time and joy of life.

• Bo
      16th of Jun, 2008

i have purchased Onida 21" black200 nearly 10 months back. While buying they (star electronics, 231, kumaran road, tirupur) have promised 1 year warranty.but from last week our t.v not in good working condition. so we complaint to customer service center (jayam troniks, 13/10, bharthi streeet, valipalayam, ramalakshmi theatre backside road, tirupur-641601). But they not take any remedies till now a date they did not give any responbilities, respect to our's. so you please take action for this problem and give solution's as soon as possible. .

Bose.p
    1/232a, meenampaliyam 1st street, avarapalyam road, veerapandi [post], tirupur-641605.
    mobile:9787835644

• Ga
      17th of Sep, 2008

i gautam sail resident of sainiwas silvanagar ponda goa really feel by heart that i have done greatest mistake in life by purchasing onida ky thunder last 1 year 3 mths back complaint was launched to m|s Kanekar 3 days after technician has come and made a stmt that youke was gone and it will take 3 mths to get that part is the company in so worse position or the service people are in worse condition by now it is almost 1 mth we are wtht Tv should i further go that this onida is one of the worse tv company for service or immediate remedy will be given to this Regards

• Ga
      18th of Sep, 2008

give feedback fast otherwise i will go to media immdtly n i will see to that onida companysale of tv will be shut down very soon atleast in goa to all useless service providers of onida

• Va
      4th of Nov, 2008

Hi,

I am residing at chennai. I bought a Onida 29'' TV on jan 2008.
    For the past 3 months i am getting some black lines on the centre of the screen. I thought it was some current distribution problem. But later when i shifted my my house i found the same problem. So i request someone to help me in complaining about this fault to customer care centre. Kindly give me customer care numbers or any source to contact them.

Vasu

• Sr
      9th of Jul, 2009

yes its true guys onida is the worst company in indian electronic markets we have bought a washing machine hydromatic 32 toploading 19months before it problemed during the 9th month repair in the control board we have complaint to the customer care but no response at the starting after a long struggle they came to our house and repaired it but now it had problem again there is a leakage of water again we complaint more than three times through telephones and complaint directly in personal in customer care office but no response can any one give the address or email ids where the complaints to be forwarded

• Sk
      6th of Oct, 2009

I too agree ONIDA TV should be keep in Dust Bin only. Their performance and taking care of Customers is too bad. I had a bitter experience with ONIDA TV. Please break the ONIDA's image.

• Ra
      21st of Jan, 2010

Break the image is the right word for people who have high Mission and Vision only as letters and not in action.

Break ...Break...Break.