One Way Photo / digital photography equipment

5409 18th Ave, Brooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 928 779-1966

I am a professional photographer and have been for 21 years. I ordered 2 Nikon D700 cameras, a hand grip battery pack (attachable to the camera), and 1 extra battery for the camera.

Oneway photo did a "bait and switch". The camera price changed after thee advertised price. They upped the price ssaying that the D700 advertised had digital Japanese and I had to speak Japanese to operatte it. They also said it was flimsey plastic, so they upgraded the 2 cameras to the "American model". I researched this. There is no such thing as a Japanese model. There is only one D700 in existence.

The battery hand grip is a support battery fort he D700 digital camera. All pro cameras have this option. I ordered the Nikon MB-D10 for $259.00. They sent me a cheap after market battery hand grip for the Nikon price. The cheap version costs $99.99 retail on the web.

They sent me a special "Nikon" battery for $199.00 that was needed for the D700. I was not Nikon and it was not needed. There is no "special battery". The real Nikon D 700 battery costs $39.00 each on the web.

They charged me $250. 00 insurance for the package and said it was New York state Law. This, I found out, is a lie.

The re-stock fee on the website said it would cost 10%. The receipt I received in the post with the delivery of the equipment to my studio said the re-stock fee would be 15%.

For me to send back the entire order would cost me over $800.00. I was, therefore, forced to keep the up-priced D700 cameras. I have sent back the phony Nikon battery grip and the phony battery. I could not recover the $250 faux insurance.

The service personnel were rude, hung up repeatedly on my studio manager, berated and insulted her when she was finally able to talk with them.

I was taken advantage of. My order was falsified. The staff at One Way photo were deceptive and, at times, actually out right lied about the order. One Way photo should not be in business. The business community in the NYC area will suffer because of the One Way Photo business practices.

I have suffered a stinging loss. I will do no further photographic business in the NYC area. I just can't afford to.

I swear that all I have said in this complaint is true and can be supported by paperwork.

Sincerely,

David L Edwards
928.779.1955
Flagstaff, Arizona

Comments

Ad
  11th of Nov, 2008
i just placed an order with them yesterday and found out today that i had to call today and confirm my order which was actually a huge sales pitch where they tell me the battery that comes with the cmera will only last 10 minutes and i need to buy the 300.00 battery i declined and told them to send me just what i ordered and hopefully i will get what i ordered!
Ad
  20th of Nov, 2008
Nicole i called back to get a shipment date and was told the cameras wouldn't be in until the end of november, i was able to cancel and didn't see any charges on my card. i would still be a bit skidish of this company.
Ma
  16th of Mar, 2009
I had similar experience with the same company. I ordered jvc GZ HD30, camcoder. As they told I called for confermation of that order. They told me I have to pay saparately for the battery of the camcoder and other necessary items which used to along with the order of the camcoder. But I cancelled that order sensing a surpand under the flower.