Onida DVD / Zero customer service!

1 India Review updated:

I bought a onida DVD last year with in six months the lens not functioning. I complained to onida customer care "Adonis customer relation Center" in nungambakkam. Then technician came and told that the lens is not functioning, so we will replace. For the past one month they told " we have no stock" so i want to mail the complaint, but there is no mail address. They have the branches all over the india, but there is no mail ID to customer care.

They are willing to sale only, not for servicing the customer. SO DON'T BUY ONIDA PRODUCT; CUSTOMER SERVICE IS "0".

Comments

• Di
      26th of May, 2007

Onida ( ky thunder 1200 ) this tv not working properly since purchase (2 years ago). Do not buy it.

• Pa
      19th of Jul, 2007

You are correct. They are a big fraud. I bought Onida DVD player 3 months back and same issues as yours. Somehow got contacted and then the technician came home.. he said part need replacement and he will bring back tomorrow. He took the part and never came back for last 2 weeks. He is not picking phone either and nobody is responding emails though.

Hope for the best, rest I will have to consumer court course otherwise, sadly though.

• Mi
      12th of Sep, 2007

Onida's Afetr Sales Service is pathetic..I talked to the customer care dep..they said that they will send a tech to home..but the parts is already been taken by the tech and was waiting for replacement..onida dont know abt the status of their product and want to sell cheap things wth no after sale support..so please think twice before any onida products...

• De
      14th of Sep, 2007

hello adonis customer reletion center,

u people dont have sence to update correct ph no in the service centers booklet ,ph no is now not working and i dont feel u pepole will give good service to the customer i am trying to call bangalore rajajinagar service center telephone no is not working i have purchased the onida dvd player last year oct 2006 now remote is not working ,and this is the warning i will go to service center today evening if they dont responed to me i will blast them like any thing

vast service center

• Gn
      22nd of Oct, 2007

I am staying in Bangalore, I had purchased Onida DVD player In metro last Two months back, The DVD Player not getting loaded when I put the DVD CD it will take time to play after five minutes it shows Un Known DISK. I tried to contact your service centre but I dont get the service centre numbers. Please get me the service centre Numbers in Bangalore.

My Conct No : 9916256339
    Landline Number : 080 23638885

• Sh
      18th of Dec, 2007
    Onida DVD - not functioning
    Onida
    India
    onida.com

I purchased a DVD with great expection of good quality product and service from onida,with in a year the product has shown its true quality, and i called the local service center to lodge a complaint and found the staff at the reception and Ms Keerthana who is an incharge speak very arrogantly and dint know a bit of courtesy. They were crude in their conversation,Although i had a valid warrenty card with date and retailer's seal, they insisted on purchase bill. No where in the warranty card , its mentioned that the bill also has to be produced.they were trying to nullyfy the warranty on some pretex or the orther.

• Gr
      18th of Jan, 2008

AS I HAVE PURCHASE A DVD PLAYER TWO YEARS BACK THREE DAYS BACK IT GOT PROBLEM WHERE I HAVE TO CONTACT YOUR SERVICE AGENT OR SEND ME THE CONTACT NO AND ADDRESS.

• Si
      22nd of Feb, 2008

I totally agree on the comments made. I bought an Onida TV and lodged a complaint. The technician said the particular comolaiut does not come under wsarranty and |I agreed to pay but inspite of this they are yet to fix the problem which goes on for a month.

We can change the slogan"'' Owner ashames Neighbours Pride''.

• Tu
      2nd of Mar, 2008

Dear Mr. Sivram,

May be u don't get service properly, that is so frustrating really. I am employee of onida. I am also so frustrated about that incident. So plz send ur complaints on my officail email id (tuhin.santra@onida.com), i want to show ur complaint to my management what will give u solution and also mentioned ur location, what will help us to give u proper solution.

• Ad
      29th of Mar, 2008

I had complained about my Onida 21 IQ colour television on March 9, 2008. Now after 20 days of the complaint, i feel like cheated, insulted & decepted.

My Name : Aditya Gupta Mobile : 9818532271

Complaint Number : I1528 ( with Delhi Onida Care Point )

Nature of Complaint : Video & audio not coming, Light/Power indicator glows on & off.

On March 12, 2008 Service Engineer came and taken my TV's PCB to the service center. He told us that "there is some problem in Power Supply & in one IC, it will take 3-4 days to rectify it and will cost around 1200 INR.

After 5 days on March 17, 2008, I had called ONIDA Customer Relation Center and talked to Service Engineer about the proceedings, He said that it will take another 3-4 days to rectify it.( response was in very rude manner )

On March 24, 2008 i agained called ONIDA Customer Relation Center, he was absent on that day.

I again called on March 25, 2008, Service Engineer said that he is not able to identify the problem & it is not possible to rectify the problem. He suggested us that we should change our PCB. He said that he will put New PCB of same Onida 21 IQ MODEL for Rs 2500. We agreed and allowed him to change the PCB.

On March 26, 2008 Service Engineer came with new PCB and he replaced it. I was not present at that time as i was in my office. My Mother had attended him and identified two problems :

1. Video and Sound were not clear at all.
    2. Power ON/OFF and Menu Buttons were missing on television.

He said he will comeback with the required kit, taken the amount Rs 2500, given her the BILL and went away.

