OneEmailADay, LLC / I was billed and I have no clue who they are!

NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-567-7303
I received my ATT phone bill and I have 2 charges from OneEmailADay, LLC for $14.95 each. I called and the lady told me that my husband had filed out a survey and provided our phone number and we have been being charged this monthly service fee for a couple of months now. I get my At&T phone bill online so I did not check the bill until this month I noticed it was a great deal larger than normal.

Comments

Ri
  16th of Oct, 2008
They hit me a few months back, , and said that I had selected through a website, and also that they had my e-mail adress, along with my phone number. It happened during an online survey. The only way that this could have happened is if the web page loaded with it checked, and I missed it. Rest assured I will take no part in any online surveys again!

Upon contacting them a third time, I get th same thing, , , , 48 hrs etc, , etc, , will only refund two months even though it is against company policy, , , , etc, , , etc, , , , . Will let you know how it goes. Dang I hate prechecked boxes, , , , , , .
Ci
  31st of Oct, 2008
They got me in August but I just noticed it this month so I guess they got one over me for a couple months. However, since so many people are having trouble getting it canceled and money refunded, I called AT&T. The lady I spoke with said not to worry, my money would be refunded and she put a Third Party Block so nobody can ever charge my phone bill with something again.

Of course, she said, this won't work if you've bundled cable, satellite or other things, which luckily we haven't.
Ni
  16th of Nov, 2008
I just got this charge as well. If they will not reverse the charges I will call AT&T and cancel my phone/internet service all together.

Ridiculous.
Am
  17th of Nov, 2008
I have being billed for MONTHS without knowing...And this isn't the first company that has done this to us. It's totally ridiculous that this is allowed to happen! Can't this company be shut down for fraud or theft??
Ma
  19th of Nov, 2008
Today, Nov 19th, I called AT&T also, regarding the above plus another AmericanVoiceMailLLC and they at first gave me a hard time after I had to hold for over one hour to speak to a representative. My husband got on the phone because I was crying and they finally gave him another phone number to call, etc, etc., etc., etc., I do not know what these companies do, but I am old and sure don't need whatever they do or don't offer. The number they told me to call was a nasty foreign man who told me he was with the FBI, and my husband was really mad. Finally they told us they would take it off my bill, but if it on there next month, I will not pay because I have contacted 5 different numbers including AT&T and it seems no one cares. As above they need to be shut down for fraud and thievery.
Mi
  21st of Nov, 2008
I too have been hit with this bogus charge for a service that does nothing, I called the number for ONEEMAILADAY, LLC and they said that I took an online survey and in doing so agreed to sign up for this $14.95 + 6% sales tax = $15.85 and that they would not issue a credit to me, they did however say that my account was canceled at my request and gave me a confirmation number ( we'll see how that goes ) but what is really bull here is that AT&T had to say yes to someone for this to show up on my AT&T bill and I am totally disgusted that they would allow such an offshore 3rd party company to be associated with them.
I'm really P/O about this and AT&T better do something or my money is going to a different phone company altogether.

Mike from Traverse city, Mi
El
  5th of Apr, 2009
I agree, I just received an email congratulating me and stating the following :
"GET MORE WITHOUT SPENDING MORE!
A $14.95 monthly recurring fee will be billed on behalf of OneEmailADay™ "OneEmailADay Monthly Service Fee" on the ESBI bill page of your local phone bill. However, OneEmailADay™ and your local telephone company are not affiliated. Your first charge will be billed on or after the 15th day of authorizing this service and the service is only $14.95 a month billed on your local phone bill. Remember, you can cancel service at anytime. If you cancel the service within the first 14 days you will not incur any charges. After that you can cancel your account at any time and you will not incur any additional monthly service fees. However, if you choose to cancel your service, you will lose access to your benefits. Billing will start on your next phone bill.
Billing will start on your next phone bill for the number: "

I don't understand how they could get away with this.
I did not even receive a confirmation email to make sure they had the right person before billing your phone bill.

How could I file charges against this company?
Re
  22nd of May, 2009
Same company charged my account however it was nothing I did online or any other way. The person that did wasnt even me, nor someone I know. I went straight to AT&T to report this.

Apon calling the "one email a day" they told me the name of whom these charges were for. All I know is I better not see these charges again.

One would think seeing how this has been happening over 2 years now (from what i have found online via Google) that this company would be reported and closed down.
Ju
  21st of Sep, 2009
PARDON ME BUT I NEVER TEXT IN UPPERCASE, EVER BUT I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH SOME LADY FROM THIS "ONE EMAIL A DAY" WHATEVER THEY ARE AND SHE TOLD ME SOMEONE ELSE USED MY NUMBER FOR THIS SERVICE. I ASKED HER WHAT THEIR VERIFICATION PROCESS WAS AND SHE PUT HER DANCING SHOES AND NEVER ANSWERED THE QUESTION. SHE SAID THEY GIVE THE NUMBER A COURTESY CALL AND IF NO ONE ANSWERS THEY'LL LEAVE A MESSAGE. THAT IS BULL ###!!! LIKE EVERYONE ELSE, I TOO MISSED THIS THE FIRST TIME AROUND BUT BECAUSE I SLIPPED, I WILL BE CHECKING EVERY FREAGIN' ITEM ON MY BILL. LIKE BUSH SAID, 'FOOL ME ONCE...SHAME ON YOU, FOOL ME TWICE... WELL IF YOU FOOL ME AGAIN YOU WON'T DO IT TWICE!"

I'M AM ALSO APPAULED THAT AT & T WOULD ALLOW THIS TO GO ON. I AM CANCELLING MY ACCOUNT FIRST THING IN THE MORNING!
Co
  4th of Feb, 2010
i watch every bill closely, so i caught it immediatly. called and was told it would be removed. two billing cycles later had to call again and they became combative. filed a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission.
Da
  21st of Feb, 2010
I never look at my phone bill. I suppose I have a very high regard for the integrity of Verizon, NEVER AGAIN!! I happened to look at it this month and noticed the OneEmail A Day and wondered what this was? I phoned their center in New Jersey inquiring what this was. Blocking unwanted emails was the only answer I received. How did they know what emails I did not want?? The young man said that I had signed up for this service on the web site www.uspricedraw.com. I tried to access this site with no success. After raising some degree of hell I was told that they would credit my account with $89.76 [6 months]. I could have got more if I had saved all of the phone bills on which this appeared. Who saves old phone bills?? I am highly disappointed that Verizon would allow their company to be a part of this scam!!! I was told that I was sent an email acknowledging my signing up for this service and also a phone call. I asked to see a copy of that email and knowing that all calls are recorded, I asked to hear a copy of my voice receiving this call. I received neither. Do not accept this fraud!!!
Up
  17th of Mar, 2010
Did anyone ever get their money back from these people. Also when you asked them to cancel the this did they cancel it?