One Email a Day / Fradulent Charges to Phone Bill

1 Pegram, TN, United States Review updated:

Charged 14.95 to my ATT phone bill. I never authorized the charges or knew what the service was. I called the number and the woman repeatedly asked me for my address, which I refused to give her because I couldn't imagine why she needed it. This is a total scam. She couldn't really even explain what the company did.

Comments

Ma
  15th of Jan, 2009
One Email a Day - fraudulent charges
One Email A Day
Georgia

I just noticed that I have 4 fraudulent charges on my phone bill from this One Email A Day company. I phoned the number listed and got a representitave named Donna who told me that due to the Terms and conditions that I agreed to I was not entitled to a full refund of my money. I, in no uncertain terms and with a few colorful words, explained to her that I did not see the Terms and Conditions because I did not sign up for this service... therefore I want my $59.80 returned to me immediately. She insisted that I could only get $14.95 returned. I told her that was unacceptable and they had 48 hours to return my money in full and that I would be contacting the phone compay fraud department (if they have one) and reporting this company as a fraud. I will also be contacting any federal agency that I can find to report them as frauds. I think that the phone services need to have more safeguards to keep this type of thing from happening.. what are they in it with the companies and getting kickbacks from pulling off this fraud?

Da
  9th of Feb, 2009

I had a similar experience. I noticed charges on my (elderly) father's phone bill. When I called this company they explained how the billing began - it was buried in the terms and conditions of a website he visited for an iq test! (I guess that's what retired people do for fun?)

Anyway, they told me they could only refund one month's charges and when I calmly explained that my father was elderly and that they had very deceptive business practices, they agreed to refund the entire amount. I haven't seen the credit yet, but am optimistic as they gave me a confirmation number.

Di
  24th of Jun, 2009
One Email a Day - fraudlent application
one email a day
Linwood
New Jersey
Phone: 877 567 7303

attempted to establish a job crawler via Workjobs.net. Only to find that the basic address information was shared with One Email A Day, which happens to be some provider of an alternate email address service intended to filter spam mail. I did not intend to sign up, nor was there any indication that this sharing would occur and that they would attempt to bill me via my telephone carrier. Instead, I learned of this when I received a phone call from them while attempting to confirm my contact number in my job profile. They did agree to cancel the unintended subscription, but refused to provide proper contact numbers for both us and canada locations. This was reported to the DELAWARE Attorney General as a consumer scam.

Mi
  12th of Aug, 2009
OneEmailaday - fraudulent charges
Illinois

This company has been charging my relatives with charges for services that have NOT been authorized. I did a survey online, but never gave any permissions to this company to charge relatives of mine for some email services. This is internet fraud- as well as violation of a FCC Code I am sure.

Le
  18th of Aug, 2009

I saw the charge on my phone bill...called their cust svc dept...I confirmed that an 'old friend' used the internet and signed up for the service. Of course this person would know my address and my home tel #...does NOT authorize him to sign up for this service and have it billed to my home number...ARE THEY CRAZY? Also, my home numbe ris published in the phone book...anyone could sign up since they do not require identification/confirmation from the person whose name the phone bill is in

Ja
  30th of Nov, 2009

I accidently overpaid my verizon bill by $100 dallars and had a ongoing credit. The credit should have lasted me 3 months b/c my bill is only $30/month. My service was interuped 2 months later for non-payment of bill. I was not recieving my bill at home b/c verizon said I had signed up for paperless billing eventhough at the time I did not internet access. Then once I was able to see my bill online b/c verizon would not change my billing back to paper(sending bills to my address) I noticed I had been charged 16.99/month since I accidently overpaid my bill. One email a day is a scam and Verizon just lets it happen they are not helpful at all with this problem. I have called One Email A Day twice trying to get the charges off my verizon bill. Both times they said the charges would be dropped but its a lie they haven't taken any charges off yet. So I am filing three complaints with the NJ attorney general. Two against verizon and one against One Email A Day.

