Onida 29 / Pathetic Customer Service

India Review updated:
I think i made the biggest mistake of my life by purchasing ONIDA TV. I bought a 29" Poison 400 in Dec 2006. Its less than a year and the customer service that i got is nothing but hell. with in first week, i had to get a replacement (not so easy) as there was some serious problem with the TV. Later one fine day it didn't even turned on. After making couple of calls,service engineer came, he opened the box did something and said loose contact of some cables inside. Now again i have problem with color. Engineer came on 4th Dec, opened box, did some soldering saying loose soldering problem(i really wonder how many things will be left loose in a TV which is less than a year old). After all this, the problem still exists. Engineer said will send a vehicle to pickup TV and send it to service center for repair. I am sure this will take min 3-4days to get the TV back from service center. So, far i haven't heard from him. From yesterday i have called customer care (Bangalore, 4134300) and the concerned engineer almost 6times, but no one turned up till now. You know that TV is the main source of entertainment, i asked for a standy TV during the period when mine will be taken to service center for repairs. Now everyone is passing buck to someone else saying they cant do, without even listening to what i am trying to tell. I spoke to almost 4 people (whom the previous person says is a manager and has the authority to decide on providing a standby), but of no use. every person tells me to contact some other person. some even disconnect the call when i was talking. As my warranty on this TV is going to expire, i thought of going for extended warranty. But thanks to your extraordinary customer service, i dropped my idea.

My humble request to all the people who are thinking of buying ONIDA products, please dont buy any of ONIDA products, unless if you want to get lot of headache and tension free with their wornderful n world class customer service.

Its not Owner's Pride, Neighbors Envy, but its "Neighbors Happy, Owner's Annoyed" and its "Nothing but all wrong"

Comments

An
  8th of Jun, 2009
I do really agree on your statement, i had bought the tv in the same year 2006 and even when i try to put it on i really donot know whether it is really ON or not till 2 minutes and have to wait and see and some time i really get embrassed when some of my friends and relatives come home and now it is giving lot of trouble and making lot of sparking sound for which i have given a complaint but there is very poor response from them, i think i have made the biggest mistake, really i do regret now as my friends and relatives were aganist bringing this television i would have heard them i thought atleast the service would be better but i am repenting
I am thinking of throwing this out i dont know but i have paid for it
I suggest or say as you a humble request who ever wants to buy a TV

sorry but i didnot have any words to describe the very goodnesss of ONIDA but to copy paste your last two paras
Ar
  2nd of Aug, 2009
Same with me, I have been constantly hearng a sparking sound from inside the "ONIDA Black Neo" set which I have bought more than 1 year back. Can anybody tell me what is the part that needs to be replaced/ how has anybody rectified this. This is because I have been reading a lot of blogs now which says if contacted/whenever contacted to Onida service center, i will definitely get a lot of headache and that too without any propoer solution as the TV will definitely break down after 6 months and then nobody willl ever turn up.
Should I rather go for any local television mechanic? Please help. I do not want it to burst inside my room.

Arnab
As
  29th of Mar, 2010
Last month only i Bought a onida ultraslim300 Tv, after that i am facing lot of problems like picture tilting issue, colour patching issue and one side speaker not working. For this reason I locked the complaint on March 12th 2010, After two days I made phone call to service center, Bangalore .then only one technician came and checked the Tv and he told not possible to repair here it has need to take service center, service van will pick up the TV, then he left. After two days no one came from service center to take the tv again I made call to customer care(most of the time they are not pick up the calls), Bangalore, then van came and picked up, till now TV not yet returned. Whenever I make a call to service center his answer is “still in repairing status” .I am so tired. I never expecting this type service from Onida, I am really fed up .I no more recommend to buy onida product to anywhere.