Onebills.com / scam-misrepresentation

Phone: 866-923-1420

I needed an anti-virus and was online when an ad for an anti-virus popped up. I entered my credit card# and thought that I downloaded the anti-virus only to find out that it wasn't working. Now, I get the last statement and found out that I was charged 3 different prices in one day (July 4th)-consequently wnt over my credit card limit. I tried contacting onebills.com but my calls couldn't get thru. I went to ask.com only to find out that there has been numerous complaints on this company for scamming(?) What do I do now? Get a new card#? Do I still get charged for going over my card limit?

More Onebills.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Al
      20th of Jul, 2008

It's funny, this happened to me just last night. I contacted my credit card company immediately after I hit the secure payment button when I noticed the information BELOW the continue button that stated the 3 charges. Get in touch with your credit card company and explained what happened...if you didn't get a confirmation email or anything then you have been mischarged and you should be able to dispute it. Though, it was awhile ago that you purchased it? I'm not sure what they will be able to do.

• Su
      20th of Jul, 2008

I have had the same problem and it has been a nightmare. I have now written the FCC and reported the scam.

• Wi
      20th of Jul, 2008

Hello people. The FIRST thing you should do is contact the Federal Trade Commission. They will issue, on line, a complaint number. THEN, hassle your bank. The bank should NOT be accepting any charges from this company, but if you read your cc statement, you can only "allegedly' dispute charges over $50.00. Hence, they (onebills.com) charge $49.95.
    IF your bank does not respond in a positive fashion, then also file a complaint with the Controller of the Currency.
    I have only once, but the bank get back to me and made adjustments within a week!

• Ki
      20th of Jul, 2008

Hi all! My name is Kimi, I actually work for Barclays bank that services alot of CC's. I received a few calls about this and was researching it for my customer when I found this site. What you can do if you can't get ahold of the company is to call your CC company and dispute the charges. This can only be done once the payment has posted to your account. Then I noticed some of you were charged an Overlimit fee, I'm not sure how the other CC companies work but our company if they see this is in fact Fraud by the Anti Virus companys part will credit you back all the fees you were assesed when this took place. I would definatly look into it and ask ask ask. Most companies will not tell you the options so you really need to ASK. I hope this is helpful, Have a blessed day!

• Gu

onebills.com
    Pueblo
    Colorado
    Phone: 719-510-0952

My husband went online to buy a virus control program. We have never been charged by that company, but have been charged by a company called onebills.com for two different amounts. They will not answer their phone.

• Ke
      21st of Jul, 2008

Onebills.com And their client [who pretended to be microsoft or an affiliate] ran a very aggressive ad program proclaiming to be from Microsoft, claiming that I had no firewall protection. To continue to using my computer would be unsafe. To continue I had to buy an update for microsoft/Windows program. After several days of not being able to use my computer because their add would shut down my computer after interrupting any program, website or project I was trying to operate.

After I finally relented and purchased their program, my computer could not recognize the publisher. Their automatic voice helper wanted me to turn off my existing firewalls they said I did not have.?? The week after I discovered Onebills.com had added several others charges to my account, enough to cause an overdraft on that account. Thats how I discovered the ONLINE THEFT!

• Da
      22nd of Jul, 2008

i have just been done for £284.97 on an anti-virus scam after computer told me i had been infected with 2800 virus. Awaiting bank investigation. Most of these complaints appear to be in the USA

• Di
      22nd of Jul, 2008
    Onebills.com - Money stolen
    OneBills.com
    Plattsburgh
    New York
    www.onebills.com

Stole over 300.00 out of my account had to close my account also and now I have lost everything. My son is in oakloma where I cant even fly him home, until i get enough money to do so. BEWARE OF THESE PEOPLE, THEY SUCK YOU DRY!

• Sw
      23rd of Jul, 2008
    Onebills.com - ripoff
    Buffalo
    New York

I had a problem using website, purchased anti virus ware and still couldn't access site, want my money back.

• La
      24th of Jul, 2008

I have bought xp pro 2008 antivirus and when i have installed it, my pc fall down. I think you must don't work with the company who send it. I went on forum xp pro and i'm not alone in this case .

