One Washington Financial / Credit Reporting

One Washington Financial
I was late on December 2008 mortgage payment. Received a check on January 27th which I needed endorsed by lender (One Washington Financial) before I could deposit it, so I drove to bank immediately and spoke to a Mortgage representative, Madeline. I told her I would run the signed check to my local credit union and deposit it, then make an internet payment through Bill Payer Services. I asked if this would be a problem since it had to be paid by January 31, 2009 in order not to be delinquent. She said there would be no problem at all as long as it was received before February 1 (Sunday). When I checked details of my Bill Payer account, it indicated the mortgage was paid January 30, 2009. I then called the bank on the next business day, February 2 and they said they just received a paper check in the mail making the payments late resulting in a 60 day late for December, and 30 day late for January. This should not have happened! The information given to me was wrong! I spoke to the bank manager and he said nothing could be done but was willing to change reporting records to the Credit Bureau showing a 30 day late in December and 30 days late in January. My credit FICO score has been harmfully lowered due to the bank representative's misinformation. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?