After coming from Office, i noticed that apart from the above problems, many features that were in old PCB are not in this new PCB now. Even my old remote is not working at all.

On the very next morning, i called Service Engineer and told him about the problems.He said he will come on Saturday.

On Friday March 28 evening I reminded Service Engineer and taken the time of his arrival, so that i will be available. He said he will come by Lunch.

On Saturday March 29, 2008 at 3:30 p.m. I called him. He said very rudely that he is busy now and he will come in the evening but he didn't come at all.

I am really fed up of calling Service Engineer again & agian.

Now I am humbly request Onida Authority to step in and take the quick, sharp & necessary action to rectify my television problems.
    I hope ONIDA will try it's best to maintain the customer faith & esteem.

• Ad
      1st of Apr, 2008

Problem solved, thanx to Onida officials for their quick action in return of the mail I forwarded them.

• La
      14th of Apr, 2008

yes they are froud with us . onida compny not give any service and replece pices I buy onida dvd player after 7 days I have problem in dvd player I call custemer service center then they told me you have come our center then I was give the player in service center ok then I till wet for for service

7th of May, 2008

I bought Onida Airconditions, one 1 and another 1.5 T an year before. I could find both split a/c's remote was not working. Trial started here...

Apr 30th, I have lodged a complaint at their call centre. I was given complaint no.824 from a local guy, saying that May 1 is being a holiday, 2nd of May someone will attend. Then I called them up on May 4th and the answer is someone will attend on the same day. Till date no one has come and to be frank this service centre is located just 3 kms from my residence. A guy who attended the phone on 6th May identified him with his mobile no. 99410 09869 by the name Fedrick, informed that he is responsible for attending this issue on 6th May and till this time no one has turned up!!

I would like to approach consumer forum and if you guys has some proof you can contact me by email as well. I have recorded all my conversations with these guys and sure to take this stealing deals by ONIDA.

Thanks
    Anandh / Adambakkam, chennai

19th of May, 2008

i am having a onida 29 inches television KY Thunder...there is some problem in its picture tube...so i want it to be get repaired...my address is C1/f second floor, Mansarovar garden, new delhi

• Ra
      21st of May, 2008

ravindra mishra
    9820544189
    ravin.mishra@rediffmail.com

I bought a onida DVD two month before with in two days the lens not functioning. I complained to onida customer care in mumbai. Then technician came and told that the lens is not functioning, so we will replace. For the past one month they told " we have no stock" so i want to mail the complaint, but there is no mail address. They have the branches all over the india, but there is no mail ID to customer care.

please support if onida customer care realy willing to solve problems.

• Ek
      2nd of Jun, 2008

i bought onida AC from jail road, (west delhi), there was mentioned to get three services free in one year. now by 7th of june time wil be over but nobody has come for servicing. there is some noise coming from a/c and cooling is not good too. i told to the agency people too but they said to contact service centres. i have tried service centre numbers so many times but all numbers are either incorrect or nobody is picking up the phone. please contact us asap.
    my name is ekta verma
    my address is be-239, street no-5, second floor, hari nagar new delhi
    phone number:- 45510987/9350648688

please help us to solve my problem.

• Pr
      1st of Jul, 2008

Dated 13 june2008

To,

Customer Response Cell,

MIRC Electronics Ltd.

ONIDA House, G-1 MIDC

Mahakali caves road, Andheri (E)

Mumbai-93

Sub: Service Request

Dear Sir,

I had Purchased ONIDA 21 Black NEO Carrying Sr.No & Model No. CO21FRSBL-4033074 (03/2008) in the month of April 2008 from Chopda, Dist: Jalgaon, Maharashtra-425107, and due to relocation at Dist:-Ahmednagar, Maharashtra. I’ve not opened & used it. Before two days ago I switched ON it. TV was worked total less than 8hrs and switched off automatically (why I don’t know). You are requested to guide me what to do? I am seeking help from near by ONIDA service center. The list given in manual has no service center at Ahmednagar.

What help can get me from you? Please do needful as soon as possible.

Your early response will be highly appreciable.

Thanking You,

Prashant M Mahajan

refering above email which i send to ONIDA customer care. till date problem is as it is. The quality is very poor.

• Mu
      13th of Jul, 2008

I dont know how to increas KY Base. IT is increasing only upto 45.

• Ha
      21st of Aug, 2008

I bought a onida DVD at the ending of June month of 2008, model-5990, with six month of vorenty . New piece was already defective . I complaint to onida customer care on 04th july 2008" at mumbai region my complent no is 08070446380205 . Then technician came after 36 dayes and told that there is problem in power supply, so we will replace. After 36 dayes they came and replace the power supply, but the same problem was there.then he told me i have to take it for repair to the service centre at kalyan.till date of today the problem is not solved, and DVD is in service centre only, again i contacted service centre people, they told me that we have no stock of part, to rectified the problem that part has to came from our vasai godown then only we can repair DVD. till date on today that is 22-08-2008 problem is not solved. i want to mail the complaint, but there is no mail address. They have the branches all over the india, but there is no mail ID to customer care.

• Ha
      26th of Aug, 2008

I have complaint for DVD player, which is under waranty to onida customer care on 04th july 2008" at mumbai region my complent no is 08070446380205 but still date of today that is 27 AUG 2008 ther is no response from service people.
    As on today 53 DAYES are over