• Mr
      24th of Jul, 2008

IHave been charged 3 times on the same day totalling 118.28 for something i have not ordered

• St
    Onebills.com - Anti-virus scam
    OneBills.com
    England, Wiltshire
    United Kingdom

Somehow this company got their malware onto my wife's computer. What this then did was throw up a warning saying that her anti-virus had expired and that her computer was at risk and contained viruses. It then froze or closed whatever she was working on. It then directed her to a website where Microsoft Anti-virus could be purchased. Everything about the warnings and advert was designed to look as if they originated from Microsoft and that the purchase would be of microsoft anti-virua as part of the windows defender package.

I had already installed McAffee onto the laptop and scans showed that there were no viruses present.

Nevertheless, concerned and unable to use her laptop, my wife clicked on the link and perchased the anti-virus software. Again everything about the site was designed to appear as if the purchase was from Microsoft of a genuine windows product.

It was not until she4 received a credit card bill that the name of OneBills appeared, who appear to be a Spanish company with a charge for about £80.

Needless to say the anti-virus software she bought is not recognised by Windows and I won't let her run it in case it does more harm than good!

• Ce
    Onebills.com - Unauthorized billing on credit card
    Work First, Inc.
    Farmington
    Maine
    Phone: 207-778-3200 Ext. 22

On July 19, 2008 we received three unauthorized charges on our credit card from Onebills.com. One was for $34.95, one for $24.95 and the other one for $49.95. I have no idea who this company is or what the charges are for. When I went on line to find out about this company, I found it to be a huge scam. How do I get the charges removed?

• Mr
      24th of Jul, 2008

I strongly agree to you because that same sad story happened to my computer last night.My transaction with billingware.net had been cancelled but they charged me of 2171.95php on my credit card...they charged me at onebills.com only to find out that onebills.was a scam.The problem now is on how to take back the amount they had taken or will they returned it back????anbody concerned please answer this...thank you

• Wa
      25th of Jul, 2008

I have been recieving charges on my credit card for this antivirus software.I did not authorize a purchase, I only wanted to read what the software was all about.I have been billed for the same thing several times, and then I have been billed for as little as .75cents more times than I can count.DO NOT ORDER OR USE THIS SOFTWARE PRODUCT.I cannot even get ahold of them to have them stop billing me.

• Ni
      26th of Jul, 2008

The very same thing happened to my laptop and I was billed for approximately 35 pounds. When I scanned my computer McAfee did not find anything wrong. I, like other people was concerned about my machine and so bought the IE Antivirus thinking that it would provide me with additional cover.

It is very important to spread the news about this scam so that others are not caught by these fraudsters!

• Ro
      26th of Jul, 2008
    Onebills.com - NONPERFORMANCE
    3912 FONTAINEBLEAU DR
    TAMPA
    Phone: 813-243-9728

COMPUTER CRASHED WHEN SOFTWARE UPLOADED. HAD TO HAVE LOCAL COMPUTER OUTFIT TAKE AWAY COMPUTER TO CLEAN IT UP. WANT CAPITAL ONE CHARGES ($34.95, $49.95, $24.95) REFUNDED.

• Da
      27th of Jul, 2008
    Onebills.com - Not only scammers, but hackers too
    Onebills.com
    www.onebills.com

Just last week my computer got a virus, nd i didn't catch it in time, i let it sit two days, went to the STORE to get my spyware and virus cleaner, by the time i got it done i went to my bank statements, saw that a company called onebills hacked into my info nd stole over 200.00 dollars out of my account. I called my bank right away to get it straightened out, if this happens to you don't wait call your bank, credit card company, whatever it takes, nd as an 18 year old who is unemployed at the moment. I can not afford to be in debt already, not only scammers but hackers too, EVERYONE BEWARE!!! Tip: act fast on these kind of people, they have nothing better to do but steal people's hard earned money, nd always check your bank statements at least three times a day because this world is cruel and i don't trust no one anymore.

27th of Jul, 2008

I dont know who this company is or what they sell but they have done some drafts out of my debit card and I want my money back