One Touch Direct / Windstream / repeat calls and failing to remove my number

1 Tampa, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-586-6706

8 calls in last 30 days from the number listed above. Last call this evening from them and again they hang up just as I answer, computer generated call that had no operator to solicite me. They are calling on behalf of windstream trying to sell me a bundle service that I have. Each of the 8 times they called I returned the call asking to be removed friom the calling list. Each time assured that I would not be bothered again after 8 pm. Just the same lip services that they give me each time I call. I have recorded each of the calls and documented who and when I talked to them. Today the just went to far and I did some research and found the ceo ronald bensens home phone number and called him. [protected] he was probably eating dinner so I left him a message to remove my name and phone number from his list.
If you have the same issue and call him at home please tell him that brian gave it to you and he will get your name off the list.

Comments

• Te
      20th of Oct, 2009

I use to work for this company they suck and treat thier employees like dirt!

• Je
      21st of Jan, 2010

I work for One-Touch Direct at Tampa.

I have to say that the agents (like me) me are told by the floor managers /team supervisors never to remove anyone from calling lists even if they request it. The dispensation for that ruins everyone's day.
    Basically, as an agent, it affects your conversion of sales to calls ratio, and that's what we get paid on. It's also what the managers get their bonus on. What we convert makes money for them.
    It's better for the agent (and the team manager) to dispense the call with a "wrong number" or "dead air" dispensation on the computer screen when we end the call. This way our averages are not diluted.
    We have been told the same thing by the senior management of the company plenty of times.

It's really not the fault of the agent but of the company. They treat us badly, and they pay us poorly (8.25 an hour) for what we have to do.

Hope this helped people to see where the problem started.

If you have a problem, call One-Touch Direct, at their switchboard, and let them know about it. The more that call in and swamp the switchboard with complaints the better our chances are of getting sensible management decisions, better pay, realistic targets and a lower turnover of staff.

• Jt
      5th of Jun, 2012

I worked at One Touch Canada we called for
    Windstream and were only to say we were calling
    From us. Managers put so much pressure on us
    To force customers into taken internet services they
    Didnt want even without a computer. We werent allowed to
    Hang up even if customer said not interested. The place
    Is a revolving door of employees 10 ppl fired one week
    All for silly reasons i may add and 10 new ppl being
    Trained the next week. These ppl dont know how to run a company
    At all. Windstream is a losing company to begin with who
    Has 3 mb internet to offer when competitors offer at least
    12 mb. Anyone who gets a call " on behalf" of windstream
    Hang up immedietly and block the number or tell them
    The customer is deceased. These idiots dont quit till they rip u off.
    If u wanna complain about a windstream call call one touch at
    905-684-7273 . Or call windstream and tell them there telemarketers
    Are rude and obnoxious. Put these ###s out of business for good