Se
  11th of Dec, 2009
One Email a Day - false charges
oneemailaday,LLc

We were charged a fee and we did not sign up or use this service, called the company and got nowhere. Don't really know how to fix this problem but the phone company knows to block any further billing from these scam artists

Bi
  1st of Jan, 2010

We just had the same thing happen to us. We have Verizon as our carrier. Verizon said that they couldn't do anything about it because it was billed from an outside service. I called One Email A Day and after "discussing" it with the guy, he said the past charges would be credited and future charges stopped. I told him that it had better be taken care of our I would contact the better business bureau. Just like you, nothing was done by them. We then went ahead and contacted the BBB and within 24 hours the charges stopped and the past charges credited to our account. I am still watching this to make sure it doesn't show up again. You have to deal tough with them or they don't get it. My advice is call the Better Business Bureau if they insist on scamming you!!! Good Luck!

Da
  1st of Feb, 2010

Class action suite to be filed in NJ over the oneemailaday.com scam. Contact your U.S. Attorney's Office.

Anyone in NJ contact the following

Camden Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse

Civil Division: 856-757-5412
Hearing Impaired: 856-968-4983

Main FAX: 856-968-4917
Civil Division FAX: 856-757-5416
(please include a cover sheet with all faxes indicating the name, division, and unit, if available)

Trenton U.S. Attorney's Office

Hearing Impaired: 973-645-6227

General FAX: 973-645-2702

LECC/Victim-Witness Unit, Newark Office
973-645-2700
(ask reception to connect you)

Public Affairs Office
General Press Inquiries: 973-645-2888
FAX: 973-645-2868

Ad
  23rd of Sep, 2010

It seems like we had different experiences from the same company! I was angry at the additional amount on my bill too! I called up One Email A Day and insisted on a refund. They explained why it was charged and how things happen if I use the services. I saw a lot of sense in what they explained to me. I'm a paid user now and there are no complaints :)

Ad
  23rd of Sep, 2010

Seems like heavy weather here! Let me share my experience with the same company -- One Email A Day. I was at the receiving end of some additional amount on my phone bill, too. I called up the staff immediately. Contrary to what A.S. Thompson faced, the executive could explain their services to me clearly. I pay for their services now and find them particularly useful.

Tr
  18th of Oct, 2010

Adam D has got to be a plant from these con artists. They fraudulently claim people signed up on the internet and then use third party billing on your phone to collect. This is disgusting to me because the biggest vistims will be the elderly that don't read their bills.

This is a total billing scam that is reprehensible. They should be sent to jail immediately. There is a lawsuit in the works for these [censor].

Who the hell would want 1 e-mail a day anyway?

Mo
  7th of Nov, 2010

I am being charged for a email everyday that my son and I did not agree to. I want this off my phone bill (frontier in sun prairie, WI ) and i shouldnt have to go through all this much problem to get this off my phone bill. My son did some research and has never heard of your company what so ever and i will not be paying for something that i nor my son agreed to nor has he or i reseved any emails anyways .
I want this off my phone bill and i will not be paying for something that was suppose to be off my phone bill when i called last month. The lady i talked to took it off my bill but then it was back on this bill for this month but double the amount .

Mo
  7th of Nov, 2010

I want this off my my phone bill due to that i never agreed to anything and neither did my son. I talked to a lady through your company and she took it off my bill and this months bill came in and its double the amount. (Frontier sun prairie Wi 53590) Monte Allsage My acct# 16 6775 2762237718 07 and my phone number is (608)825-4961
I would like it if you take this off my phone bill as soon as possiable. I shouldnt have to go through this much trouble to get something off my phone bill for something that i did not agree to and neither did my son.

Pe
  21st of Jan, 2011

I happened to us with Verizon/Frontier. We live in Oregon. This is a scam. Verizon/Frontier now has a free protection service against this type of thing. The only problem is you have to call them and tell them you want to opt in.
By the way, you can demand they send you the IP address and request information for the request that signed you up. What they give you will most likely be wrong but you could then use it for leverage. The IP they gave me is assigned to a local school district...I don't work for the local school district.

Mj
  12th of Mar, 2011

I just noticed a $14.95 charge on my 3/1/11 Verizon bill from this same company, and told Verizon I refused to pay as i didn't know who they were and had never signed up for any such service. A Google search reveals numerous similar experiences . If there's a class action lawsuit, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Mike
Springfield VA
(703) 445-3227

Su
  27th of Aug, 2011

We have called Verizon several times and still keep getting a $14.95 charge on our Verizon bills. I would be interested in hearing the best way to address this ridiculousness. We never knowingly signed up for this service!
Sue