One Stop Grant / membership

1 Detroit, MI, United States Review updated:

I was online doing survey and I came across an ad for how to apply for grants.The shipping & handling was $3.87 in which I pad. But at the end of the ad it stated that $49.95 would be taken out of my account, as soon as I read that I called the Help center and cancelled that membership and it was told to me that NOTHING will be taken out of my account.And on February 19,2008 a total of $49.95 was taken out and it caused my account to be overdrawn.

Comments

• Bi
      22nd of Feb, 2008
    One Stop Grant - Unauthorized Cahrge
    One Stop Grant

Similar to another complaint here, after my wife signed up to get a Grant Consultant CD for what appeared to be a $3.87 cost, our account was charged an unexpected additional $49.95 on 2/6/08. Then on 2/19/08 came another unauthorized charge of $49.95 from One Stop Grant. We did some googling to try and find them, with no success. We attempted to call the phone number that was listed on the charge, and got a generic answering machine message to leave a message, with no Company identification info at all. We were able to contact the original Grant Consultant people and cancel our account with them, but the contact there said that they knew nothing about One Stop Grant.

17th of Mar, 2008

Unauthorized charges on my credit card!

• Wb
      10th of May, 2008

Fraudulent charges to credit card! Started receiving charges to my card without any prior knowledge. Suspect this is connected with the scammers of GN performance, the scammers charging $79.95 for a bottle of green tea tablets. The scam is the same, $x.xx for shipping, them getting billed for some extravagant amount. I will be filing charges against these people.

• Fw
      3rd of Jun, 2008

I have the same problem, can you give me a # I can call to stop this nonsense!!

• Me
      5th of Jun, 2008

Help - I have called that number listed and it's generic greeting with no identification. Is there a better number that I can reach?

• Me
      21st of Jun, 2008

About two months ago the same happened to me and i looked it up. I found this complaint board after I called and got the same answering message. I threatened to take action and "Mindy" called me back. I got my money put back on immediatly because the card I used was a government card. I talked to "Mindy" several times only because I had used a card that was through the government. The reason I am on this website today is because I just got a call on my home phone asking if my number was ONE STOP and if I was Mindy? What the [censored]? I am not happy at all. AT first I didn't realize and said this was a private household after he asked if it was a private party. I have a feeling they are using my number now. something will be done. REAL SOON. This is out of hand. Keep this site up n I promise someone will be investigating and contacting you all.

• Fw
      28th of Jun, 2008

Melissa do you have a # I can call to stop these BS Charges?? Thanks for your time and help.

• Ge
      22nd of Jul, 2008

I had this amount 49.99 taken out of my checking not once but
    twice. I dont remember asking to join this at all. I will callthe
    bank and whatever it takes to have this removed. thank you.

• Ta
      25th of Jul, 2008

I checked my bank account and found that one stop grant got 27.73 from me. I didn't receive anything inthe mail saying I ordered anything.

• Ge
      3rd of Aug, 2008

this company was deducting 49.95 from my checking account
    for last 4 months before i caught on. I have since filed a complaint with bank and called the co. they must travel around
    because the address i have is in utah although the phone number
    is the same. I actually talked to a real person at 866-531-5313
    who told me i would have to write a letter which i did. They did
    return the july payment of 49.95. I doubt that the rest will be
    returned any time soon. I have cancelled the debit card I was using and have a new one. Guess need to pay more close attention each month...good luck jerry st peter

16th of Feb, 2009
    One Stop Grant - charges
    New York

This company is the worst. They took money from me about six months ago, I thought the situation was rectified back then when I was reimbursed. The other day I check my checking account and see another unauthorized charge from them. So I call the number listed and they say they no longer provide customer service for One Stop Grant. And would not give me any information to contact the department that do, only they could forward my information to them. I'm so sick and tired of this company doing this. Any solutions?

Anthony
    New York

• Li
      17th of Feb, 2009

The same thing just happened to me on my debit card. I was charged two charges; one in January and then one in February. When I called my bank, they said that this charge is a scam and it is happening to people all over the country. Beware of this "One Stop Grant" company. When you call customer service, the representative that you speak to says that they use to be that company's customer service but not longer are. They take down your number and say that a representative will call, but they never do. Call you bank and put a stop on your card. Then, fill out a fradulent purchase form with your bank and let them handle the rest. Most of the banks that you do business with will refund the money to you. Hope this helps

• Ti
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I have been dealing with one stop grant since last year several transactions on my account. All of which were refunded I have requested numerous times that they stop any and all future transactions on my account. Since then no problems and as of March 2.2009 a charge of 27.73 appeared on my account. I contacted this 1866-531-5313 that was on my account and they say the are not affiliated with one stop they don't accept their calls. This is the same number I have contacted on more than one occasion.. So beware of the bogus BS!!!

