On Time Digital / Fraud and Coercion

Phone: 206-853-1196
This is the reciept to the camera that I ordered from this company called On time Digital [protected]:
Thank you for your order. Your order number is 25396-W.

Canon XL2 1/3-Inch 3-CCD Widescreen MiniDV Camcorder with 24P Recording Advanced Optical Image Stabilizer
Qty: 1

Shipping: $0.00 (Ground)
Tax: $0.00
Total: $849.99

Notice the type of camera and the description that it is describing what I am buying!

It conscerned me shortly after making this purchase that I never recieved any conformation email on such a large purchase.

I did not recieve an email from them to confirm the transaction until the day that I decided to call. This was about two days later.

Ely, the associate that I spoke with over the phone told me that all I ordered was the "body" of the camera.

This means that there is no lens, 1/3-Inch 3-CCD Widescreen MiniDV Camcorder with 24P Recording Advanced Optical Image Stabilizer...it is just the body of the Canon XL2.

Not only did this confused me when I went back to the site to investigate further on what I had purchased, that same page that I saved in my favorites when I found the camera still has the same camera displayed but at a different price $1649.99.

This is the link to it:

Over all, what it all boils down to is that Ely, convenced me that I was not purchasing a complete ready to use Canon XL2 at the priced displayed as the Holiday Special(at that time) and that I had to spend an adittional $3000 to get the full version of the camera (notice the price of the camera).

I could not afford that so he offered me the Canon GL2 in which I had to pay an aditional $1700 to cover it's cost, BUT, when you go to the website look at what they have it priced $699.99:

I am on a fixed government income and it took me 2 years to saved up enough money to purchase the Canon XL2 even without a Holiday Special but some how I feel that this whole transaction is fraudulent. This whole transaction has cost me $2549.99

I have been calling them and now, all of a sudden, you don't get a live person on the line. Your put on hold for 5 minutes then sent to an answering machine.

Here is a copy of the email that i sent them today after several attempts on the phone:

I have some concerns about my order.

I am investigating the products on your site and have been exploring what you explained to me about the packages over the phone.
My concern is that you talk me into purchasing a Canon GL2 at $2549.99 but upon looking this product up on your site, it's list price is $1499.99 and that's the Professional Package.

Not only that, upon looking at the packages for the Canon XL2 w/Professional Package is priced at $2449.99.

Help me to understand this. You have left me feeling as if I have been coerced into purchasing an over priced product that I did not want and the one that I do want is listed well within the budget that I have already spent with your company.

Please help me to rectify this possible simple misunderstanding.

I'm contacting you guy's mostly because you are in a position to expose this kind of "Holiday Screwed (Scruge)".

George Lewis jr.

More On Time Digital Complaints & Reviews

Plus On Time Digital - Rip-Off Scammers [11]

N  9th of Dec, 2008 by

On Time Digital - order not filled
On Time Digital

Placed order for Kodak Easy Share Z1012 ZS 11/23/08 for fantastic price & free shipping. Received confirmation email. Two weeks later received 2 emails: Call to confirm. Business office closes at 2:00 on Fridays, so no answer. No answer to reply email. Left 3 messages & additional email on Monday. Still no response. Search on website offers no help, not even a way to cancel. Will be watching credit card charges!
N  22nd of Dec, 2008 by

On Time Digital - Camera and GPS s cam
New York

On Time Digital is a scam. Do not use this company. They sell GPS devices without maps and Cameras without batteries and try to bully you into buying these neccessities and warranties before shipping them. They ruined my daughter's Christmas present as she will not be geting the camera I ordered from them. Beware of these prices that are low and offered by this scam compnay in Brooklyn NY.
N  29th of Dec, 2008 by
Deceptive retailer. Do not use them.
N  8th of Feb, 2009 by
Thank you for this, I was about to purchase a canon powershot sd990 is with them but it seemed to good to be true at $209. Is it too late for you to get a refund? i would call canon and tell them what is going on and your credit card.
N  8th of Feb, 2009 by
I just e-mailed Canon asking what companies I should buy their products from (mentioning ontimedigital)and they wrote back to me within 5 minutes. This is what they said, hope it helps in the future:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding purchasing a Canon digital camera.
We value you as a Canon customer and appreciate the opportunity to
assist you.

I have been unable to find any information verifying that the company
you have listed is an authorized Canon dealer. We do not have any
authorized dealers that operate solely online. If you choose to make
your purchase online, we suggest that you use only the websites of Canon
Authorized Dealers. As a general rule, it is not advisable to order
from a website that does not show the company's physical address and
telephone number. Before placing your order, please ensure that you
fully understand the company's purchase, return, shipping, and exchange
policies; be certain that you understand exactly what items you are
getting for what cost.

We also suggest that you check with the Better Business Bureau
(www.bbb.org) to confirm the reputation of a dealer before making your
purchase. The BBB website has a search tool that can be used to get
information about a company based on the URL (web address) of their

For further assistance, please call our Canon Presales Department at
1(800)652-2666 between 8:00 am and midnight ET, 7 days. The Canon
presales agents will assist you with product information and dealer
locations. Pricing for products on the www.usa.canon.com website will
be determined by the Authorized Canon dealers in your area.

Here is a list of some online Authorized Canon dealers for Canon cameras

36. www.thecameramall.com
37. www.pcnation.com
38. www.newegg.com
38. www.adorama.com

Please contact an online store directly to determine what exactly is
included with the camera for a price that is to good to be true. It may
only be the camera body with no accessories, i.e., battery, charger,
etc. Also make sure the Canon camera is an USA version with an USA
warranty card. If it is overseas version, the warranty will not be
valid in the USA.

We hope this information is helpful to you. Please let us know if we
can be of any further assistance with your Canon Products.

Thank you for choosing Canon.

Technical Support Representative

Special Note: Certain issues are very difficult to resolve via email.
If your question remains unanswered after you have received this email,
you may call our special toll-free number for email customers with
unresolved issues and speak to a technician by dialing 1-866-261-9362,
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 midnight ET, and Saturday 10:00 a.m. -
8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).
A  19th of Feb, 2009 by
I ordered a camera from them, and they told it came with nothing, and wanted to run my price up from 185.00 to 310.00 I told them no and canceled the order Larry
A  19th of Feb, 2009 by
I ordered a nikon s60 for $165.00 then they told me it came with nothing. When they got through they wanted $310.00. I told them no and canceled the order.
N  18th of Mar, 2009 by
According to your order number, your order was shipped via UPS. So did it turn out ok in the end?
N  26th of Mar, 2009 by
Did they charge you ?
I am in a similar situation right now...