• Br
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I just had the same thing happen today they got me for 27.73 this is the 2 time this bs happened in 2 years last time I got my money back. I just talked to my bank and they told me to get a order number from this place so the can put a hold on the charge and if they dont corroperate my bank will investigate them.

• Jg
      12th of Mar, 2009
    One Stop Grant - Debiting mychecking account without my permission
    Arkansas

One Stop Grant 1-866-531-5313 has been stealing money from my personal checking account thru my debit card number. I have reported this to my bank and they are going to get back to me and let me know how I can proceed legally. PLEASE be aware of this scam !!!

• Jg
      12th of Mar, 2009

They are doing the same to me. I am working closely with my banker and we are trying to see what can be done. I will let you know if we come up with something. I am very p- - - - d!

• St
      23rd of Mar, 2009

One Stop Grants sent nothing and took $49.95 monthly, then quarterly, now periodically... the customer service center "no longer deals with this vendor" they ask for your phone number and say they will have someone call you back within the next 24hrs. Its been a month and I am still waiting for the return call. I have also been charged again by One Stop Grants!!! ONLY IN AMERICA...

• La
      6th of Apr, 2009

They taken money off my credit card without my permission. I don't even remember ordering anything. I don't remember anything about this company. I want my money back, I plan to write the Better Business Bureau regarding this company. I'm sure they will get to the bottom. This company that excepts there phones calls should be brought up on charges to, because they keep saying they can only relay a message . For a company that is doing what One Stop Grant is doing I'm surprise a that other company would want to have anything to do with them.

22nd of May, 2009

Looks like we are joining the list of people being had by this credit card scam! I hope that the information below we help you if you find yourself in this situation.

Please make sure you are checking your credit card charges. We just realized we have been paying a company called “ONESTOPGRANT” 866-531-5313 since last April 15th, 2008 for products and services unknown. I pay my daughter’s credit card for her because she is in school and just assumed “ONESTOPGRANT” was a gas station because of the wording, “ONESTOP”. What tipped me off was the April statement which had a charge on the 15th and the 16th both for $22.73. This made me wonder, “Why would she need so much gas and how could she fill up and pay the same amount in two consecutive days?” We then pulled up all of her statements and found that she had been charged the following:

ONE STOP GRANT - 866-531-5313

3/25/2009 $59.95
    4/15/2009 $22.73
    4/16/2009 $22.73
    Total $506.31

Then we went looking for these people on the web and found this comment board with others who had fraudulent charges on their credit cards from this organization. We also found many web-sites for an organization called One Stop Grant where people can get grants for school, which lead me to believe that they are funding their grants with small charges on people’s credit cards who are not paying close attention; us. However, I do not know for a fact that the “ONESTOPGRANT” on my daughters her credit card and the One Stop Grant organizations I found on the web are connected in anyway. We, of course, canceled her credit card, called our Life Lock Representative, filed a police report and raised a big stink with a young lady manning the phones at this number, 866-531-5313 which was on our statement.

The conversation with this young lady made me even more suspicious. She could not tell me what the product or service was that my daughter had purchased possibly because she said they were a third party billing company. She asked for the last 8 digits of her credit card number so she could look up the account. (Since we had closed the account, I went ahead and gave her the last 8 digits.) Of course, she could not find an account for my daughter. She asked for the phone number to see if she could find an account that way and again nothing. They had no record of any purchases or charges for my daughter. I asked several times to speak with a Supervisor, she would not let me. She gave me a fax number to send the statements to, so they could reimburse her! My response was, “Well, why would you reimburse her if you didn’t charge her in the first place, that makes no sense”. She would not give me the name of a person or the name of the organization I was faxing, stating they were a third party billing company and they had to protect their customers. Again, I said that makes no sense, maybe I do not understand third party billing! She never said they were not “ONESTOPGRANT” just lead me to believe that they were not. She ended the conversation telling me a Supervisor would call me today, May 21, 2009, I have not heard a word. I will call again on May 22, 2009.

My daughter is a student and the money she has is loan money that she has to pay back. It looks like someone is stealing her loan money and possibly using it for grants to other students. I know it is not a great deal of money but do this to several thousand people and it adds up. Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop these people?

Please look out for “ONESTOPGRANT” and any other unusual charges on your credit cards!